Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Dutch to spoken languages for auto captioning for live events

Please add Dutch to spoken languages for auto captioning for live events, thank you.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow customized background: ability to use our own photographs to create a customized background.

Allow a user to use a customized background: user should be able to import a jpeg or other graphic to create a customized background for video conferences.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I need the teams live event option in norway

Why is the teams live event not accesible for tenants in norway? When will this be accesible? I need this asap.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Will Teams Live events ever be able to pop out - like normal chats do?

Will Teams Live events ever be able to pop out - like normal chats do, so we can continue to use the main teams screen during then event? that way we can try anything being shown on a training session. at the moment, it takes over the main screen - which then limits what you can do being shown, and or response to other msgs/etc

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Upload video to Stream and Share in Teams Live Event as producer

As a producer in a Teams Live Event,

I would like to upload a prerecorded video to Stream and from the Teams Live Event select it into the Teams live event queue,

In order to stream out prerecorded video in a Teams Live Event with optimized pre-processed video quality for Live Event and to get the best experience for the attendees/viewers.

If you don't have third-part equipment or software it is a nightmare to stream a prerecorded video in a Live event. It is very difficult for the producer to stream a nice looking event with prerecorded video when the…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pop-out option for Teams Live Events

Seems pretty cumbersome to continue working, particularly using other Teams chats/channels while watching the Live Event. Since the Live Event can't be popped-out it is easy to inadvertently 'pause' the event in the Teams viewer. Microsoft should look into adding a 'pop-out' option for the Live Event (in addition to the Maximize/minimize options that presently exist).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. add the option to toggle the intensity of the blur background.

My primary video meeting platform is Microsoft Teams, but occasionally we use Google meets. I have enjoyed being able to toggle the intensity of the blur background on google, similar to depth of field with a DSLR camera.

I feel the blur option on teams is too much, which makes people looks like a cut out, stuck on a blurry background. It certainly has its place, however i believe having the option for a light blur or a user adjustment setting, allows for more control of the environment and also helps give that professional depth of field look, which google…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Producer communications during a live event

Would love to see a producer talkback "line" that feeds only to other producers and presenters (ideally being able to mute one or both groups). The dream would be to have three listening groups (attendees, presenters, and producers) with three mute buttons for the producer to decide where they want their message going.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Implement Full HD and 4k in Teams Live Event

For Presentations including high amount of figures or Marketing Slides, the resolution should be capable of displaying those figures correctly. 720p is not the resolution customers want in 2020 and we see a huge benefit in live events with full hd or 4k support.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Feature ID: 70599 was SUDDENLY DISABLED on July 3-5 WITHOUT any NOTICE.

Microsoft Teams: Anonymous Presenter Support for Live Events

You may allow an anonymous user who does not have and MSA or AAD identity to be a presenter in your live event.

Feature ID: 70599
    Added to Roadmap: 1/28/2021
    Last Modified: 6/23/2021
    Tags: Microsoft Teams, Worldwide (Standard Multi-Tenant), GCC, General Availability, Desktop
    Email Icon
    Launched
    Microsoft Teams
    Worldwide (Standard Multi-Tenant)
    GCC
    General Availability
    Desktop
    April CY2021

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a clock icon to live reactions

Time management is crucial on a bigger meeting with multiple speakers. Having a gentle notification for the speaker would replace the need for someone to interrupt them with a statement that they're at time..

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable Teams Live Events for O365 Business Premium Licenses

Please allow Office 365 Business Premium Licenses to use Teams Live Events. I was shocked to find out that E1 Licenses can use Teams Live Events but not Business Premium Licenses. If E1 Licenses can use Teams Live Events why can't Business Premium Licenses? Small Businesses of less than 300 users can definitely make use of Teams Live Events, especially for their customers and product/service announcements.

465 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Reactions during Live event

It would be great to implement the possibility for attendees to react during live events - just like the new feature in Teams meetings.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to pop-out a live event from the main window when attending as a viewer

When attending a live event as a viewer, it would be nice to be able to pop-out the event into a secondary window. Just like a meeting window is separated from the main window. I would like to be able to maxime that window on a second monitor, while still being able to use all the Teams features in the main window.

I know there is currently a minimize feature for live events, which puts it in a small PIP mode. This is great. However, it is way too small to see anything useful from the event. Making use of…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Put Questions in Q&A in Live Events into Categories

In a Live Event with thousands of attendees there can be many questions. It would be very helpful for the monitor team of the Q&A to categories the incoming questions in self edited topics like an "Accordion" where you can expand the content under the Accordion and all the questions under this Accordion will be visible.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Queue More Than One Window in Live Event

At the moment, you can only share one desktop window in Live Events. In order to change the window, I have to Queue my webcam, send myself live, then whilst everyone is watching I have to find the next desktop window to share and then queue that then send it live.

For instance, starting a Live Event with a PowerPoint slide deck but also having a desktop app or another window in the queue so I can move straight to that without the pain.

In a normal teams meeting you see multiple available windows from the desktop but not in…

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Implement a feature to verify anonymous attendees in Teams live event

It would be great that admins could verify the anonymous external user’s name which was used when joining in Teams live event via mobile devices.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Live Event Organizer can set up to automatically send who is speaking to Live

When you are broadcasting an event with more than 1 presenter, the organizer could be able to configure to automatically send the presenter
    who is speaking to Live. No need to send to the queue and then to Live every time. This may be a challenge when you have a person reading Q&A session to presenters answer.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Spawn Teams Live meetings in separate window, instead of taking over Teams client

Spawn Teams Live meetings in separate window, instead of taking over Teams client.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base