Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly. This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

36,356 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3093 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The engineering team is continuing to work on adding support for multiple accounts on desktop clients. We will first launch support for 1 work/school account and 1 personal account so users can enjoy Teams for work and personal side-by-side. Windows and MacOS. Support for multiple work accounts is still being worked on and will come at a later date.

You can track status via the roadmap here: https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/roadmap?searchterms=68845.

Thanks!

2. Expired password login loop

When I change my expired password in AD, and thus Office 365, Teams Desktop app asks me to login again. The app closes, re-opens and I get the same message. Loop. Cannot get to settings through normal method. Had to use the system tray icon to access settings to log out.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The organiser can set up a co-organiser who can also produce an attendance list and change details of the meeting if required.

The organiser of a meeting may be ill or unavailable when a meeting has been set up. It would be useful if a co-organiser could be added by the organiser of the meeting who can produce an attendance list, add or remove participants attending the meeting, change time of meeting, etc.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams app should support multiple accounts logon

Teams app should support multiple accounts logon .

Many customers create an external email id and account for external consultants working for their company .

It becomes very difficult to find customer counterparts via teams due to their internal security policy.

It will be very easy in Teams app allow to sign in with multiple accounts so that external account can be used to chat with customer counterparts.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto sign-in MS Teams disable with centralized policy

I have been informed that the only way to disable the option of Auto start is from a user Teams setting option which is by design. which is why it is only operated user vise. However with our Terminal server environments having the auto start ability disabled would be a great help on server resources. Either being a tenancy setting for this, or a powershell script for tenant wide is a good idea. Hope this is a possibility as it would be a real win for our Microsoft client base, which is over 30 businesses in the UK, all using…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. MS team log on by both mobile phone and PC notebook at sametime

due to some of the locations the wifi signal are not very stable.
    I would like to propose to let the same user log on both PC Notebook his a/c and also the mobile phone at the sametimes.
    PC Note book - wifi signal used for file sharing and presentation
    Mobile phone - 4G signal for better voice communication.
    need also the mobile allow the control of both speaker and mic separately. because the user has the choice to choose the speaker in PC, but the mic in mobile phone or use both mic and speaker in various devices. thanks

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please add support for multiple accounts on same Teams Desktop version

Please add support for switching to multiple accounts on same Teams Desktop version. Everyone I know in my industry really wants this.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Disable Add Personal account option

As an organisation we would like to disable the option for users being able to sign into additional Teams accounts.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Is there a way to delegate permissions to view/respond to chats in Teams on behalf of someone - like Outlook?

I find that if leaders are engaged in a chat and files are being shared/worked on - that would normally have been done in Outlook where permissions/access is set up - is there such a function in Teams chats?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Simultaneously logged-in to multiple tenants

Today we have the ability to switch tenants under the same user ID. Service providers (like consultants, IT services, creative agencies, accountants, ...) often act very integrated with their client teams.

To allow Teams to be used in these collaborative workflows, we need simultaneous access to multiple tenants - without manual switching.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Gif / Animated teams avatars

It would be nice to be able to use a gif / animation as your user profile pic / avatar

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Should be able to utilize multiple account for Teams, just like you can add different email address accounts in Outlook.

Should be able to utilize multiple account for Teams, just like you can add different email address accounts in Outlook. Contractors especially are often going back and forth in different accounts. Make the desktop version more like the phone app version, where you can seamlessly jump into a different account. Right now I have to have an incognito window open to see my other Teams accounts.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. [Android] Allow app links during sign-in process or use chrome custom tabs

To increase security it would be better that the Teams app would use Chrome custom tabs during the sign-in process. From a security point of view this is even recommended when you browse outside your domain - which is the case for federated authentication of course.

https://developer.chrome.com/docs/android/custom-tabs/overview/

Switching to custom-tabs would solve the problem we are currently experiencing with Android WebView.
    We have an "Android App Link" or "Apple Universal link" on our sign-in page. It should open our strong authentication solution using nextauth.com technology. This works great on all platforms, except the embedded WebView used by the Android Teams…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Multi Account support in Teams

There should be an option in Microsoft Teams for users to sign into two accounts at once. I have a school account and an account for school projects and whenever I have to view that one, I have to log in and log out again and again which takes time.
    The web application of teams does not allow us to share system audio so whenever I have meetings, I have to do this process which becomes very tiring.

I hope you are working to resolve this issue.
    Thanks in Advance

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Error when assigning Teams Service Admin via group in Azure AD

When we assign Teams service admin role to a group in Azure AD (preview feature), users in this group become available to sign-in to Teams Admin Center, but cannot access to app permission as expected.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Multiple Tenant Sign Ins

It would be extemely beneficial to be able to log in to multiple tenant logins and switch the teams profile based on the account you choose. Similar to other Microsoft account features such as outlook, mobile apps, etc.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. QR code reader for mobile login

The logged in Desktop app should have a QR code reader, so that its easy for mobile login

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adding multiple accounts

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    複数アカウント追加機能の実装要望
    Adding multiple accounts

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams には、複数アカウントにサインインし、同時に閲覧できる機能がない。
    複数アカウントでサインインした状態で、ゲストユーザーのテナント切り替え機能のように、複数アカウントでサインインし、テナントを切り替え閲覧可能となる機能実装を要望します。

Currently, it is not possible to sign in and view several accounts at once in Teams.
    Please make it possible to sign in to multiple accounts and switch tenants, so that we can sign in to several accounts and switch to a guest user tenant.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Delete chat Option

Delete chat Option

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base