Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. we need more certified Bluetooth device

I brought the Noise Cancelling Sony WH-CH710N over the ear for the comfort, to use it in teams and listen to music during work (8hrs a day). I cant just return them now to get a credit towards a purchase of a much more expensive headset like the Bose and the EPOS ADAPT.... How does the bluetooth headset that I have get certified by Microsoft?

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

68 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add filters so we can look pretty ! like on the beauty plus app...

We all want to look our best on camera even on boring conference calls. Please add video filters to make us all look beautiful on camera. Check out Beauty Plus for inspiration !

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. allow camera selection on android (front/back; external webcam if connected from chromebooks)

allow camera selection on android (front/back; external webcam if connected from chromebooks), for app, maybe browser mode if possible

Android (especially chromebook) can support multiple cameras, and the chromebook camera app allows external webcams to be selected but apps like teams/skype assume that you will always use the front camera of the phone or the built in webcam of a chromebook (not always very high res). Would like ability to connect a better webcam (upto 1080x 60fps) to android device and use that instead

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow users to join a video call/ Chat from multiple devices just like you can do within a Teams Meeting.

The ability to join a Teams Meeting from multiple devices is incredible. It allows the user to define their audio and video by device. Cool! This functionality however cannot be done from within a general video call/ Teams Chat. Please change this.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multi-channel Audio - USB interface compatibility

Compatibility for multi-channel USB audio devices (e.g. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2) where there are multiple channels for audio input, only 1 channel appears as the main audio in Teams (e.g. microphone on channel 1, MP3 player on channel 2 - only the channel 1 microphone appears in Teams). Would like to have both audio inputs show up in Teams - e.g. control of background music while speaking through the microphone.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Filter on camera

I use Teams and Zoom. I like that Zoom has a filter on the video/camera so it softens the image. We don't look so overworked :)

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. add option to be able to change the video call background BEFORE joining a ONE to ONE video call.

In Team meetings, there is an option to change the video background right before joining a meeting but such option is not available for One on One video calls BEFORE making a video call (we can change the background during the call but not BEFORE the call). It is very handy to add this option to the Teams

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Manage cameras and microphones of students in Teams Education

As a teacher I would like to be able to switch on and off the cameras and microphones of my students. Zoom as this possibility and it really helps to be sure the students will attend the lesson till the end of the lesson.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. surface headphones

I just purchased the Surface Headphones and unfortunately, the touch pad functionality does not work well with Microsoft Teams. I don't want to switch to a "compatibility approved" Jabra product, since the comfort and features on Surface Headphones are great. Is there a timeline on when Microsoft Teams will be fully compatible with Surface Headphones? Things like, answering and declining calls? Muting functionality?

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Full support for Sony WH-1000XM4

Full support for Sony WH-1000XM3 / WH-1000XM4 headphones in microsoft teams calls.
    These are some of the most popular headphones on the market, support should be offered.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bluetooth Connectivity

Teams doesn't Integrate with my Plantronics(BT300M) bluetooth

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve Audio & Video Quality

There's a lot of improvement required in Microsoft Teams Video Quality. WHen it's compared with Zoom, MS-Teams quality is way behind and gives a basic video quality. It's audio quality is also not that good compare to other platforms.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Air Pod and Air Prod Pro compatibility

Please make Air Pods and Air Pod Pros compatible with Teams.

Thanks

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add feature to disable audio-enhancing features and echo cancellation (original sound)

Some USB devices (especially speakerphones) has their own echo cancelling, AGC (automatic gain control) and noise reduction features and these might cause issues with similar features used in Teams.

Zoom has a feature called "original audio" which disables the audio-enhancing features in Zoom.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003279466-Enabling-option-to-preserve-original-sound

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enhance camera appearance

Zoom has a feature to enhance camera appearance (soft focus on face) and to change the background with no green screen. I would switch over to Teams exclusively if you have those features. :-}

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow camera detection on Chromebooks

Web-based teams on Chromebook seems to work great! The one thing it is missing is the ability to engage in a video chat. When i click on the video camera link in Teams, I am taken to a page prompting me to give access to the Mic and Camera. Unfortunately, the method that is being used does not interact with Chrome OS properly so you cant allow access to the camera.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow users to adjust camera settings without an active call in progress

Allow users to adjust camera settings without an active call in progress.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can you please add support for capture cards to integrate external professional video sources to Teams?

I recently attempted to integrate a multi-camera broadcast quality video switching system into a Teams meeting using a Blackmagic design DeckLink video capture card. The card offered both HDSDI video and HDMI video inputs but as I subsequently found out from customer support, only USB webcam type devices are currently supported by Teams There are many such devices out there for capturing professional video sources into computer systems and it would be nice if Teams supported these devices instead of just USB devices like webcams. Having the ability to integrate a system like this into the meeting host system would…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base