Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How can Microsoft Team Guests - test audio and video

How can guests test audio and video, regular Teams users can test equipment can guests do that too?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Any video box to full screen

ability to take any video feed and make it full screen, so if you are using a surface hub for example you can take the camera feed from that and make it full screen rather than one of 9 video windows. also good if you could toggle between that and the shared screen so look at the shared ppt or desktop or video and easily toggle between

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide a setting so that we can choose to always join with mic muted, or unmuted.

Currently whether you join muted or unmuted seems to be based on how many are in the call at a particular time. I'd like to be able to overide this with a simple preference setting so that I always join with the same set-up every time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support multiple input with external soundcard

When using eksternal usb soundcards, Teams detects only the first channel on the sondcard. It would be great if i could use in any case the two first channels for sending audio.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 24bit 96k audio on video conferencing - needs auto re-sampling options (like YouTube)

I use an external USB audio interface (Allen&Heath ZEDi10FX), and I can set the sampling rate to 24-bit 96khz, but I found when I do this, people can't hear me. They can hear me if I set it to 24-bit 48Khz, but I don't want to have to rest this device every time I make a video call. I use this for other projects like home studio recording. Can you please allow for higher sampling rates? Then let the software re-sample to whatever setting people have in their machines.
    Also, let people choose the quality level of video and audio…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. External graphics pad usage with Whiteboard

I need a multi-color graphics pad that I can plug into my computer and then draw within the Teams Whiteboard for brainstorming sessions. Multiple users would be doing the same on the same Whiteboard.
    We need more precision as we will be drawing schematics and other technical items on the Whiteboard.
    I need to be able to save the Whiteboard session as a file so that I can open it in some Office application at a later date and establish a time stamp of the brainstorming ideas.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Jabra headset launches Skype for Business on call button, would like it to launch MSTeams.

Skype for Business Launches by default when pressing call on Jabra headset. Can I change it to MS Teams?
    Also muting the headset doesn't change the mute icon in MSTeams, add confusion during formal meetings. Can you update the mute function to also change the mute icon from headset control?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Poder colocar un fondo en todos los dispositivos

Como saben no en todos los dispositivos se puede colocar fondos sería bueno que en todos se pudieran

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Video device preview

currently when you go to settings>devices, the video preview is right at the bottom and you cant scroll all the way down to see the full preview which means half of the video gets cut off and you have to tilt the laptop screen forward to get the full picture. I suggest that Teams should be able to scroll all the way down on this window so we can see the full camera preview

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make it so that you can pull the video feed to a different screen.

I want to be able to pull the video feed to a different screen than the document or presentation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have a "No device" option for microphone and for speaker

I have limited bandwidth that often can't support both audio and screen-sharing. There should be a means of not using computer audio (microphone and speaker) to save bandwidth and allow users to use their phones to call each other separate from the meeting, while still using their computers to screen-share. Phoning into a meeting using the phone-in option doesn't allow screen-sharing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Share screen in test call

I'd like to be able to test screen sharing. I want to know how my presentation will look to others on the call. It would be great if all the actual call functionality was available in test

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sounds in the teams presentation

The videos that is been showed does not have sounds for who is watching the presentation

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Attendance Teams using hololens

Microsoft should integrate the Hololens with teams to provide immersion. I realize that many people that is attending meeting is doing other things causing distraction. Students could be more focused attending class by home.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Handover and multidevice Separate streams

When someone calls on a device and jou eg pick up the connection on a smartphone, it would be nice to open eg the data desktop share from my PC while maintaining the audio connection via my smartphone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow default setting of speakers and mic to be "off"

There does not appear to be a setting which allows the speakers and mic to off when joining a meeting by default - all the time. I typically dial in by phone and don't use the laptop audio, when it is docked.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base