Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ask to use smartphone camera if no desktop webcam available

These days it's near impossible to find a quality webcam; no availability everywhere. We have more people than ever using Teams, most on desktop computers. And almost everyone has a smartphone with a camera, and Teams running on it.

When joining a video call in Teams on a desktop that doesn't have a webcam, why not offer to use the webcam (and/or headset/audio) from the smartphone over WiFi?

When sharing screens, etc. it's not feasible to use just the smartphone for the Teams video call. And currently if someone decides to attempt this manually, they will show up as 2…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mic device auto volume level adjustment

Zoom and other meeting applications have automatic mic volume leveling to help with hearing the users. Please add microphone auto adjustment to Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remember Custom Device settings

Teams shows headset devices by default, however, if you select a custom set up, eg sound card for speakers and a webcam mic, this becomes a custom device. This custom config should be remembered, (until changed) so you can toggle between headset and custom config - in the same way Skype for Business behaves.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Headset Call Controls sync within Teams in MAC

Currently the Headset call constrols doesnt reflect the status in the Teams client and vice versa, we would like Headset call controls works same as it works in Windows, to be in sync both the Teams client and headset.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Manual Updating of Communication Prefersences if Working from Home.M.

Currently the Teams Facility only allow connection for Business Purposes via Remote Access. Allow people who work from home to amend Manually their Audio and Video settings to allow them to use their own or Microsoft Audio and Video devices whilst working from home for their Company.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have Teams use Alexa

To allow Microsoft Teams to use Alexa Devices.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Full support for Sony WH-1000XM4

Full support for Sony WH-1000XM3 / WH-1000XM4 headphones in microsoft teams calls.
    These are some of the most popular headphones on the market, support should be offered.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. enabling use of mute button on bluetooth headsets

my bluetooth headset's mute button works fine with Andriod / Apple devices etc. It does not work with Teams on Windows 10. The remote mute function is basically why I bought the headset. I believe it works with Skype.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. use default computer audio settings as an option

there should be an option to use the computer's default audio configuration in Teams. Everytime I want to change my sound output I have to change it in my OS settings and also change it in Teams which is a huge hassle. There should be an audio setup option to use the OS's configuration. Other programs like Zoom already do this.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enhance camera appearance

Zoom has a feature to enhance camera appearance (soft focus on face) and to change the background with no green screen. I would switch over to Teams exclusively if you have those features. :-}

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Audio Device Settings

Hello, I really stuggle to toggle between audio devices using teams as it doesn't seem to automatically use the audio device chosen on the PC and I can't seem to be able to change this directly from teams.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Background and blurr option for Android

Background and blur option for Android

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Voice input sensi

Microsoft should add voice input sensitivity

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Filters

Add camera effects to the face, or so-called filters. Such as clear skin and make-up.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow users to adjust camera settings without an active call in progress

Allow users to adjust camera settings without an active call in progress.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Disable camera autofocus

It would be great if the camera autofocus could be turned off in a video call (sometimes I want to show a paper or whiteboard I work on, and the frequent refocusing is very disturbing for the others in the meeting). On my tablet I can turn autofocus off when just making a video by tapping for 2-3 seconds on a point of the picture (in the built-in app, not Teams), but inside Teams the local menu which allows this option is not available, only Teams' own local menu.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Visual sound level indicator to help people stop yelling

Problem: In open office settings, more and more people are having Teams meetings in close proximity to each other. There's a tendency for people to raise their voices when they can't hear themselves speak, which results in loud speech / noise issues affecting their colleagues, often unknowingly.
    Proposed Solution: Have a visual indicator to tell the speaker whether their voice is at the right level. Green zone = Optimal Voice Level, Red zone = Too Loud.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support external webcams for Samsung DeX enabled Android smartphones - already available on BlueJeans, for example.

BlueJeans already supports external webcams for Samsung DeX enabled handsets.

Adding this capability to MS Teams would mean the growing number of smartphone supporting desktop mode (Samsung, Huawei, LG, Motorola and some models from most manufacturers supporting Android 10 desktop mode with alt-mode USB-C) can then be used more effectively with MS Teams, especially with Covid-19 etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base