Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!
5 — PARTICIPATE in user testing (sign up here: https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif8pDcOcx2pW45I87w)

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Usage of Teams once, breaks ability to use Skype

Dear Admins, please get on the same page as your design teams and support staff, they’re giving users contradicting information.

I just had a conversation with Microsoft Support about the ability for a Skype user to talk to a Teams user…basically at this time there is no such thing as interoperability despite their documentation regarding coexistence modes.

The very minute a user even tries Teams just once…they break the ability to use Skype to talk to you if you’re using Teams. Apparently it’s been in this broken state for months and is “by design.”

Here’s the quote from the rep,…

78 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Pin a Thread

Give the admin of the channel the ability to pin a thread. For example, a welcome post that gives the new members all the information they need about the team.

68 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Teams notifications have stopped working for current chat

Microsoft Teams has stopped showing notifications for your 'current' conversation (the currently selected chat in Teams, where the history is visible). Notifications appear as normal for other chats, but if you get further responses to the 'current' chat - and the window is either hidden, minimised, or closed completely and running the background - then you get no notification (toast, or flashing in the taskbar) and the new conversation isn't bolded in the left sidebar of Teams where the chats are listed.

32 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Provide a much more obvious indicator that a Team has "Guests"

My organization is EXTREMELY worried that a user may post something in a Team that has Guests without realizing external Customers may be in the Team. We are using the nomenclature that a Team name in ALL CAPS is a Team with external people, but it would be great if we could turn on a Banner on Posts (similar to the "This post will be seen by 65 people") in red or yellow so it's very very apparent that you are posting something external people can see.

63 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Control "public connectivity to Free Microsoft Teams

Skype for Business Online allows administrators to control "public IM connectivity" on the admin portal.
            Microsoft Teams also should allow administrators to control "public connectivity to free Microsoft Teams" on the admin portal.
            O365 users worry that home users can install free Microsoft Teams on thier PCs and invite O365 users to their teams.
            O365 users are more likeiy to wrongly upload confidential information to the free teams.

39 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Delete Private Chat threads

This request is for the ability to completely delete a private chat thread. (Not hide/archive.)

Again, this was pulled out into its own topic because it is still under review and no decision has been made.

To recap what has already been completed from the other topic:

1. Delete your own messages anywhere in Teams.
              2. Team Owners can choose if users can edit/delete in their tenant as well as choose if admins have the power to delete any message posted in public channels.
              3. The ability to hide your private chat threads (these are not the chat threads in…

615 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Allow rearranging contacts and groups

The new contact list is now live but it's missing the ability to rearrange contacts and groups by drag and drop like you can now do with teams and recent conversations.

I have quite a few contacts and large groups so sorting them would be very useful.

75 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • partial thread expansion

Allow expanding just the last few comments in a thread, rather than always expanding the whole thing. A thread w/ ~200 replies takes 4-5 seconds to expand completely saturating 1 CPU core and then requires scrolling down through it all to get to the recent replies. This is particularly inconvenient if you are frequently switching channels or between Team view and Chat view as all threads are repopulated collapsed whenever you return to a channel.

We should be able to expand only the unread messages or 20 or so at a time.

22 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Chat notifications not coming through (in background)

I have noticed when I have a chat open and I open another application over Teams the notifications do not come through. So I have no idea wether or not I recieved a new message. The only way I get notifications from that chat is when I open another chat or just go to any other place in Teams.

So to summarise, when I have a chat open and I open another application over Teams, I no longer recieve notifications of said chat.

Could this be fixed/implemented?

I'm not sure wether this is a bug or not.

19 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Allow service numbers from a SIP trunk via Teams Direct Routing

Could you please add support for service numbers (usable with auto attendant or call queues) that come from a SIP trunk connected via Direct Routing? It doesn't make sense to support BYOT with Teams Direct Routing but not having the possibility to use the numbers on the SIP trunk as service numbers for an auto attendant or a call queue.

21 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Email notification for messages I've already read

Please stop sending email notifications about chat messages I've got that I've already read!!!!!!!!!!!

17 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • ability to move new message to be a child of the previous message

The most frequent mistake made in our usage of Teams channels is that everyone will eventually post a new message when they intended to reply to the latest message. Even those of us that have made the mistake before will make it again.

It would be great if there was an option against a new message to associate it with the previous message. This would save any hassle of removing the message and reposting it as a child of the previous message.

29 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled = true when created from Teams?

A recent update has changed -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled from default false to default true when Office 365 group is created by Teams. I would like an option for the user who creates the team to set this value upon creation. Our users need to use the O365 group as well as the team created in Teams. With this value set to true they cannot use the email functionality of the O365 group unless I use powershell to change the value every time someone creates a new team in Teams.

This post was created because of a suggestion from support and the information…

36 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • We have office for business & WANT teams education for our internal & external courses

We area global training team with a large reach to internal and external audiences and really want to use the new fucnations within Teams Education. When we asked attempted to turn on these great new features our IT team stated Office for Business doesn't include Teams Education. We have been pushing Office 365 capabilities and assignments is a perfect use case and much more that would be simply integrated into our courses vs using external software options that don't work with our other native Office 365 products.
                              thanks
                              steve

17 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Teams in SysTray does not distinguish between Activity & Presence

Whether you are in a meeting or got a message, in both cases you get a RED DOT. This is not clear or very helpful.

22 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Improve Install options - Install for all users and install location

Raising this again as Microsoft closed the previous request, saying it was complete even though it was not. (link below)

Teams should install to the program files directory, not the users AppData.

And NO, the answer is not to put a copy of the MSI in Pogram Files and deploy to the users AppData when they login.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17380159-improve-install-options-install-for-all-users-an

24 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • When recording a meeting, record the screen that is being shared.

We just recorded a meeting for our team. No one used their cameras, but we were all watching someone's screen being shared to follow along with the code example. The recorded meeting only shows the icons of folks on the team, it does not show the screen we were all watching.

50 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Update channel - messages are not shown / missing

I am missing messages in "activity" and in the channel. (Desktop-Version 32-Bit) ... same happened on a Mac-Version.

No - those messages where not deleted by the user after they got posted.

This is a Killer-Bug which needs attention ASAP since a communication tool that cannot be trusted in delivering the communication just will be replaced asap.

When looking at Teams at colleagues, I noticed that they had entries that I don't have in my Teams (Windows 10). Even more strange: When I look at my iOS app, I see those messages.

Causing problem might be network issues and my…

15 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Notifications on MacOSX - Use Notifications Manager

Please use the OSX-native Notifications mechanism build into the OS for MS Teams notifications. In this way, you will allow Teams users to manage Notifications in the same way as they do all other OSX apps.

59 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Deploy Microsoft Teams over the network using GPO

Deploy Teams over the network to GPO setting that will launch the application only in the background mode.

47 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 475 476
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base