Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. multiple admins for breakout rooms

in situations where more than 1 person is managing/admining a meeting the meeting organizer should be able to "promote" participants to meeting admin to manage Breakout Rooms

4,123 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

583 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 45,941 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4854 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. live captions in portuguese brazil

Live caption in Teams both meetings and live events to have Portuguese Brazil available.

8,685 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1708 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Italian subtitles

Hi to all. I use Teams a lot in smart working and I am satisfied with it. But I have a serious problem. I'm deaf so I need Italian subtitles in videochats. Unfortunately Teams provides English subtitles only. Would a beta version with Italian subtitles be feasible? (Microsoft owns Skype which already provides Italian subtitles). Thank you.

4,132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

832 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prepare meeting breakout rooms

As a creator of a meeting I want to prepare my breakout rooms before the meeting gets started. So i already assigned people to rooms before the meeting is going to start.

When the meeting is in progress i Only need to open the rooms.

Next to that you want to send documents directly from the main room to the breakout rooms

1,234 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

156 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change Teams Meeting Organizer

We often have one person booking a meeting or series of meetings (say training classes) that ends up being run by others. Would be nice if the meeting organizer could add another organizer or change the organizer to someone else. Currently only the organizer can take attendance. In our case, the organizer may not even be planning on attending the meeting.

1,049 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

130 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Assign multiple organizers on a Teams meeting

It would be great if Teams could allow us to assign multiple meeting organizers on a meeting because currently only the organizer can change the meeting option and close the meeting and the meeting can only have a single organizer. This is not convenient for our business.

3,785 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

463 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Poor performance on Windows

The system takes a lot of the computer resources and slows down the overall performance of the pc

1,361 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

186 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. Our performance team is working on improving the overall performance of the Windows client. We expect to see performance jumps in the latest version of Electron rolling out (Electron 10).

9. Why did Teams remove the full screen option during Screen Sharing and Meetings?!?

Why did Teams remove the full screen Option during Screen Sharing and Meetings? This was an option before and now it's been replaced by "Focus" which DOES NOT do the same thing. Now ever time someone share their screen with me, I have to squint at what they're showing. The Focus option does nothing. We used to be able to full screen shared screens and see everything at the proper size. It is unprofessional of Microsoft to keep removing and changing useful features without any notice.

1,416 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

216 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow iPad/iOS/Android users to change their background on a Teams call

At the moment iPad/iOS/Android users cannot change their background during a MS Teams call. It would be great if we get that functionality available for all users so we can use theme backgrounds during meetings.

1,868 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

477 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The background replacement feature for iOS is currently being tested internally. We will share an update as soon as one is available.

The feature team is also working on adding background replacement support for Teams calls and meetings on Android. We will share an update as soon as one is available.

For the separate feature ask for Android background blur, please track and upvote https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/40203496.

11. See participants while sharing screen

Currently, participants can see others while the screen is shared. But the presenter cannot. I would like it to be able to see participants while sharing my screen.

3,963 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

528 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Video Recordings automatically upload to Stream Again.

Make Video Recordings automatically upload to Stream Again. It was a VERY BAD decision to change this functionality. Our Teachers were all trained on making video lessons and sharing with Students. Now, they are ready to hang me. CHANGE THIS BACK BEFORE I AM ERASED, ALONG WITH TEAMS!

977 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Assign Custom background to entire Organisation from Teams Admin Portal

Assign Custom background to a entire Organisation from Teams Admin Portal
    This would include the ability to upload a custom Company approved custom Teams meeting background uploaded and optionally set as default background for all users.

1,710 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

219 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make public channel private

It would be nice to convert some of our already established channels to private now the feature is available in the same way it may be desired to de-classify a private channel to public at some point too.

Currently a channel privacy can only be set during creation.

7,719 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

839 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The team has reviewed this request and has added it to our backlog for both Standard (Public) to Private and Private to Standard (Public) channel conversion. We will share an update as soon as it’s available.

15. Virtual background support for Linux

Please add support for using a virtual background on Linux.

Suggested initial level of support:
    * Support using a green/blue screen to determine where to replace the background (i.e., simple overlay).
    * Support using a user provided PNG or JPEG image for the virtual background.

Future level of support:
    * Support blur or replace of the background without needing a green/blue screen (this would understandably require either a GPU for acceleration or a very high performance CPU).
    * Support using a MPEG or OGG video for the virtual background.

Using V4L2 hardware acceleration (when available) would be preferred to doing…

716 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams meeting lobby - allow "selected people" to bypass lobby

With the new "Only me" option for bypassing the lobby, this puts huge onus on organisers who might not normally expect to attend a meeting but where the meeting has a requirement to hold particpants int eh lobby.

For example ...

Person A sets up a MS Teams meeting that we will use to teach a random group of students about a topic. Person A sets the lobby to "only me" and invites person B as a "presenter". They also invite 100 random students.

On the delivery day Person A arrives and admits person B from the lobby shortly before…

805 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

109 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. rearrange video pane/window in Teams

ability to rearrange the speaker & participants videos in the window. you should be able to move the video pane to the top of the screen

766 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

102 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow multiple video/camera feeds at same time in Live events

With everyone moving to remote these days, it's important for our executive team to provide the same sort of all-staff meeting experience. We currently use 3rd-party tools and want to use Teams, but the Q&A is a cumbersome experience AND our executive cannot each individually show their camera at the same time live as they are answering the questions that come in through the Q&A.

This seems like a gimme sort of feature, but I can't find it anywhere.

2,456 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

158 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Toggle video camera mirroring on or off for Teams calls

ISSUE: Video feed is always mirrored during a Teams call, meaning that written text, such as on a whiteboard, is displayed incorrectly.
    SOLUTION: Provide a toggle option to not mirror the camera when in a video call.

3,737 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

885 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your continued feedback. The team is reviewing how best to address this issue and make this more user-friendly. Note: Your meeting attendees receive a non-mirrored video including the image of you and any text, whiteboards, etc. The image and video in your Call Monitor screen is shown to you only, as if you were looking in a mirror.

20. Pop out video for DHH student's ASL Interpreter

Our deaf and hard of hearing students can not see their interpreter well once the teacher uses screen share/presents because the video of the interpreter shrinks too small. Please have an option to select and pop out a participant. This is the sole reason our district is allowing the DHH team to use Zoom instead. However we have DHH students in non-DHH classes with hearing students and that teacher is required to use Teams for synchronous learning. Please add this accessibility for our DHH students so they can join ALL classrooms.

529 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 3424 3425
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base