Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. default settings for microphone

There should be a default setting to turn microphone on Mute for all meetings

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. offer 'camera preview' before calling someone. webex offers this feature

offer 'camera preview' before calling someone. webex offers this feature

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Gallery view with EVERYONE in the call that has their camera on

I would like to see everyone who has their camera on, not just the large gallery view. Also, I would like for my settings to be saved from last time I do not have to keep hitting the "Large gallery view" option each time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Je achtergrond kunnen veranderen

Dat je je achtergrond ook op je telefoon kan veranderen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Baby Cribs - Convertible Crib, Baby Bedding Sets, Cradles | Kido Bebe

Are you searching for the best baby cribs online for your little one? At Wooden Street, you will get most graceful and stylish wooden baby cribs online, which are designed to provide your little champ a peaceful sleep https://kidobebe.com/collections/cribs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. desktop settings for mobile version as well (like test call and selecting your microphone and other devices)

It would be great to have options like test call and selecting your in and output devices manually not only on the destop, but also on my iPad or phone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Use Bluetooth/Audio from Mobile App on Desktop

I want to be able to utilize my phone's bluetooth (through logged in teams app) when on my Desktop so that I dont have to switch headphones

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show the videos of multiple devices without need for sharing.

I am teaching piano.
    I need 2 cameras in the same meeting, one for my face, one for the piano(not flipped).
    I want to be able to see both cameras in the meeting as if they were two individual accounts. I used to be able to do this during UK lockdown in March 2020.
    At the moment I have to 'share' the video of the piano camera and lose the image of the face camera.

I want to see faceCam and PianoCam at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multiple devices join with speaker and mic off by default

At the moment, joining a meeting with another device causes audio feedback while connecting to the meeting and until I am able to turn the speaker off.
    If I choose 'join without audio' both the speaker and mic should default to off. At the moment, just the mic defaults to off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When head set is plugged-in all the notification sounds are diverted to headphone speakers, provied us an option to have sound

Whenever head set is plugged-in all the notification sounds are diverted to headphone speakers, provide us an option to have sound on both laptop speaker and headset at time for call and chat notifications. I am expecting something similar to mobile and earphones

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. surface headphones

I just purchased the Surface Headphones and unfortunately, the touch pad functionality does not work well with Microsoft Teams. I don't want to switch to a "compatibility approved" Jabra product, since the comfort and features on Surface Headphones are great. Is there a timeline on when Microsoft Teams will be fully compatible with Surface Headphones? Things like, answering and declining calls? Muting functionality?

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. test call feature

Setting up a test call or an area where you can check audio and camera equipment prior to actual calls. Would also be useful to be able to link a laptop to a phone in the same environment so that we can use phone headphones and laptop screen in one call. Seems to only work for pre-organised (calendar) meetings at the moment and not one on one calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. JBL Headphone

Can you please give us an update when JBL headphones will be listed as supported devices?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Having Trouble with my JBL BT550 headset

Having trouble with my JBL BT550 whereas, once connecting I hear robotic sound not able to make calls

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create A Voice Audio Display

My instructor had audio issues and kept on speaking without realizing he wasn’t getting through to his audience. A voice display box, like an equalizer should be made available to let the speaker know the audience is receiving and measures volume so the speaker can adjust his volume, tone or position from microphone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need the power to control student's camera.

Need the power to control student's camera

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow the presenter to turn off individual backgrounds or turn off the camera for participants

In a Teams meeting it can be very distracting to see others' background. It would be great to be able to turn off individual cameras, just like being able to mute a specific person.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base