Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let me @ Mention the user's first name instead of their DisplayName

Hi,
    When mentioning someone with @, is it possible to use the user alias instead of the Display Name? In Slack for example, it is possible to choose whether to display the full name or the user name when being mentioned. Could be great to have it on MS Teams because it is shorter in messages where many mentions are provided.

963 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  88 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow removal of suggested contacts

Please remove/turnoff Suggested contacts from bottom left

797 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

238 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The option to “discard” suggested contacts in your chat list is rolling out to users. We will be making further changes to make suggested contacts more relevant for new users in the future as well, so marking as partially completed. Thanks for your patience with this one.

~Alex & the Teams team

3. Allow rearranging contacts and groups

The new contact list is now live but it's missing the ability to rearrange contacts and groups by drag and drop like you can now do with teams and recent conversations.

I have quite a few contacts and large groups so sorting them would be very useful.

439 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create alias mention groups, or mention DLs like @here (Slack has this)

Can we @mention everyone in the team at once (group) instead of using @ for every single name?

Also, can we use a different first name than the system because people goes by different name?
    It will help if we can copy and paste the @ mention for new conversation.

Basically, I'm looking to be able to create an "@" alias for different groups of people within a team.

Use Case:
    We have a team with 3 designers, 2 mobile devs, 2 strategists, and 2 web devs. It would be nice to have the ability to set up tags like…

431 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. More @mention possibilities

Idea spliting off from this one https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16940059-add-generic-mentions-in-each-channel?tracking_code=1c7742f3e32355a2d76e469ddf0af53e

It would be nice to have more options for @mention as suggested in the above issue with @here for giving notification to everyone present (available status).

There are many other possibilities as well for example the opposite, something like @notHere (so they will not miss the message when the get back) or @onnline /@offline. You could also have @admin / @ owner and later @guests for external users.

Not sure if it's possible already or not but you could allow tagging a different team/channel so everyone that are in both gets a notification.

351 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  25 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Distribution Lists in Teams

In Skype for Business client I can add a Distribution List as a Contact Group.

Can we have this feature in Teams?

350 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hide a user from Microsoft Teams

It would be very beneficial to be able to hide a user from showing as a Microsoft Teams user. Right now it is super confusing for users when old staff members whose mailboxes are still being used show in Microsoft Teams. There is currently no option to hide these users from showing as contacts in chats.

343 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Lets make contacts great again!

Can we please have an awesome next-level contacts interface and management!? Pretty sure we were promised cool stuff in SfB that never came :(

While contacts management might seem like a pretty boring feature (because it is), its one of the most pivotal parts of the app. The whole point of the app is to communicate. So if you can't find or interact with contact information easily, it can be very frustrating!!!

The first thing that needs to be resolved is the fact that the "Calls" tab is the central location for contacts. That doesn't see right or make sense…

334 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sort Contacts

Allow users to sort the contacts in chat, the same way you can in Skype for Business - by Groups/Teams, Status, Relationships, New - and perhaps add the Recent and Suggested as tabs there as well.

323 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Import Groups & Contacts from Skype for Business

With the integration of Skype's features in Microsoft Teams, is there a way to export/import your Contacts and Groups from Skype into Microsoft Teams?

For someone that has been using Teams for over a year now, this would be very useful tool.

As to perform this task of creating Groups, adding the people to them both internal and external manually would take several hours.

Let me know if I can assist.

288 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remember expand/collapse contact groups

The new contact list is now live and it has the option to expand and collapse contact groups. However when I restart teams the are all expanded again.

It would be better if Teams remembered when I collapse a group. then I can for example hide groups of contacts I don't use as often.

254 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Call Contact's Work or Cell phone

When I click the call button on a contact, Teams automatically begins a teams/skype call to the user. It should offer options to call the user's phone numbers (work/cell/other) or to make a skype/teams call, similar to the drop down menu offered by skype for business.

178 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Need to be able to search/call Outlook contacts' phone numbers without leaving Teams

The biggest obstacle and user complaint we have when rolling out Teams is that users cannot search for their Outlook contacts to call like they could in Skype For Business. Instead, they have to open Outlook and reference the contact's phone number which is inefficient & clumsy. It goes against everything else Teams does well in in terms of consolidating apps/interfaces. Users should be able to search for and call their outlook contacts via PSTN without having to leave Teams.

Skype for Business is still a much more streamlined design for external PSTN calling because users cannot find and dial…

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow user to block specific contacts while being able to stay Online for others.

Some users may need to be available for quick chat contact through Teams to other members of the team, but other users in the organization may take advantage of their online presence to bypass regular communication channels. Specifically, helpdesk support person needs a service ticket submitted before assisting someone, but must be available in Teams for consultation with other IT staff.

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Windows 10 My People/People bar integration

Teams integration for direct personal messaging into Windows 10 "My People" People bar would be awesome.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/projects/events/build/2017/my-people-the-taskbar-is-a-window-to-your-app

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

The feature team is still discussing this suggestion. No decision has been made yet, but I’ll keep you posted.

-Warren

16. Change the profile picture for guest users in Teams

I would like to display a picture for guest users in Microsoft Teams as well as general licensed users.

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Guest access profile edit

In Team when inviting a Guest from another organization, the guest shows up only as alias, making it difficult to identify them. The guest access invite should allow the guest to edit the profile to include a picture, or change the avatar name. If the guest is federated or has their own teams, then the profile should to the guest site.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Create/start a chat for a Contact Group

It would be great if we can create/start a new chat based off a Contact Group. Rather than adding each person individually to a chat, the fact that they are part of a group would be so convenient to just right-click the Contact Group name, say 'Start Chat' and it would initiate a new chat will all members in the group.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Delve integration into Teams

Maybe I am one of the few, but I like Delve for search...
    So I am missing Delve in Teams :-(

Either in the list that get exsposed when you hit "Files" to the left, would kind of make sence
    recent/teams/OneDrive/downloads/Delve
    :-)

But Delve is more then file search, you would like to use Delve to search/browse people as well. So it might be better to make a left-side tab for Delve.

Yes, I know you could search for people in the chat tab, but not very Delve-like experience :-)

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add external contacts

Allow team members to add external contacts to the member list to enable convenient communication with 3rd parties e.g. customers and vendors.

This would be a level below the 'guest access' feature as the contacts would not have access to the team's resources.

This could be implemented by linking to an existing 'contact' from Office 365 or from the user's contacts/people.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.