Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reorder Pictures

Hello. would it be possible to reorder the pictures and even enlarge my own when on teams calls?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mic device auto volume level adjustment

Zoom and other meeting applications have automatic mic volume leveling to help with hearing the users. Please add microphone auto adjustment to Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams Desk Phones CAP needs Provisioning Portal

does anyone know if there are plans to migrate this SfB CAP Provisioning Portal across to Teams? Tenant Admin Common Area Phone Provisioning Portal https://aka.ms/skypecap ? This is still required so we dont need to physically visit every phone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow adjust settings for camera device

Would love to see the ability to adjust camera settings, such as zoom in or out or filter as available on Google Meet and Zoom.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A lock on video and audio so if I go to bathroom on a conference call... I don’t accidentally go off mute or worse, on video

A lock on video and audio so if I go to bathroom on a conference call... I don’t accidentally go off mute or worse, on video

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow camera to run in the background/ split-screen mode in iOS app.

I would really appreciate it if you could allow the camera to run in the background, in split-screen mode or even while screen-sharing as these are some of my university’s requirements for online exams and I cannot fulfill them at the moment. As my iPad is my main device, it would be a little inconvenient and disadvantaging for me to switch from it to my old laptop for the exams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. New program - GPU's "Certified for Teams"?

With one of the most common threads being that Teams is a resource hog (which it is) the utilization of the GPU seems slim. Or maybe not optimized. Has Microsoft considered a program where GPU's can be reviewed (just as with "certified" audio devices) and certified? I realize there are many more variants of GPU's that certified headsets, but not every GPU needs consideration. The common business-class and consumer grade GPU's would be more than enough. Ask any gamer or Xbox developer how critical it is that the GPU be at least capable of optimization for what ever purpose it's…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Rotating webcam

With webcams that may have to flip in order to fit right on top of the monitor, other applications, like Zoom, allow the ability to rotate the camera. We need this for Teams!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Playing videos - the sound for you tube videos is not able to be heard

When playing a video for instruction - I toggle the button of share sound when I am sharing screen and my students still cannot hear the video playing. Multiple colleagues are experiencing this also. Is there something we can do to solve this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hear your own voice when using headsetes

When using headsets, your own voice cannot be heard in the mix of other voices. Please add an option so you can dial in your own voice's volume. It would make it sound more natural.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve the functionality of camera control within Teams.

Skype has the ability to zoom, tilt, adjust filters etc. Teams does not. It is important to have this ability, especially during these work from home times.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Manual Updating of Communication Prefersences if Working from Home.M.

Currently the Teams Facility only allow connection for Business Purposes via Remote Access. Allow people who work from home to amend Manually their Audio and Video settings to allow them to use their own or Microsoft Audio and Video devices whilst working from home for their Company.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow Manual Updating of Communication Prefersences if Working from Home.M.

Currently the Teams Facility only allow connection for Business Purposes via Remote Access. Allow people who work from home to amend Manually their Audio and Video settings to allow them to use their own or Microsoft Audio and Video devices whilst working from home for their Company.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have Teams use Alexa

To allow Microsoft Teams to use Alexa Devices.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Blur Background And Change Background On Phone

I would like to see a blur background for people in the meeting and change background! On Phone Please Can you do this as fast as possible

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Full support for Sony WH-1000XM4

Full support for Sony WH-1000XM3 / WH-1000XM4 headphones in microsoft teams calls.
    These are some of the most popular headphones on the market, support should be offered.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add the ability to change the device for audio

Sometimes a headset stops working. Need to be able to use a different device or call in a specific way. Defaults to headset but should let you use your cell phone or hard phone.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unable to mute myself while presenting without changing the windows

While presenting our screen, we should be able to mute ourselves when required without changing the window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base