Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. live captions in portuguese brazil

Live caption in Teams both meetings and live events to have Portuguese Brazil available.

8,480 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1683 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 27,056 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2790 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your continued feedback. As many people have pointed out, this is available on mobile today. Support for replying to a specific message is on the backlog for desktop. I’ll let you know when we have progress to share. Thanks.

3. Keep the Linux Client up to date with the latest features.

We love to use Teams in a multi platform Online School environment .

Stick to version 1.3.005153

missing :

3x3 Grid, better more, View
    Raise Hands
    Blur Background
    Share single application Window, with passthrough audio
    Mouspointer not visible to others when share screen

2,171 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

471 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams Meeting organizer can force mute audio/video for attendees

Give meeting organizers the ability to force mute audio/video for all attendees in the meeting options page. Attendees should not be able to un-mute their audio/video with this option set.

3,409 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

378 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently testing the ‘hard audio mute’ feature internally. We will share an update as soon as one is available.

To view this item on the roadmap, please visit https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=Microsoft%20Teams&searchterms=66575.

For the separate feature ask to disable attendee video, please track and/or upvote this suggestions: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/40255927.

5. Disable chat temporarily during meetings

Please allow meeting organizer to temporarily disable chat during a meeting.
    We often have people so focused on the chat, they don't pay any attention to the actual meeting.
    We'd love to be able to turn off chat at the beginning of the meeting, and then turn it back on at an appropriate point.

1,799 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

375 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make public channel private

It would be nice to convert some of our already established channels to private now the feature is available in the same way it may be desired to de-classify a private channel to public at some point too.

Currently a channel privacy can only be set during creation.

5,026 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

558 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The team has reviewed this request and has added it to our backlog for both Standard (Public) to Private and Private to Standard (Public) channel conversion. We will share an update as soon as it’s available.

7. Make Video Recordings automatically upload to Stream Again.

Make Video Recordings automatically upload to Stream Again. It was a VERY BAD decision to change this functionality. Our Teachers were all trained on making video lessons and sharing with Students. Now, they are ready to hang me. CHANGE THIS BACK BEFORE I AM ERASED, ALONG WITH TEAMS!

395 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Status Available

Would like ability to set my status to stay at "Available" without it automatically changing to "Away" when I've been inactive for 5 minutes.

676 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow multiple video/camera feeds at same time in Live events

With everyone moving to remote these days, it's important for our executive team to provide the same sort of all-staff meeting experience. We currently use 3rd-party tools and want to use Teams, but the Q&A is a cumbersome experience AND our executive cannot each individually show their camera at the same time live as they are answering the questions that come in through the Q&A.

This seems like a gimme sort of feature, but I can't find it anywhere.

1,376 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. See participants while sharing screen

Currently, participants can see others while the screen is shared. But the presenter cannot. I would like it to be able to see participants while sharing my screen.

950 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

135 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support to host a meeting in a Private Channel

Hi there, I've setup a private channel in a Team for supervisors only. I'd like to "host" the regular staff meeting in the private channel, but i can only select "public" channels. Can Microsoft add the ability to host Team meetings within a private channel?

3,893 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

591 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Toggle video camera mirroring on or off for Teams calls

ISSUE: Video feed is always mirrored during a Teams call, meaning that written text, such as on a whiteboard, is displayed incorrectly.
    SOLUTION: Provide a toggle option to not mirror the camera when in a video call.

1,514 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

400 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We apologize for the confusion this is causing. Your meeting attendees receive a non-mirrored video including the image of you and any text, whiteboards etc. The image and video in your Call Monitor screen is shown to you only, as if you were looking in a mirror.

We are reviewing options to make this more user friendly (including a toggle), and will update status here as we have more. But, please note there is no action needed from you to ensure attendees see the correct image.

Thank you!

13. Introduce Freedesktop dbus notifications for Linux

Teams currently uses a custom notification which can't be controlled, and it breaks in tiling window managers such as Sway or i3. (Steals focus and position is always on the middle of the screen.)

Referred from

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Teams-Developer/Teams-for-Linux-does-not-use-Freedesktop-dbus-notifications/m-p/1070215

1,690 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Keep background settings between calls

The new backgrounds are great! However, settings go back to default after the call has ended. Please remember my previous camera background setting so I don't have to set it again every call.
    Second choice is to be able to set blur or background before entering the call.

604 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create Planner tabs within Private Channels

We have just started using Private Channels, which is great as our team has sub teams within it and this way we can have private discussions, without creating multiple teams.

What we'd also like to do is create Planner Plans within the Private Channels that are only accessible to those within the Private Channel. Is this on the roadmap?

4,716 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

664 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. PLEASE fix desktop app performance on macOS!! Constant high CPU usage and memory leaks!

I'm running Teams desktop app on macOS Catalina and the performance is TERRIBLE! If I get on a single 1-on-1 video call, the fan on my 2017 MacBook Pro starts spinning like crazy, CPU usage goes up to about 85%, and app begins to use over 1GB of RAM! To put it in perspective, I can get on a Zoom call with 10 other people, CPU usage is at less than 20%, and memory usage never passes 300MB

I've read on other forums to disable GPU acceleration in the settings, but that has only marginally helped.

Please fix your app!

408 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your reports. We released client and service updates this week, that address many MacOS-specific performance issues. We are also aware of recent performance issues with Microsoft Teams meetings, especially on laptops and when using external monitors.

The team is working to resolve these issues. In the meantime, please find troubleshooting information here: https://docs.microsoft.com/microsoftteams/troubleshoot/known-issues/teams-slow-video-meetings-laptops-4k.

17. Teams meeting lobby - allow "selected people" to bypass lobby

With the new "Only me" option for bypassing the lobby, this puts huge onus on organisers who might not normally expect to attend a meeting but where the meeting has a requirement to hold particpants int eh lobby.

For example ...

Person A sets up a MS Teams meeting that we will use to teach a random group of students about a topic. Person A sets the lobby to "only me" and invites person B as a "presenter". They also invite 100 random students.

On the delivery day Person A arrives and admits person B from the lobby shortly before…

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make it possible for members of a Teams meeting to hide their full names

Make it possible for the host of a Teams meeting to hide names of participants.

When conducting interviews we are having candidates inappropriately contact members of the prospective managerial team. It would be nice to hide everyone's name except the point of contact / meeting host.

715 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Prevent users from joining meeting after it has ended

After a meeting has ended, we'd like the ability for hosts to "delete" or "lock" their meetings so participants cannot join the meeting again once it has ended.

488 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Reposition the control bar

allow the user to change the position of the control bar. It is positioned right where screen sharing occurs and you can't see the entire screen share

2,744 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

522 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 2324 2325
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base