Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We should be able to name contacts even if it is not a group

Currently we can only name group chats but we can’t name a single chat, for example if I had two friends with the same name I would want to name one eg. BFF or Leslie the best, it would make things much easier to sort out. This would also help a lot if you have a lot of contacts. All in all this would be helpful and fun for everyone!!! 😇😁 ( sorry for sloppy writing on photo)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Foster virtual communication through automatically adding a TEAMS meeting in an Outlook invite

I would like to make sure that everyone can decide if they want to join face to face or remote. Therefore it would be awesome to have an automated generated TEAMs link, if someone invites via Outlook.
    I know it's possible through the TEAMs Calender directly but as a lot of people are still using Outlook we could use it to accelerate virtual working;-)

I NEED YOUR VOTES!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow you to change how team members display (First Last instead of Last, First)

Allow you to change how team members display (First Last instead of Last, First)

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be very helpful to be able to give a nickname / alias to team mates

I work on a team where almost everyone goes by a nickname other than their real name. So their real name shows in MS Teams, not their preferred name. It would be very helpful to give me the ability to rename them in my UI (even if I'm the only one that sees it).

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Blocking certain users - like fb or skype.

Blocking certain users - like fb or skype.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Merge recent and contacts tabs or move contacts to right side

I like the new contacts list but I also use group chats a lot so I think this will lead to a lot of switching between recent and contacts.

I think an option merge this into a single tall view could be a good solution. Another possibility would be to move contacts to the right side to a separate collapsible list. This right side list could be shown even when you are in the teams view and could then also be used to show team/channel members.

A third way to do it would be to merge teams/recent and contacts into…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. add external users using mobile app

I was trying to add an external contact using the skype mobile app and notice this feature does not exist. In the teams mobile app add this capability so it's better than Skype!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I want to link Teams and Outlook status messages

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のステータス メッセージと Outlook のステータス メッセージが連携されるようにしたい
    I want to link Teams and Outlook status messages

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams と Outlook をそれぞれ利用しています。
    現在 Microsoft Teams にて設定したステータス メッセージは、Outlook 側には連携されない動作となっています。
    管理観点からも利便性の観点からも、それぞれのサービスに対して同様の内容が表示される機能を要望します。

We are using both Teams and Outlook.
    Currently, status messages set in Teams are not linked to those in Outlook.
    From a management perspective as well as from a usability perspective, we would like a way to set these so they both show the same information.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Chat - Contacts - merge contact lists and drag/drop contacts from list to list

In this suggest a feature portal the Category dropdown should include the options "Chat" and "Contacts".

There should be a way to merge contact groups in Chat Contacts. Users should also be able to drag and drop contacts from one to group to another.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Using gravatar

Using gravatar for avatar, so we don't need to upload every time everywhere on every application/homepage images

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Contact - Auto Cursor

When adding a new contact, your cursor should automatically be placed in the pop-up. There is no need to the user to have to click on the name box to be able to start typing.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pronunciation in people profiles

Allow individuals to record a pronunciation for their names and share it in the teams profiles you see on hover. Both audio and phonetic characters ideally!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sort Participants by last name

Right now the list of Participants is by first name. This is not helpful when taking attendance with a large number of people. It should be possible to reorder to sort by last name

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Color code contacts

Enable assignment of color to specific contacts, to more easily find a chat from that contact in the list.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Edit Guest Information Directly in Teams

When a guest is added through Teams, the only way to edit that guest is through Azure AD (as an admin). It would be very useful to have the ability to edit a user's display name and even add a profile picture through the Teams app. I have also tested that a guest is also unable to edit their own information or add a profile picture which should be a bare minimum when we think of managing guests.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be a great idea if we could block someone, so he can not text us anymore.

It would be a great idea if we could block someone, so he can not text us anymore.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Team leave planner

A planner just for managing your teams leave; vacation, training, out of office etc

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create and award digital publicly verifiable badges in Teams (without 3rd party app)

Add the ability to award badges within Teams without leveraging a third party tool. This will give users the the ability to create and award badges to team members conveniently within the Teams' context. Once awarded, recipients and other team members are notified about the awarded badge, and award details can be viewed by simply tagging the badge recipient within the channel conversation.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Feature to move participant video feed to top of window

Recommend a feature to be able to move camera feeds of the participants to the top of the window, to give illusion of people looking into the camera versus looking down all the time. This would be most useful as a bar view, similar to the view when someone is sharing.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Only organiser can unmute

Students are talking over each other. Should be an option to only unmute with organisers/teachers permission

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base