Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Flip the local view but does not change the remote site view.

Please let the microsoft teams has the option to have the local image filpped, and does not change the customer's review.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stereo audio and of course system sound

Stereo audio and of course system sound. When teaching in music this platform isn't good. The mono sound is poor, even when using pro mic and sound card. And by the way Key note presentations doesn't work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. speaker option in conference call

There can be an option for teams meeting speaker which will modify the teams audio output not the device audio output.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Signing out initializes the Secondary ringer settings

You should keep the settings for each account as they will need to be reconfigured.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Use phone / companion device as webcam

Via the companion device feature, I have been using my phone as a webcam. I do this by joining a teams call on my desktop with audio but no video, then joining the same call using my device with video but no audio and speaker switched off. This works well but it is annoying to set up.

It would be much more convenient if you could set up your phone as a webcam before joining the call, so that once you join on your desktop it would automatically join on your device with video on and audio/speaker off (or whatever…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams Desk Phones CAP needs Provisioning Portal

does anyone know if there are plans to migrate this SfB CAP Provisioning Portal across to Teams? Tenant Admin Common Area Phone Provisioning Portal https://aka.ms/skypecap ? This is still required so we dont need to physically visit every phone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remove audio feedback while sharing screen

When audio is set to on while sharing a screen, audio feedback happens when the presenter speaks while sharing is still active.

This could easily removed by turning down the mic input of the presenter while the screen share is active.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support wireless headsets hardware mute

Teams Windows App seems to still have problem in working with bluetooth headset controls like mute or voument up or down. I' musing Jabra elite 65e which has hard ware mute button. The hardware mute button works well when I am connecting to meeetings via browser. The mute button does not work well with Teams Apps. It work well with Skype and Webex too.Now a days all my work meetings are switched Teams, but this glitch beating the purpose of owning bluetooth headset with hardware mute button.
    Hope this will be fixed soon

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Volume Controls SEPARATE from Computer's Master Volume

I work for an IT helpdesk and sometimes I need to be able to either mute or turn the volume down on a meeting I'm in so I can answer the phone. As of now, there is only a Device volume slider in the desktop app (which I only have access to on my remote workstation, not my personal desktop).

I'm able to accomplish this by turning down the master volume on my computer but I speak to my clients by using a Vonage app on my desktop and turning the Master Volume down or muting it disallows me to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why can't you preview your camera view before you turn it on?

You should be able to check your view before going live with your camera in the meeting

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Blur Background And Change Background On Phone

I would like to see a blur background for people in the meeting and change background! On Phone Please Can you do this as fast as possible

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fone bluetooth nao funciona no teams

Nao deveria haver restricoes para tipos de fone de ouvido. Comprei um fone bluetooth que nao funciona somente no teams. Em todo restante funciona. Depois q descobri que existe uma lista de fones homologados pelo teams. Fala sério!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow host video to be larger when using secondary video source.

Allow host video to be larger when using secondary video source.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create virtual backgrounds not only for Teams meetings but also for group chats. Why isn't virtual background implemented in group chat?

Create virtual backgrounds not only for Teams meetings but also for group chats.
    Why isn't virtual background implemented in group chat?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Feature to rotate camera view

Zoom has a feature that rotates the camera view. I have an older laptop and the camera was installed upside down, with the driver written to correct the orientation. The driver was updated for Win8 but not for Win10. I'm stuck with upside down- my go to program is Zoom for this reason. I hate screwing around with extra peripherals- cords- webcams (which are difficult to get right now anyway). Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Audio device settings - Use OS devices, remember devices, disable automatically switching, custom profiles, priorities

As a user of multiple VoIP applications it still surprises me how little configuration Microsoft Teams offers with regards to audio devices, user sound control and communication platform hierarchy.
    I know that a few of my suggestions match with, or overlap with other suggestions on this platform, but I feel like these suggestions interact with each other in a way that warrants them to considered all at once.

My suggestions basically boil down to these two things that are further explained below.
    1. Give the user more control over what audio (or video) devices are used where and when and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need a way for meeting organizer to turn off a meeting participant's video.

Provide a way for a meeting organizer to turn off someone's video if the video needs to be turned off, similar to the meeting organizer's ability to mute someone. For instance, if someone is applying makeup or eating, the organizer would be able to turn off their video so the rest of the meeting doesn't see it..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. اضيفو فلاتر الوجه لكي نستطيع فتح الكاميرا والتواصل بشكل جيد..🤗👍

اضيفو فلاتر الوجه لكي نستطيع فتح الكاميرا والتواصل بشكل جيد..🤗👍

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. its trash its buggy its laggy and it takes the whloe internet conection

its trash its buggy its laggy and it takes the whloe internet conection

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base