Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SharePoint list search from a tab

When you add a SharePoint list as a tab, there is no way to search the list. Makes long lists unusable. I have many SharePoint lists that I could add a tabs for my users, but lack of a search feature is keeping me from being able to do this.

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Default switched on versioning on Microsoft Lists in Microsoft Teams

I suggest that versioning should be switched on by default for Lists as most end users don't know the SharePoint back end and won't think of switching it on.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SharePoint List Editing Capabilities

It would be nice to add a list from a SharePoint site to a Channel in Teams. That way we wouldn't have to leave Teams to go edit a list.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Save Teams SharePoint-list as template functionality

Hi,
    In ordinary SharePoint sites it is possible to save a list as template (with content) and upload it to another SharePoint site. I have created a list on a Teams SharePoint-site with quite a bit of information, and would like to save it as a template to upload it to a different SharePoint site. This functionality is not possible from the Teams SharePoint site, as the functionality is not visible as an option on Site settings. Is this because I only have a lower level of access to the SharePoint site connected to a Teams, compared to regular SharePoint…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. sharepoint list - default view

It would be nice if a sharepoint list in a tab in Teams would open up with the default view instead of All Items

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow links to be longer than 255 characters in Lists

When adding a link to an lists entry, it cannot be longer than 255 characters. Which means that OneNote links cannot be added as they are (often) longer.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams app usage report

want to get the app usage details of active users and teams in Teams app usage report. not just the number

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow personal lists

The new lists app is great but i'd like to be able to have personal lists as well, perhaps as an item on the left hand side alongside calendar etc.

I'd like to be able to use the lists feature to maintain my own todo lists that are separate from a channels or teams lists

As an extension of this, the personal lists view could also provide easy access to lists in channels that you are a member of?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SharePoint list alerts sent via Teams Chat

I would like the option when setting an Alert on a SharePoint List or Document Library to have the Alert come via Microsoft Teams Chat rather than via Email alert.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Access to on-demand flows in sharepoint list when accessing within teams

When you create a flow in a SharePoint list which can be run on demand per item in the list and you add this sharepoint list as a tab in a Microsoft Teams channel, the option to run flows does not exist and thus you have to access the page via the browser to access this feature. It would be very helpful if this can be accessed in teams instead.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Would like the ability to import data to an existing SharePoint List

There is a feature to import data to a new SharePoint List. Would like to expand this to allow the import of new data to an existing SharePoint List.

I found a 3rd part add-in for this functionality, but our company does not allow that.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. List item sub tasks

Please add the ability to create sub items for items in a list. This would assist greatly with with larger projects as well as list organization.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix SharePoint List Quick Edit Error

I love the fact that we can add a SharePoint list as a tab in Teams. Unfortunately, a Quick Edit view always freezes and will not let users exit it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "Adaptive Cards" should have HTML formatting to become aligned with Sharepoint Lists

"Adaptive Cards" should have HTML formatting to become aligned with SharePoint lists.
    SharePoint Lists allow for rich text formatting, but when presenting this in an Adaptive Card in TEAMS this is not possible.
    Even worse modifying rich text using an adaptive card is not possible at all.
    Allowing to pass all formatting from SharePoint List, would be great and allow for cool cards

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. sharepoint

The ability to start a conversation around a specific SharePoint list item.

Similarly to how you can discuss VSTS items.

E.g A user submits a request to a SharePoint list. I can dd that list item and then discuss that with other team members.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. sharepoint connector

Create a connector for SharePoint so that it can post into a channel when activity in a SharePoint list or library occurs (e.g. a new item is created or modified). For list items that are modified, it should indicate which column was modified. Currently, something similar can be achieved using Flow, but for most Team owners, creating a flow is too technical.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Is there any chance that you could add a "Checklist" (similar to that used in Planner) as a column option in Lists?

Hi, the Lists App is awesome. To make it more awesome, is there any chance you could add "Checklist" as a column option, so that for any particular item in the list, a checklist can be built.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Set a reminder on a Project

I use this for project tracking. It would be great to have the ability to right-click on a project and set an alert with day and time or link it to the task activity in outlook.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve the embedding of Sharepoint Lists

When adding a Sharepoint List to a Tab in a Team, it puts the entire sharepoint site in a frame. It's visually akward and exposes functionality you may not want the team members to see or be distracted by. Just embed the list itself.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. SharePoint list doesn't show MFA

I'm experiencing an issue where I cannot see a content of a SharePoint list that is added as a tab to one of my channels in MS Teams. It just shows up empty. I've started seeing this issue after my account has been enabled for MFA (in Azure AD).

I can access the list directly through SharePoint just fine.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base