Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. take a photo

Basic chat functionality.
    Add a picture/take a photo or screenshot (ideally with clipping stage)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manage cameras and microphones of students in Teams Education

As a teacher I would like to be able to switch on and off the cameras and microphones of my students. Zoom as this possibility and it really helps to be sure the students will attend the lesson till the end of the lesson.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow users to adjust camera settings without an active call in progress

Allow users to adjust camera settings without an active call in progress.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. during a meeting i hit on camera button to turn on, the camera light goes on but no picture of me shows on screen for me or any other guy in

during a meeting i hit on camera button to turn on, the camera light goes on but no picture of me shows on screen for me or any other guy in

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. HAVE TO USE ZOOM, WEBEX OR GOTOMEETING FOR FULL CAMERA SUPPORT

Zoom, Webex and GoToMeeing all work with camcorders and dslr cameras when using video capture cards (e.g. Elgato and Avermedia) without setting up a virtual camera as with the case with Microsoft Teams. These cameras provide better video quality when leading meetings and Webinars...better than regular Webcams. Now that we are all working from home offices we are less likely to use Microsoft Teams. We currently use Office 365 for business and use non-Microsoft software for meetings.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. camera

For camera meetings a user selected picture as backgrund instead of blur would be good. Company logo, your favorite holiday picture....

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Disable camera autofocus

It would be great if the camera autofocus could be turned off in a video call (sometimes I want to show a paper or whiteboard I work on, and the frequent refocusing is very disturbing for the others in the meeting). On my tablet I can turn autofocus off when just making a video by tapping for 2-3 seconds on a point of the picture (in the built-in app, not Teams), but inside Teams the local menu which allows this option is not available, only Teams' own local menu.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Microsoft teams client for smart TVs (Tizen, webOS, Android TV, etc)

Now that we are all working from home due to COVID-19, I'd like to be able to run the Microsoft Teams app natively on my smart TV (Tizen OS) so I can connect an HD camera to the TV via USB and take video calls from my living room. I want to be able to do this without having to hook up my computer to my TV. At minimum be able to cast to my TV via Chromecast or similar platform.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Voice testing

I'd like to be able to call a service that reflects my voice back at me so that I know it's working.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Set a default green screen background for video calls vs. while making the call

Set a default green screen background for video calls vs. while making the call. This is a great feature - but it would be great if the background could be set as the default up front vs. during/in the call

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sesli konuşmalar için VOX özelliği eklense güzel olabilir.

Telefon konuşmalarında, ya da videokonferans görüşmelerinde konuşma olana kadar arka plandaki konuşmayı göndermemesi için sisteme kullanıcı kontrollü voice aktivasyonlu bir özellik gelmesi iyi olacaktır. Kullanıcı eşik seviyesini kendi belirleyebilir.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bluetooth Headset - Volume Adjustment

I use an Apples AirPods Pro Bluetooth headset with Teams and find that the sound level is hard to control. I experience that the volume level is very high and only when I adjust to a volume setting as low as 1 or 2 it is acceptable for Teams meetings.

Further, setting up the use of Bluetooth headset with Teams seems unnecessary complicated.

Please let me know if there is anything you can do to upgrade the user experience when using a Bluetooth headset.

I run Teams via a HP Elitebook laptop and via the Teams app on an iPhone.

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Participant Icon indicators

Create an indicator in the participants list of a meeting that shows if they are connected and seeing the screen sharing. There is currently a microphone that can show if they are on mute or not, but knowing if someone can see your screen or is connected helps when meeting with outside vendors or knowing who is only dialed in via phone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. not to screen share with handset

if I am talking on an actual device like Yealink or Poly, when the other user is sharing their screen it comes to my device since the device has video capabilities, but I am seating in front of large monitor and logged into teams, why do I need to see the screen sharing on a tiny 8" vs 43".

disable screen sharing on devices or enable the ability to choose what device they want to get the sharing notifications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have control over what webcams appear on screen.

Currently, our group cannot control which webcams appear on screen during a virtual call.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support automated detection of certified UC (MS LYNC) audio and camera devices

If one plugs in a MS Teams certified UC device, either by Bluetooth or USB and USB dongle, please support the automated switching to that device. Also like in Teams, display that a "Certified device" is being use, e.g Jabra, Plantronics etc..
    The detection should not require a restart, also in the settings dialog, we should see a list of devices that were pluged in, so preference can be givien, that way then one does plug in or pair the device while launching a call we don't have to restart teams,

This feature should support both MS Lync devices and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. surface headphones

I just purchased the Surface Headphones and unfortunately, the touch pad functionality does not work well with Microsoft Teams. I don't want to switch to a "compatibility approved" Jabra product, since the comfort and features on Surface Headphones are great. Is there a timeline on when Microsoft Teams will be fully compatible with Surface Headphones? Things like, answering and declining calls? Muting functionality?

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unmute headset microphone using physical mute button during Teams Meetings (fails 66% of the time)

Microsoft partially released hardware mute control to Teams ~ August of 2018, but since then I have experienced MORE issues vs less with call control. Here's the scenario:

• Inside a Teams conference or call, press the hardware mute button on the headset. Teams matches this with a software mute as well 100% of the time.

• Try to unmute the call from the hardware button on the headset, and I find that Teams only software-unmutes ~30% of the time.

Microsoft reference a handful of models with known issues, but I suggest that many, many more models suffer these problems, such as…

230 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add an option to disable auto-adjusting mic level

When on the call the Teams will automatically adjust the mic sensitivity level. I want it to stay at the same level. It's really annoying as it picks up background sounds when not talking. Also, it doesn't readjust it after the call, so i.e. if I had set level 50% before the call the Teams will readjust it to 80% and it will stay at 80% after the call has ended. This forces me to keep manually adjusting the mic level. It's a minor thing, but really infuriating. Would be really great, to just have a checkbox to disable mic…

3,805 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

752 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve ability to transition to Bluetooth headset

Teams desktop version is not very adroit at switching changes in speaker/microphone input/output. Use case:

1. Teams desktop is open, and I have a bluetooth headset device (Apple AirPods for me) which is paired with my computer, but not currently activated

2. A phone call or meeting is started

3. I activate my bluetooth headset on my computer

EXPECTED: the audio will work on my bluetooth device, or if it isn't, there is an interface in Teams for choosing which device to route audio to
    ACTUAL: The audio has not transitioned to the bluetooth device. There is no interface in Teams for routing…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base