Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add feature to rotate camera image 180 degrees

Using Teams for Desktop. I need to rotate camera image 180 degrees. One of your many competitors Zoom provides option to rotate camera image at 90 degree steps. It works very well. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005859366-Manually-Rotate-Camera
    Please contact Zoom and find out how they have added camera rotate feature and then add to Teams for Desktop. Thank you

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding JBL TUNE500BT to the list of supported devices

Teams are not compatible with the JBL TUNE500BT. please add JBL BT500 to the list of supported devices.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add feature to disable audio-enhancing features and echo cancellation (original sound)

Some USB devices (especially speakerphones) has their own echo cancelling, AGC (automatic gain control) and noise reduction features and these might cause issues with similar features used in Teams.

Zoom has a feature called "original audio" which disables the audio-enhancing features in Zoom.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003279466-Enabling-option-to-preserve-original-sound

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Full support for Sony WH-1000XM4

Full support for Sony WH-1000XM3 / WH-1000XM4 headphones in microsoft teams calls.
    These are some of the most popular headphones on the market, support should be offered.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Air Pod and Air Prod Pro compatibility

Please make Air Pods and Air Pod Pros compatible with Teams.

Thanks

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support Plantronics BlackWire C320-M

In spite of a prior thread and claim that this issue has been resolved, it has not. The Plantronics BlackWire C320-M headset works great with Skype for Business. The physical buttons light and are fully functional.

With the Teams application, however, the buttons do not light and are not functional. It is super annoying to have to find and use the virtual toolbar on the screen when the Plantronics headset has physical buttons. This is especially true when leading a class. To have to move the mouse around just to do a quick mute, is inefficient, to say the least.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve Audio & Video Quality

There's a lot of improvement required in Microsoft Teams Video Quality. WHen it's compared with Zoom, MS-Teams quality is way behind and gives a basic video quality. It's audio quality is also not that good compare to other platforms.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. allow for camera brightness and resolution adjustments

allow for camera brightness and resolution adjustments

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. single icon to simultaneously turn on camera and microphone

When off camera and muted, user has to select both camera and microphone icons to present. Having a single icon to turn on and off these two functions simultaneously would be more efficient and remove a slight pause when activating or deactivating these functions. I do not suggest you remove the existing icons just add a new icon that performs both functions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Button to test your video without having a meeting or call to join

Button to test your video without having a meeting or call to join

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make a feature that can fit background in meeting on android phone

Make a feature that we can set our wish background in meeting on android phone on Microsoft teams.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Secondary ringer" also working for "chat notifications"

"Secondary ringer" currently only works for Calls, make it also work for "chat notifications".

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Filter on camera

I use Teams and Zoom. I like that Zoom has a filter on the video/camera so it softens the image. We don't look so overworked :)

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Disable students from viewing other students' cameras

For privacy reasons, only teachers need to be able to view students' cameras at all times. It is imperative that faculty have control over when students can and cannot view other students (similar to BBB).

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow toggling noise filtering or allowing original sound

I'd like to be able to switch off noise filtering if I need to do so. I am a music therapist using this service, and often my guitar sounds/percussion/other instruments are all cut out due to noise filtering. There is no ability to adjust or customise audio.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a "Test Audio/Video" feature

Need to be able to verify that audio and video is working BEFORE a meeting, so that we don't find out DURING meeting that we can't see or hear anything.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can you please add support for capture cards to integrate external professional video sources to Teams?

I recently attempted to integrate a multi-camera broadcast quality video switching system into a Teams meeting using a Blackmagic design DeckLink video capture card. The card offered both HDSDI video and HDMI video inputs but as I subsequently found out from customer support, only USB webcam type devices are currently supported by Teams There are many such devices out there for capturing professional video sources into computer systems and it would be nice if Teams supported these devices instead of just USB devices like webcams. Having the ability to integrate a system like this into the meeting host system would…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Issues with Bluetooth JBL device

I bought a good new JBL device. It works very well with everything I did until now - except with Microsoft Teams desktop app (does work well with MS Teams web). I have already searched a lot in the internet, tried several solutions posted in many forums but has not managed to have this solved. And I noticed many people with same issue, so I suggest you take a look at it.

Here is the link for a post I made in Microsoft Community, and replies I had: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/msteamstfb-msteamsmeeting-msteams_audio/wireless-headphones-jbl-bt500-not-working-well/17a9be1a-d7c9-432d-8398-a05c87f50b60?messageId=5fde4faf-a96b-4c55-81ee-7b6a24f7680d

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support external webcams for Samsung DeX enabled Android smartphones - already available on BlueJeans, for example.

BlueJeans already supports external webcams for Samsung DeX enabled handsets.

Adding this capability to MS Teams would mean the growing number of smartphone supporting desktop mode (Samsung, Huawei, LG, Motorola and some models from most manufacturers supporting Android 10 desktop mode with alt-mode USB-C) can then be used more effectively with MS Teams, especially with Covid-19 etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Include feature to address powerline frequency (flickering of webcam)

In Skype there is a setting to toggle between 50 & 60 hz to address powerline frequencies in different countries causing the webcam background to flicker.

please include this feature in MS teams - this is becoming more important with increased virtual meetings.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base