Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Contacts as default rather than Recent

The new contact list is a great addition and I believe that for some it will be used more than the recent conversations tab. So I think an option to set it as default or having Teams remember which one was used last would be a good idea.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to see status message under contact name

In Skype, I could see the status message under the contact name if I change a setting to give each contact multiple lines of visibility. I would like to be able to see the status message under their contact name

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show the status/presence of people on their photo when searching from the command bar

When searching for people on the command bar, it doesn't show their presence on the photo next to their name.

When trying to use a shortcut such as /call it would be useful to know the presence of the person before initiating a call. If they are away, busy etc then it affects the decision of whether I want to try calling them.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. status away

Skype shows a status of how long someone is away so at a glance I can see where people are. I have to hover over each person's name in Teams to see same thing. It's not terrible but I hate it when features are taken away and there appears no way to enable them. Knowing how long a status is flipped is actually quite useful. The Skype designers apparently knew this.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow me to block people

Allow me to block really annoying people

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Alphabetize contacts

Option to Alphabitize contacts, in particular, contacts that are in groups

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better new Team Member Welcome

Allow Team Owners to provide better guidance to new Team Members.

Many admins use the Wiki page or a OneNote page pinned as a Tab in Teams to provide guidance as to the purpose of a Team (in the general Channel) or the purpose/mission of a Channel.

Creating a Conversation to announce this Wiki/OneNote page is a good way to call attention to these guide pages. However, when a new team member joins down the road, it's cumbersome finding that Conversation & updating it to bring it to the most recent Conversation, allowing the new team member to see it…

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please enable the ability to edit contact information within Contacts under Calls without going back to Outlook to edit a contact.

One currently has to go into Outlook to edit a contacts and contacts are not immediately sync'd between the two applications. Please allow more edit functionality within Teams and sync between both Outlook and Teams when a contact is edited in real time.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make all participants Attendees

Just like there is a button for Muting all participants besides the owner, I would like to be able to make all participants into Attendees. Even better, when creating a video conference, it should be an option that everyone who joins is automatically an attendee

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Chat Contacts Groups should stay collapsed when navigating away and coming back

The Chat Contacts Groups should remain collapsed if I collapse it, go to Chat and then come back Currently you have to collapse each group every time you click away from the contacts tab and come back. This should be an easy fix, but could make the chat groups more useful.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I like to view contact groups in collapsed mode

I have created a few contact groups in Teams. Whenever I switch from Recent to Contacts in Chat, I expect to see the contact groups in a collapsed mode. I have to manually collapse every group to find my last group at the end. I prefer not to scroll down long.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. See all team members

Within MS Teams, is there a way of showing all contact, i.e. all team members within teams application. This could be shown with the team member image and name.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. contact card

Why doesn't Teams support the contact card feature everywhere? For example, if I am in a threaded conversation with individuals I cannot right click on an individual and get their contact card.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to add O365 Group to the Invite People box

Currently not able to add anything but a user object in the Invite People box when creating a meeting in Teams. In order to see free/busy via Scheduling Assistant, you need to add all users individually.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add "Idle Time" (Away, Offline) to Teams like Skype

Since Skype is going away, please add the "Idle Time" feature back to Teams. The info provided in Skype is really useful right now with more and more virtual teams. i.e., if someone has been away for a few hours, they probably won't respond to your email right away. Or vice versa - they've been away 15min in a meeting, so will be back. May seem like small feature, but helps everyone actually feel connected instead of dots behind a chat screen.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Calendar tab for Person

In the Person view (when you open a contact and see tabs for Conversation, Files, Organization and Activity) also have a tab for Calendar, which views that persons calendar.

This would allow you to quickly peek into the calendar to see when the person is available, and what the person is currently doing if the calendar is shared

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Contacts Need to Sync with Company GAL

Sync for GAL doesn't work correctly in Teams, this needs fixed for any company that currently uses the GAL otherwise it's next to impossible to adopt Teams.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Microsoft Teams can show office phone and mobile phone

Current I see Microsoft Teams only show office phone when user had both value Mobile phone and office Phone .But user need know contact mobile phone to call but can not see.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow blocking of users

Add option to block users like on skype to prevent any unwanted communication

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base