Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add user platform info

It would be nice if there was an indicator of the platform another member is using. For instance, if I know someone is on the mobile platform I'd be less likely to initiate tasks with them that are better suited for when they are on their PC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Profile Page Builder/App

My global team is trying to connect our people better, so we know who everyone is, can put a name to a face, know their skills/areas of expertise, fun stuff about them like what their first job was, what they wanted to be when they were 5 years old, what they love best about working for our company, etc, just to really get to know them better.

The standard profile information that is pulled from our back end is not always up to date, can be inaccurate depending on what role types are allowed in the system, etc. Free text…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Organization Chart: Show direct reports and total reports

Please add a feature to show the number of direct reports and the number of total reports in the Organization chart box for each user.

Example: A user (Tom) has 4 direct reports (Sam, Tim, Ben, Zed), and contained in the entire organization under Tom are 25 users including Sam, Tim, Ben, and Zed and their direct and total reports. So, in Tom's user box in the Organization it says something like "4 / 25" or "Reports: 4 / 25 (Direct / Total)". Currently it is only possible to see (and manually count) the direct reports under only one user…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show thumbnail of webcam when looking in other program

Skype had the functionality to keep seeing the other persons webcam, while I was looking in another program. Can we include that on Teams as well?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow team members to indicate if they are working from home today or out of the office

there should be an app to be able to set up so that team members can quickly indicate whether they are in the office today

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sharing of User Details between Domain and Guest Users

User details should be shared between Teams users in the organization and Guest Users. Those details, Title and Location, are currently not visible between the two groups. If you are collaborating on a project, or hosting a "working group", you should be able to know who each person is in the Team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. search contact by agent ID number

when only an agent ID number is available, I need to be able to QUICKLY identify who that person is, what region they are associated in, whether active/inactive.
    This was previously available on former messenger app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Chat: Instead of bringing up the last person I had a chat with, please simply show the list of available people in my list.

Chat: Instead of bringing up the last person I had a chat with, please simply show the list of available people in my list. When I open teams, the last person I had a chat with is not that important to me. If I'm going into the Chat part of teams, it is to open a new chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need notes account for keeping logs/notes/records.

Need dummy account for keeping logs/notes/records. As it already works across platforms I will not have to maintain separate app for notes.

Main idea is to chat with oneself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to be able to see what a persons Out of Office message

In Skype for Business I can get a preview of what a person's Out of Office says without having to send them a message or anything like that. In Teams I would like to be able to do that as well rather than just seeing that they are Out of the Office.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Encourage teams Categorise by conversation content

This is where Slack really shines at encouraging team conversation and collocation.
    The channels and their subjects are the primary navigation menu items.
    Whether the means of communication is chat, audio or video is secondary

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Want to reset the Microsoft Teams user presence by administrators on a regular basis

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のプレゼンスを管理者側で定期的にリセットしたい
    Want to reset the Microsoft Teams user presence by administrators on a regular basis

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams のプレゼンスは手動で設定ができるが、連絡が可能なのか退席中なのかの状態を自動で取得したいため、定期的に手動で設定したプレゼンスをリセットしたい。
    テレワークでの運用を進めるにあたり、メンバーの正しいプレゼンスをを確認する必要があるため、管理者側でプレゼンスをリセットする機能の実装を要望します。
    It is possible to set the Microsoft Teams user presence manually, but we will like to automatically retrieve the status whether they are available or away, we hope the administrators will be able to reset the manually set user presence on a regular basis.
    In order to promote teleworking, we need to know the correct presence for all the members. Therefore, we would request a functionality to reset the user presence from the admin…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Want to reset the Microsoft Teams user presence by administrators on a regular basis

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のプレゼンスを管理者側で定期的にリセットしたい
    Want to reset the Microsoft Teams user presence by administrators on a regular basis

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams のプレゼンスは手動で設定ができるが、連絡が可能なのか退席中なのかの状態を自動で取得したいため、定期的に手動で設定したプレゼンスをリセットしたい。
    テレワークでの運用を進めるにあたり、メンバーの正しいプレゼンスをを確認する必要があるため、管理者側でプレゼンスをリセットする機能の実装を要望します。
    It is possible to set the Microsoft Teams user presence manually, but we will like to automatically retrieve the status whether they are available or away, we hope the administrators will be able to reset the manually set user presence on a regular basis.
    In order to promote teleworking, we need to know the correct presence for all the members. Therefore, we would request a functionality to reset the user presence from the admin…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. What would be the best alternative inside outlook 365 to replace old, existing LN Databases?

What would be the best alternative inside outlook 365 to replace old, existing LN Databases?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Changing the future?

I was thinking two things of idea, we should have party to pick up packages returns at customers houses front door that we would can scan or a stickers on the customers package. To bring it back to return like Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, and others service instead of customers bringing it back return. Even bringing a kiosks in different area to return and pick up the process and speed as well. The second ideas is a secure box that any package come to the customers house it goes in a secure box package so no theft would steal the box…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Changing the future?

I was thinking two things of idea, we should have party to pick up packages returns at customers houses front door that we would can scan or a stickers on the customers package. To bring it back to return like Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, and others service instead of customers bringing it back return. Even bringing a kiosks in different area to return and pick up the process and speed as well. The second ideas is a secure box that any package come to the customers house it goes in a secure box package so no theft would steal the box…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. allow to register as favourite a group chat: I need it so that I don't have to scrool down if we have not used the group chat in days.

allow to register as favourite a group chat: I need it so that I don't have to scroll down if we have not used the group chat in days.
    I am a simple employee chatting from a few people from my department so I am not someone who can ask to create a "team"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adding people to or Team profile

Can we add a person to our chat who uses the application but is not from our company? Let say, if I wanted to get in touch with a client through the app by chating, calling, or sending files.
    If so, how?

Thanks!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Team members to the Taskbar

Would be nice to see team members and their status individually on the taskbar. I have MS Teams running, but not always want to have to open it to see if someone is available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base