Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. multiple admins for breakout rooms

in situations where more than 1 person is managing/admining a meeting the meeting organizer should be able to "promote" participants to meeting admin to manage Breakout Rooms

4,852 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

614 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to announce that capability to allow specific presenters to manage breakout rooms is now available to users who have opted into Public Preview.

To see feature details, please visit https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-public-preview/now-in-public-preview-presenter-support-in-breakout-rooms/m-p/2774821.

For details on switching to the Microsoft Teams Public Preview version, please see : https://aka.ms/TeamsPublicPreview.

We look forward to your preview feedback!

2. live captions in portuguese brazil

Live caption in Teams both meetings and live events to have Portuguese Brazil available.

8,734 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1713 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Italian subtitles

Hi to all. I use Teams a lot in smart working and I am satisfied with it. But I have a serious problem. I'm deaf so I need Italian subtitles in videochats. Unfortunately Teams provides English subtitles only. Would a beta version with Italian subtitles be feasible? (Microsoft owns Skype which already provides Italian subtitles). Thank you.

4,161 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

838 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change Teams Meeting Organizer

We often have one person booking a meeting or series of meetings (say training classes) that ends up being run by others. Would be nice if the meeting organizer could add another organizer or change the organizer to someone else. Currently only the organizer can take attendance. In our case, the organizer may not even be planning on attending the meeting.

1,958 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

243 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prepare meeting breakout rooms

As a creator of a meeting I want to prepare my breakout rooms before the meeting gets started. So i already assigned people to rooms before the meeting is going to start.

When the meeting is in progress i Only need to open the rooms.

Next to that you want to send documents directly from the main room to the breakout rooms

1,502 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

166 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to announce that capability for the meeting organizer to perform breakout room configurations and participant assignments prior to the start of the meeting is now available to users who have opted into Public Preview.

To see feature details, please visit https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-public-preview/now-in-public-preview-pre-meeting-room-creation-and-participant/m-p/2775307.

For details on switching to the Microsoft Teams Public Preview version, please see : https://aka.ms/TeamsPublicPreview.

We look forward to your preview feedback!

6. Add live captions in south Slavic languages

Live caption in Teams meetings to have south Slavic languages available such as Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian etc.

513 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Assign multiple organizers on a Teams meeting

It would be great if Teams could allow us to assign multiple meeting organizers on a meeting because currently only the organizer can change the meeting option and close the meeting and the meeting can only have a single organizer. This is not convenient for our business.

4,441 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

529 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Teams Compatible with the Apple M1 Processor

II can download the app, but can’t launch it. There is not an option to run the app in Rosetta mode.

699 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

225 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Poor performance on Windows

The system takes a lot of the computer resources and slows down the overall performance of the pc

1,590 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

208 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to share that Electron 10 is rolling out to the public ring now, so you should notice improvements. We expect overall performance of Teams to improve even further with upcoming fixes around the calling and meeting features We will share another update as soon as we are able to.

10. Virtual background support for Linux

Please add support for using a virtual background on Linux.

Suggested initial level of support:
    * Support using a green/blue screen to determine where to replace the background (i.e., simple overlay).
    * Support using a user provided PNG or JPEG image for the virtual background.

Future level of support:
    * Support blur or replace of the background without needing a green/blue screen (this would understandably require either a GPU for acceleration or a very high performance CPU).
    * Support using a MPEG or OGG video for the virtual background.

Using V4L2 hardware acceleration (when available) would be preferred to doing…

1,485 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add the full screen option during Screen Sharing and Meetings

Why did Teams remove the full screen Option during Screen Sharing and Meetings? This was an option before and now it's been replaced by "Focus" which DOES NOT do the same thing. Now ever time someone share their screen with me, I have to squint at what they're showing. The Focus option does nothing. We used to be able to full screen shared screens and see everything at the proper size. It is unprofessional of Microsoft to keep removing and changing useful features without any notice.

1,727 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

245 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. See participants while sharing screen

Currently, participants can see others while the screen is shared. But the presenter cannot. I would like it to be able to see participants while sharing my screen.

4,687 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

583 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When making a PSTN call from Teams for browser or teams for VDI, PSTN Ring back tone/Early Media is not played.

When making a PSTN call from Teams for browser or teams for VDI(Web RTC), PSTN Ring back tone/Early Media is not played.

User can hear the ring back tone of teams, but user cannot hear the PSTN Ring back tone or Early Media.
    also as, user can hear PSTN Ring Back tone or Early Media when user use Teams for desktop client or Mobile Apps(iOS/Android).

467 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Microsoft Teams: New Calling Experiences

Simplify the calling experience with a streamlined view that shows contacts, voicemail and calling history together, making it easier to initiate or return a call with a single click.

This new view is not at all convenient and we just want back the older view which shows Speed dial and history separately. Please consider this and change the view accordingly or atleast provide a way to switch between the different views.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable second video to support ASL interpretation in MS Live

I am having an accessibility issue with MS Live that results in employees who are deaf and communicate with sign language NOT being able to participate in any MS Live events because the product currently doesn’t support sign language (ASL/LSF) interpretation. For instance, only one person can be on video at a time, so when there is a presenter/speaker on video there is no option to also have a sign language interpreter on video to provide translation. My organization uses MS Teams products exclusively right now, and we hold MS Live events regularly for town halls, award ceremonies and guest…

155 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Assign Custom background to entire Organisation from Teams Admin Portal

Assign Custom background to a entire Organisation from Teams Admin Portal
    This would include the ability to upload a custom Company approved custom Teams meeting background uploaded and optionally set as default background for all users.

1,977 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

247 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make public channel private

It would be nice to convert some of our already established channels to private now the feature is available in the same way it may be desired to de-classify a private channel to public at some point too.

Currently a channel privacy can only be set during creation.

8,568 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

913 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The team has reviewed this request and has added it to our backlog for both Standard (Public) to Private and Private to Standard (Public) channel conversion. We will share an update as soon as it’s available.

18. Make Video Recordings automatically upload to Stream Again.

Make Video Recordings automatically upload to Stream Again. It was a VERY BAD decision to change this functionality. Our Teachers were all trained on making video lessons and sharing with Students. Now, they are ready to hang me. CHANGE THIS BACK BEFORE I AM ERASED, ALONG WITH TEAMS!

1,012 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Go back to the Teams Calls screen layout displaying the speed dial tiles and not call history

Revert back to the Teams Calls screen layout displaying the speed dial tiles and not the call history

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams meeting lobby - allow "selected people" to bypass lobby

With the new "Only me" option for bypassing the lobby, this puts huge onus on organisers who might not normally expect to attend a meeting but where the meeting has a requirement to hold particpants int eh lobby.

For example ...

Person A sets up a MS Teams meeting that we will use to teach a random group of students about a topic. Person A sets the lobby to "only me" and invites person B as a "presenter". They also invite 100 random students.

On the delivery day Person A arrives and admits person B from the lobby shortly before…

852 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 3784 3785
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base