Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include notifications based on keywords.

We need to get notifications based on keywords. For example: I am a subject matter expert for SAP and I like to know when SAP is typed into a channel so I can offer assistance.

757 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

73 comments  ·  Activity and Feeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove the Activity feed

The Activity feed seems redundant and unnecessary, leading to confusion. Instead, just show an icon on the tab that there is activity on, and give a clear path of icons showing where the notification is.

538 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

125 comments  ·  Activity and Feeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mark all as Read

I constantly have notification warnings for teams I am in but rarely interact with. I can't get these notifications to go away unless I click each message and team window so that they are marked as read.

There needs to be a "Mark all as read" button some where.

321 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Activity and Feeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make filter persistent. When I set a filter for Activity and then click on teams

Make filter persistent. When I set a filter for Activity and then click on Teams or Chat and then go back to Activity my filter has been removed. Make this persistent so I don't have to keep resetting the filter.

235 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Activity and Feeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow notifications to be disabled for Thumbs-up reactions

It's annoying to have Teams flashing away telling you there's something new to look at when it's just someone clicking Thumbs-up on a comment. There should be an option to disable those notifications while leaving notifications for actual messages.

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Activity and Feeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove private chat reactions from the activity feed

The activity feed does not show private chat messages but it does show private chat reactions. This is very confusing. Either the activity feed should show both private messages and private reactions or neither.

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Activity and Feeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Activity feed for ALL Teams activity

Right now the Activity tab only shows conversation activity. This tab should show ALL activity across ALL Teams activity: Files, Planner, Wiki, etc.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Activity and Feeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automatically clear activity when the activity is viewed without requiring switching to the activity page

I get a pop up notification of a new message in a channel.
    I alt-tab to teams. I'm already in the channel, so I see the new message.
    Why does 'Activity' still have a number telling me I haven't seen this new message? Don't make me switch to the activity page to clear the indicator. Clear the indicator automatically when Teams gains focus with the channel that has new activity already selected.

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Activity and Feeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Activity Feed

Activity Feed - Only most recent (latest 2 weeks?) displayed in the activity feed.

I have noticed that in the Activity section you can only see the most recent information (something like the latest 2 weeks, I don't actually know the exact timeframe) if you filter by "Feed" or by "My Activity".

Nonetheless, if you filter by "Team Activity", you can see all the messages shared by the teams from the very creation of the Team. I think this is a good point that should be also applicable to Feed and My Activity in order to make easier to search…

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Activity and Feeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Delete things of your feed

When your on feed there is loads of things on there. If you could delete stuff and keep it uncluttered, like outlook.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Activity and Feeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Deleted conversation entries are still shown under Activity

My college replied to a team conversation which mentioned me in the text and deleted the reply again shortly after.

When I opened MS teams later I got a notification under Activity. Clicking this activity opened the according conversation but of course marked nothing.

--> Very confusing, as I had to talk to my college to figure out, that she deleted the reply and the Activity notification is just not deleted accordingly.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Activity and Feeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix name in activity feed

The activity feed in the mobile and desktop apps doesn't display users' names correctly when using the '<last name>, <first name>' display name format in Active Directory / Azure AD. The apps seem to assume the first name is the first part of the display name up to the space, which it isn't.

In other areas of the apps, the first name and last name attributes are used as expected.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Activity and Feeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Retain Unread Activity badge

For the Activity badge, keep it active as long as there are unread activities. Right now, when you click on the Activity tab, the highlight and badge immediately goes away.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Activity and Feeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Exclude missed calls from Activity feed

It would be nice to exclude missed calls from the Activity feed. I get a ton of cold calls that I don't pick up and they flood my activity feed, making it harder to see the important stuff.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity and Feeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Additional Activity Feed Filters

The Activity Feed filters do not allow you to filter by "Important" or "Saved". The other things you can flag posts as can be filtered by, but not those 2 items currently.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Activity and Feeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. team activity list based on highest level of activity

Sort the "Team Activity" not based on every single thing happening, but categorize by likes/replies, etc. Similar to Facebook

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Activity and Feeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show conversation subject in Activity Feed

Currently, the activity feed only shows Team name > Channel name.

Adding the conversation subject (truncated if needed) would help skimming through the activity feed quicker: Team name > Channel name > Subject

Same for the Activity tab on a person's one-on-one chat.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Announcements or Activity Feeds Emailed at Defined Interval

TLDR - Ability to receive MSTeam Team channel announcements or conversations in email at some user-defined interval.

At my organization, there are many teams, resulting in many conversations and announcements. Sometimes notification settings are not setup appropriately for team channels, or I just don't have time to look right away and lose track of conversations or announcements.

I recall at a previous employer that I could receive summarized feeds on an interval of my choosing. This was done through SharePoint.

With organizations making announcements or having conversations in n-number of channels, it's really hard to keep up and feels like…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide a method to clear @mentions as there is no way to find old mentions and then your stuck with a perminant @ symbol

Provide a method to clear @mentions as there is no way to find old mentions and then your stuck with a permanent @ symbol

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Save or Favorite Posts within Channels from the Activity Feed

My team members are often posting important information in several different teams and channels everyday that I would like to be able to quickly find later.
    In addition to improving search functionality, I think it would be useful to "star" or favorite a post from the Activity Feed that you expect to be important. The "starred" post would then be listed for easy reference later.

At the moment the only option for qucik reference to a post is by marking as unread which become changes to read when the post is accessed or coping and pasting important post to a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base