Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Blynclight for Microsoft Teams

Expose user presence in Microsoft Teams through an API so that the Embrava Blynclight can subscribe to the current users status and display this status on the Blynclight.

www.embrava.com

399 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

132 comments  ·  People/Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Teams Presence should be 'real-time'.

Having presence delays of up to 4 minutes makes presence largely useless. Having to resort back to typing 'are you free now' after calls, because I can't tell if they are still in the meeting, or have started another meeting or call. Or trying to call somebody and get rejected and a message saying "I'm in a call"

65 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  People/Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Pin a Thread

Give the admin of the channel the ability to pin a thread. For example, a welcome post that gives the new members all the information they need about the team.

141 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • screen share

Please allow screen share direct from chat without establishing a call. That would improve functionality and efficiency a great deal

31 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Allow service numbers from a SIP trunk via Teams Direct Routing

Could you please add support for service numbers (usable with auto attendant or call queues) that come from a SIP trunk connected via Direct Routing? It doesn't make sense to support BYOT with Teams Direct Routing but not having the possibility to use the numbers on the SIP trunk as service numbers for an auto attendant or a call queue.

123 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Usage of Teams once, breaks ability to use Skype

Dear Admins, please get on the same page as your design teams and support staff, they’re giving users contradicting information.

I just had a conversation with Microsoft Support about the ability for a Skype user to talk to a Teams user…basically at this time there is no such thing as interoperability despite their documentation regarding coexistence modes.

The very minute a user even tries Teams just once…they break the ability to use Skype to talk to you if you’re using Teams. Apparently it’s been in this broken state for months and is “by design.”

Here’s the quote from the rep,…

99 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Audio conference can't start if the organizer is not using Teams app

In Skype, we have the following scenario:
                - Participants call the conference number and are waiting in a lobby room for the organizer
                - The organizer calls the conference, enters his leader PIN.
                - The conference starts and participants that were waiting in the lobby room are admitted into the conference.

In Teams, unfortunately, it's a bit different:
                - Participants call the conference number and are waiting in a lobby room for he organizer
                - The organizer calls the conference, enters his leader PIN.
                - The conference starts BUT participants that were waiting in the lobby room are NOT admitted…

65 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Screen sharing within chat

I need to be able to share my screen with a coworker at a different location WITHIN a chat. I also need my coworker to be able take over my computer within chat. Right now it seems you can only share your screen during a meeting.

86 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Add archiving feature on Teams' posts

Considering that teams channel are sometime used for discussing projects, problems, long term plans, etc. in business regardless of the size. Having the possibility to archive an entire post (and its replies) either in an dedicated archive feature added to teams or give the option to send the post to a different teams / channel ( that would be used for various backup decisions or archiving data) would be a great addition to MS Teams.

This would go hand in hand with the search feature in Teams to easily find old post that would be relevant reference to a new…

28 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Audio conferencing not letting attendees into the teams meeting Unless they are authenticated by the Teams app

We have been experiencing a bit of a problem since last week and honestly at this point I am not really sure whether it has to do with some of the new teams policy features in teams or it is actually a tech. problem.

Basically as of last week when a user creates a meeting (with dialins) in the Teams addon in Outlook and he/she tries to join the meeting as the meeting host via phone the other invitees are just stuck in the lobby forever, as if the host never joined.

On the other hand, when the host joins…

16 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled = true when created from Teams?

A recent update has changed -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled from default false to default true when Office 365 group is created by Teams. I would like an option for the user who creates the team to set this value upon creation. Our users need to use the O365 group as well as the team created in Teams. With this value set to true they cannot use the email functionality of the O365 group unless I use powershell to change the value every time someone creates a new team in Teams.

This post was created because of a suggestion from support and the information…

111 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Make the default stickers less sexist

Most of the stickers/memes are male characters (e.g. wearing ties). Why is that? Women work in offices too! So do gender non-conforming individuals. The only place where women appear in the stickers is in the "Office Drama" section. It's 2018, Microsoft, I expect better than that!

18 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Allow Teams Meeting Host to Toggle Meeting Entry Exit Tones Conference Bridge Settings

As an O365 global admin there is no way to let my Teams users toggle these audio conferencing meeting preferences themselves.

There is only a global setting in the Teams/Skype admin portal that lets me turn on/off these audio conference bridge settings for the entire tenant. My users need to be able to modify these settings like they could in Skype for business.

If I was hosting a large Teams meeting and running a webinar you can see how disruptive entrance and exit tones would be as participants come and go. The problem is that I can't just disable them…

19 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Edit Channel File Path

In the channel editing popup, add the ability to modify the default link to the folders for the channel. Our company uses a multi-level hierarchical structure and it would be great to build this within a team and point the channels to specific sub-folders as the files shown in the channel.

20 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Add the option for you to "unmention" yourself in a conversation thread where another user has mentioned you

Add an option to conversation threads that allows @mentioned users to "unmention" themselves. This will be particularly useful where the user has been mentioned incorrectly (i.e. the wrong John Smith is mentioned) and where the user's part in the conversation has naturally ended and they no longer need to see updates for the thread.

31 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Provide a much more obvious indicator that a Team has "Guests"

My organization is EXTREMELY worried that a user may post something in a Team that has Guests without realizing external Customers may be in the Team. We are using the nomenclature that a Team name in ALL CAPS is a Team with external people, but it would be great if we could turn on a Banner on Posts (similar to the "This post will be seen by 65 people") in red or yellow so it's very very apparent that you are posting something external people can see.

104 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Allow "Do Not Disturb" or "Hide Alerts" for certain threads in a channel

In the More Options menu inside any channel, on any thread, can we get a "Hide Alerts" option for that particular thread? I know there are conversations I do not need to be bothered with and I'd like to shut notifications off for those particular threads. "Hide Alerts" "Do not disturb" something like that. I'd still like to get notifications from the channel for other threads that have not turned this option "ON" as they come in. Thank you.

28 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Allow rearranging contacts and groups

The new contact list is now live but it's missing the ability to rearrange contacts and groups by drag and drop like you can now do with teams and recent conversations.

I have quite a few contacts and large groups so sorting them would be very useful.

140 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Client-side debugging

Get us some client side tools to analyze candidates

11 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • While in a call, add another person to the call

Reopening previous UserVoice post per request of MS Support:
                                          https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16952083-while-in-a-call-add-another-person-to-the-call

"While in a call, you should be able to add another person (or more than one) to the call, to instantly create a group call. Similar as in Skype by clicking the "+" button."

This is NOT completed - this feature, as well as various other features (such as Delegate Call-As) are not available in PSTN calling/Calls tab, only Teams-to-Teams calling (via the Chat tab).

These features have been marked as completed in the UserVoice as well as the roadmap but that is not correct.

16 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 562 563
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base