Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Entire Chat App Pop Out in Separate Window

Currently individual chats have the ability to be popped out of the MS Teams platform. It would be nice if the entire Chat App could be popped out of the MS Teams platform separately. That way we can keep the chat app opened and navigate to the other apps within MS teams without having to go back and forth between the chat and whichever other app we are working in.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deleting of chats

Please enable a setting to delete the chats and the chat history.
    Things will be easier.

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a place where students can view all assignments regardless of what class they are assigned for at once.

Instead of each class's assignments being listed in a different place, the assignments tab should allow you to view a master list of all assignments, sort of like a planner would.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Real time Call Details in Graph API

When someone calls me in teams, I want to get the phone number of the caller via graph API (in real-time) so that I can use it for other purposes like looking up it in our internal database, etc.

The flow could be like this: Use the presence webhook to see if I'm in a call. If i'm in a call, get the call details using my user id.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Participants and Shared Presentation on separate monitors

Move the shared screen (with the presentation someone is sharing) to a separate monitor and keep the faces of the participants on the main screen.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Screen Share: Split Screen Teachers Video and Desktop Window share simultaneously

So teachers would like to Start screen share while Pinning there Video at the same time in a split screen option. Here's why: Teachers of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing would like to have the teachers presentation displayed to the student (1/2 Screen) and the video of the sign language interpreter (1/2 Screen ) displayed at the same time,

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to archive assignments after a quarter/semester

After a quarter or a semester, teachers should be able to archive assignments and students grades without deleting them. This is a good reference point.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Schedule posts/announcements.

As a teacher, I would love to be able to schedule a post/announcement in Teams! This would be an amazing feature, especially in the current climate.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Introduce delete chat option

Introduce delete chat option

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adding the ability to Multitask and Customize Notifications

First, I would like to personally emphasize my appreciation for providing me and other students with the ability to learn easily and effectively in the virtual setting. Within the past school year, many schools have developed the need for alternative forms of learning. Although the app has provided businesses, schools, and organizations the ability to communicate and learn virtually, there are a few modifications that I believe would be useful in order to better the application.

I would like to suggest adding the ability to open more tabs at once within the app. While attending class, I have found the
    8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Apple watch integration

I've just noticed that teams doesn't currently integrate with an Apple watch. For example it would be great if I could tell if someone is trying to contact me (call or message) through a teams watch application notification.

Use case: we provide out-of-hours support for a number of clients, and we use teams for all call redirecting via auto attendants. So, if we had the watch app we wouldn't need to carry our mobile devices around (teams is installed on personal iPhone).

Would be happy to help :)

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The ability to have a Message Tray

Ever been typing out a long message and the person replies before you can send it. You decided you want to send back a "cool" or "nice", but you already have paragraph written. Now you got to copy and paste.....

Now imagine you had a little button that said tray message (tray)..... You add your message to the tray and send your quick response. Then you flip that long message out of the tray and bang your back to your monologue

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Created Quiz assignment to run in Take a Test app

After Quiz is assigned and student click to run the quiz, it will be automatically opened in Take a Test app, which disables opening another windows on computer.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. student view

Give teachers a view button so they can see what the screens look like for a student without having to log in as a student or have students' share their screen.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Distinguish Teams on the template that created them

For instance for EDU, allow for Classroom, Staff and PLC to be distinguishable from another, as well as from regular no template Teams.

Thanks in advance.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be awesome if there is an api functionality to create a new chat in MS teams

Using graph API, we can send message to a channel successfully.
    But if we want to send message to a user on behalf of a user, we can only send message to a chat that already opened.
    But there is no API to create or start a chat.
    It would be awesome if we have an API to send message to a user by creating a new chat or an separate API functionality to create a new chat. Thanks

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow muting of incoming audio for specific people (not muting their mic for all).

If you are sitting in the same room with other participants you will get a delayed audio (through teams) in parallel to the real audio (voice) in the room. Having the option to mute the incoming audio for these specific participants would be a great benefint because everyone ouside could still hear them but in the same room you would have to fight with the double audio anymore.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. games for microsoft teams

create games people can play in chat like apple does for texts

233 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 49 50
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base