Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!
5 — PARTICIPATE in user testing (sign up here: https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif8pDcOcx2pW45I87w)

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let me and the team owner delete messages.

One user asked:
    If I wrote the message, I should be allowed to delete it, regardless of a time limit (right now we're only allowed 24 hours to delete our own message). There should be no limit.

Another user asked:
    The team owner should have moderating access to their own teams. In its most basic form, team owners should be able to delete messages posted by other members.

It is a basic functionality that other popular services like Slack allow. It also helps keep a team's conversation clean.

For example, a new member of our team is still getting familiar…

389 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

41 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Video and Screensharing Bug

When initiating a video call, I receive an error message which states video and screensharing will not work for me and that I should check my video drivers. I have the latest version of Microsoft Teams (v1.0.00.15151, 64-bit) and my webcam works for other video call and screensharing services, so I'm confident my video drivers are up-to-date. Some users I work with do not have this same problem, but I am aware that others are experiencing the same issue I am. I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Latitude E6540 laptop.

81 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Complete Skype for Business Integration into Teams

Honestly, this is a tall order due to the fact that Teams was not launched this way in the first place, but my real world experience, and feedback from the field, is that having Skype-for-Business-like functions in Teams (chat/Presence/etc) be separate from Skype for Business itself is not only confusing for many users, but inhibits adoption. Users want to consolidate the number of apps they use, not increase it. I personally find this to be true.

Teams is an incredible tool with so much potential, but living and breathing in Skype for Business, like so many of us do, Teams…

2,120 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Joining a Team

CHANGE PROMPT:
          Change "Add team" to "Add or join a team": I avoided this button because I thought it would always create a new team. It wasn’t evident to me that I could browse for existing teams there too.

PREVIEW A TEAM:
          Provide the ability to preview a Team without immediately joining, to see what the reason for the Team is and what Channels exist. It’s a little cumbersome to have to join, realize the Team isn’t what you thought it was, and leave.

TEAMS DISCOVERABILITY
          Presently you have to know the name of a team to be able to…

697 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. You submitted this just six weeks ago and brought it to our attention, and we’re happy to report its now complete!

However, we have some follow up questions for you though:

1 — We want to improve how people first join Teams. Would you be interested in sharing your experience? Please add to the thread below exactly what your experience was when you first joined Teams and wanted to get started. Where you went, what your instincts were, what you were trying to achieve, etc.

2 — Would you want to talk to one of our researchers to share your thoughts? If so, sign up here and note “Join a Team” as your research interest. https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif8pDcOcx2pW45I87w

Thanks again for your engagement — you are helping us make Teams better and better!

Sincerely,
            Suphatra

• Teams for Education

Can we get a parents' app to see when their child's teacher creates an assignment next please?

23 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • MacOS shortcuts and keyboard interactions

Please make MacOS default interactions (keyboard shortcuts/nav, menus, prefs, notifications). Other Office 365 apps are more native than this.

--

Request that text navigation shortcuts follow the system standard:
              cmd+left arrow – jumps cursor to beginning of text
              cmd+right arrow – jumps cursor to end of text
              option + left arrow – jumps cursor left one word
              option + right arrow – jumps cursor right one word

---

One of the issues with this is that the native notifications from other apps cover up the Team ones when both are active. If it was a native app, these notifications would…

526 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  59 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Calendar Tab

Would love to have a Calendar tab to allow those in the same team to view each other's availability and whereabouts. Would make it a lot easier to create appointments/meetings.

294 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Sound Problems

VOLUME:

The sound is too low!! Most people don't think it's even on. Let us customize the sound level, please.

CUSTOMIZE SOUNDS:

Right now sounds are all or nothing. This is not good. For example, you may want to have sound for Calls but not for chat or messages. There is a difference when you need to hear that someone is calling you – versus getting the constant bing/bing/bing on message chat.
                  In addition – on commercial skype you could actually set sound notification channel or chat by channel or chat. Some things you want the bing – others it…

206 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Timestamps for really EVERYTHING

Please reopen the original "Timestamps for EVERYTHING"
                    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17691118-timestamps-for-everything

You have ignored request from the second paragraph
                    "Also team meetings should have this too", meaning timestamp, not just date.

147 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone — can you add more details as to exactly what you want for the time stamp on meetings? Do you mean that you want to know when someone created the meeting, and when other people accepted the meeting invite? Where would you want that information to populate — or where do you expect that it would?

Thanks for the info, and your patience while we review this!

Sincerely,
                      Suphatra

• Link to Existing SharePoint Sites

Trying to link my Team up to an existing SharePoint site - only seem to be able to link to individual folders rather than the whole document library, meaning that if i want all folders on the Team i need to create multiple tabs to get this. Would be good to link to a whole document library rather than one folder.

51 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Unread message count on Chat, Teams, channels

Right now there is a unread message count badge on the Activity tab icon (I guess you only get that if you have followed any channels?). However I would much rather prefer if the badge was on the Chat and Teams tab icons so I can see where there is activity. Currently collapsed teams are also indicated having activity. Expanded teams should have the same indication.

Furthermore, the unread activity badge on both the Activity and the application icon count unread channels. I would prefer a message count.

462 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks everyone for the messages and tweets in response to my last message. I think my brain is still jet lagged from hosting Teams events in Australia and I got confused on our own pill count structure!

I’m hearing a lot of different suggestions about what you’d like to see, and it’s a bit difficult to understand them verbally. If you are feeling artistic, can you send a sketch of exactly where you’d like to see numbers? I’ve already gotten a couple and they are EXTREMELY helpful. If I could get a whole bunch, I could send it over to the notifications team. (Just email it to me at sparavi@microsoft.com or tweet at @skprufo).

THANK YOU for being awesome, helpful, and engaged in this product. We appreciate your support, and helping us make Teams better!

Sincerely,
                          Suphatra

• Incorrect status in teams

We have noticed that our Teams statuses are consistently incorrect. Even when some team members are active in Teams they are shown as "away" or "offline". For example, although I can see that my status is "active", my colleagues see my status as "offline".

Can you please fix this bug?

19 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to the folks who have confirmed this is still happening. Can you please send reproduction steps and your logs directly to Niraj — he’s the engineering manager who’s team is fixing this for you. His email is: Niraj.Khanchandani@microsoft.com.

HOW TO GET YOUR USER LOGS:

Copy paste the following into your Windows run bar:
                            appdata\Microsoft\teams\logs.txt

Windows run bar:

2. It will open the text file

3. Save this file and email it to Niraj.Khanchandani@microsoft.com

Thank you again! We’re hoping to have this resolved for you ASAP!

Suphatra

• don's switch to "away", just because I'm using a different application (i'm still at work!)

The availability status should indicate whether or not someone is available, which means they are available to chat.

So it does not make sense to switch my status to away, just because I'm answering email or do something else on my computer.

523 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Display 'user is typing' indication also in Teams area

While there's an indication of the user that's actively typing in the Chat area, I'd like to have this in the Teams area as well

427 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! Many of you had emailed me when we rolled out “show user actively typing” in the chat area, that you’d like this in the channels area too. I’ve merged the tickets together to help you build support for this idea, and I’ve also sent it into engineering for a review.

Keep submitting your thoughts on this item and encouraging others to vote. Its a great idea.

Suphatra
                                Microsoft Teams

• Show unread number for group chats

I don't understand why notifications/alerts for teams are handled differently than chat. There is no persistent number shown on the teams icon to show that you have new "messages". This should be on channels which should roll up to Teams which should roll up to the teams icon is you are in the chat section. Our whole company is slowly abandoning Teams and only using chat because all of the messages are missed unless you go specifically look. seems like such a simple thing?? what am i missing? The teams section could be really powerfull with this simple change or…

102 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Add ability to create/modify teams with PowerShell

The lack of any options for creating/modifying teams with PowerShell makes it much harder to support.

In my company, users will not be able to create teams themselves due to business requirements but will need to submit a request for a team to be created. As Office 365 administrators, we would rather use a PowerShell script to automate this than do it manually in the GUI.

The same is true for updating existing teams - our options are very limited when it comes to modifying an existing team that we are not an owner of. With other Office 365 services,…

19 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • OneNote is broken on Teams

Late last week, OneNote on Teams stopped working whether you are using the desktop application or the web based. Creating a new OneNote tab on Teams, it still does not work as well. All we get for a message is:

"We can't access this notebook.

You might not have permissions to view it, but your IT Admin show be able to help you."

Previously, OneNote had been working. If OneNote is accessed directly with OneNote application, it will work fine.

This appears to be a bug on Teams as others are reporting the same issues as well. Could this be…

9 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Keep Excel formatting when pasted into Teams

Our engineers need an easy way to paste columns and rows into a chat that keeps source formatting. Instead of creating a non-editable photo, If there could be the graphs that were there first it would help with our companies efficiency.

9 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Help us SEARCH and FIND things in Teams

We want improvements to search:

CTRL+F SHORTCUT
                                        I wanto to find messages inside a chat or channel with CTRL+F.
                                        It’ll allow me to quick search messages in a specific conversation.

PARITY TO SKYPE SEARCH
                                        Like in Skype chat, we need to be able to search text strings from conversations

IMPROVE SEARCH RESULTS VIEW
                                        I feel as though the conversation view looks a bit cluttered as is, and conversation threads are not as readily identifiable as I had hoped they would be. Some suggestions are: Add the ability to include a Topic Header for a conversation so that you can easily…

267 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Mute or leave a group chat

Have a possibility to mute a group chat, so no sound or mobile notification should be received fora user that chooses to mute some group chat. Also let me be able to leave it completely if I want to.

856 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 169 170
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base