Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Number of people shown in a chat - Allow a user to suggest an array size of (x,y)

Cameras - Allow the user to submit how many people can be shown on screen at most for a conference. Like (x,y) for the most recent people who have spoken. Consider other bezel shapes like squares or circles to allow more users on screen at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "magic mirror" mode for camera

I think MS should create a "magic mirror" mode so the camera image would be a "non-corrected" image which can be used as a basic mirror so I can comb my hair and primp before a video conference.

I'm using the term "non-corrected" in optical comparator terms. It would be a simple mirrored image around a vertical axis.

Hasn't anyone else tried and failed to comb their hair on camera because they couldn't mirror their body movements?

Thanks for listening and making this idea easy to submit.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support multiple input with external soundcard

When using eksternal usb soundcards, Teams detects only the first channel on the sondcard. It would be great if i could use in any case the two first channels for sending audio.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 24bit 96k audio on video conferencing - needs auto re-sampling options (like YouTube)

I use an external USB audio interface (Allen&Heath ZEDi10FX), and I can set the sampling rate to 24-bit 96khz, but I found when I do this, people can't hear me. They can hear me if I set it to 24-bit 48Khz, but I don't want to have to rest this device every time I make a video call. I use this for other projects like home studio recording. Can you please allow for higher sampling rates? Then let the software re-sample to whatever setting people have in their machines.
    Also, let people choose the quality level of video and audio…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Be able to use the camera on the computer

If you are using headphones, you can talk. I have used it only once, and I was not able to video chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Jabra headset launches Skype for Business on call button, would like it to launch MSTeams.

Skype for Business Launches by default when pressing call on Jabra headset. Can I change it to MS Teams?
    Also muting the headset doesn't change the mute icon in MSTeams, add confusion during formal meetings. Can you update the mute function to also change the mute icon from headset control?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 11 PRO Camera

Make teams able to access all 3 of the IPhone 11 Pro camera lenses. Sometimes we want wide angle and sometimes we need a telephoto

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. phone audio controls on computer

When I do Microsoft Teams meetings, I join on my computer, then route the audio through a phone call. I would like to mute/unmute myself from my computer instead of having to dial *6 every time I want to talk.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Some updated version still donot have change background access

Change of background or making a blur background icon doenot exist even after updating Message says:

You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.8663 (64-bit). It was last updated on 4/17/20.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Turn Mic on during Teams Meeting for External Users

When external users join teams meetings have Team automatically configure the microphones on their ends to "on". I keep having problems with external users not being able to add their microphones and we just switch to another platform.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Air Pod and Air Prod Pro compatibility

Please make Air Pods and Air Pod Pros compatible with Teams.

Thanks

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. administrar totalmente microfones;

Adicionar para o "organizador" a possibilidade de administrar totalmente a abertura e fechamento de microfones;

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. is there a option I can hide with some other wall paper during video call

I want to hide my surrounding with some wall paper during video call. facility is there or it will be a new one to be incorporated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Audio strictly on phone/ present via computer

I'd like to conduct a meeting by using my phone for audio only(Airpods) and navigate the meeting/screen share from my laptop.

I've tried multiple ways and everytime I get echoing from my laptop. An "Audio only" option from the smart phone and a "visual only" from laptop would be ideal.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have "Simpson's Living Room" as a background effect

I think it would be "Way to Cool" to do our morning standup in the cartoon "The Simpsons"'s living room

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ability to upload camera screen backgrounds of your own

change the view behind me with an image of my choosing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. allow camera selection on android (front/back; external webcam if connected from chromebooks)

allow camera selection on android (front/back; external webcam if connected from chromebooks), for app, maybe browser mode if possible

Android (especially chromebook) can support multiple cameras, and the chromebook camera app allows external webcams to be selected but apps like teams/skype assume that you will always use the front camera of the phone or the built in webcam of a chromebook (not always very high res). Would like ability to connect a better webcam (upto 1080x 60fps) to android device and use that instead

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enhance camera appearance

Zoom has a feature to enhance camera appearance (soft focus on face) and to change the background with no green screen. I would switch over to Teams exclusively if you have those features. :-}

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Lets add the feature to be able to use your webcam. that would be great since app uses video chat for meetings

Lets add the feature to be able to use your webcam. that would be great since app uses video chat for meetings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base