Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. API for Teams custom status messages

Teams custom status message just rolled to clients. Is there a way to update the status via Graph (or other ) API, calling the client / updating a file or any other non manual way currently / nearby?

It would open up interesting possibilities to update statuses (off duty, on duty for example).

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. THIS SYSTEM SUCKS!

ITS TOO COMPLEX AND THIS ISNT FACEBOOK TIME MAKE IT LIKE SKYPE...SIMPLE AND EASY.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow to reply to messages in a channel via Microsoft Graph

It would be good to be able to reply to a message in a channel via Microsoft Graph rather than starting a new conversation.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show Week Number In Windows 10 Tray Calendar App

Hi Windows experts!

I can see week numbers if I start the Calendar App on Windows 10 but I'm not able to see week number if I just click date and time in the taskbar and the small calendar pops up. I would like for week numbers to show in the taskbar pop up calendar.

Have a very good day!
    Anton from Sundsvall, Sweden

327 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default channel for Teams name

I'd like to be able to choose a channel as default when clicking on the team name in the left side of the screen.

When a team only has one channel (general channel), you get directly to that channel when clicking on the team name in the left side. When the team has many channels and you click on the team name you don´t even get into the team or any channel (if all channels are showing in a list under team name, it "closes"). You have to click on a channel to get inside the team.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. teams web join share

We've had reports that our employees could not join Teams share sessions they were invited to via the web, but could join the same meetings in the Teams app. Please resolve so that Teams share sessions people are invited can be joined via web.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Azure devops account different from teams account

Because of a long history with Microsoft account issues with TFS and later Azure devops, I've ended up with a different account login for azure devops than the one I use with MS Teams.
    And then I cannot add Azure devops page to my team as the account used to log in to MS Teams must be the same as the one accessing Azure dev ops for some reason. Can this be fixed, or is there a work-around?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. checklist planner

Planner Checklist item additions:

1) Provide the ability to assign one or more people to Planner checklist items within a card.
    (The card itself has assigned people but each Planner checklist item should also have assigned people.)

2) Provide the ability to assign due dates to Planner Checklist items within a card.
    (The card itself has a due date but each Planner checklist item should also have their own due dates)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Forward calls

Add Call Forwarding ("Redirect Call") Options to "Auto Attendant" (both working hours and after hours) and "Call Queues".

We use an outside phone receptionist service to answer all our calls.

This feature change will be helpful for businesses who want to forward to their mobile phone or an after-hours support service desk.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow a single user to join a Team meeting on multiple devices simultaneously

In Skype for Business, I am able to accept an Audio invitation on the phone app while accepting the Video/Screen sharing invitation from my PC simultaneously. It would be very helpful if I could do that from within Teams as well since I keep my earbuds connected to my phone but my laptop screen makes it much easier to view shared content.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Restriction Flex API functionality - Request

API functionality that we would like to have added

Start Stop Content
    Call Status
    Call Information
    Participant information
    Being able to lock the UI and not have it flip back after 60 second
    Remove the boarder for the Crestron control page.
    Booking information / meeting information.

VTP Smart Graphics Extender support

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Follow" Specific Users

Would be great to select specific users to "follow" like Twitter. Or even something like a setting where I only get updates from users in my "favorites" contacts list. Most of the time I dont need updates from all these channels, I'd rather select specific people or a smaller group to get updates from when they post content. Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notifications for unread messages should be visible on icon

There is no notification visible for any new messages or for unread messages. If there are unread messages in this application these should be visible on icon. This may be indicated just by a Red dot. No need to show numbers if that is difficult.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. DO NOT DISTURB- DOESN'T WORK

Make the "Do Not Disturb" actually not disturb! I hate that I still receive notifications on my PC as well as on my phone when in DND. It doesn't even send a message to people that this person is unavailable so they can't send you a message.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Blinking chat window for missed conversation

The Skype for Business had blinking window feature for missed conversation and it used to grab attention to respond to other party, now with teams the window is flagged with tiny red unread message but most of the times we are missing to respond as that red mark is not noticeable. It would be great to have same blinking window feature in Teams to respond to missed conversation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Incluir la opción de Responder a un mensaje concreto, en la ficha conversaciones de un grupo de Chat privado

Permitir que en la ficha de conversaciones de un grupo de Chat privado se pueda responder a un mensaje determinado, al igual que se puede hacer dentro de la ficha de conversaciones de un canal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. conversation reply as chat

It would be nice to have the ability to take a conversation to 1-1 chat. Something like a "reply as new chat" option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow setting creation and modification time when creating chat messages

We need to set creation and modification times of chat messages in a migration scenario where messages from another system must be migrated to Teams.

This is currently not possible as the fields are marked as read-only. (see here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/chatmessage?view=graph-rest-beta)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams app is a piece of junk

It is consuming most memory (262MB) of all applications I am using on my laptop. The only applications running on my machine are Outlook, Chrome browser to write this feedback, Teams and Skype. CPU usage is over 95%. Since I installed Teams, it has hijacked my machine. I have a 64 Bit processor with 16GB RAM but my machine is crawling. Moving from one one app to another app take over 30 seconds. Disgusted and outraged with your application. I would get rid of it but it is company policy and have to retain this junk.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base