Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shifts Audit

We would like to have the ability to audit who made changes to a shift either through a report or through Power BI.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. printing shifts

Be able to have different options for printing. Be able to select which team members schedule you print

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Want to set alarm at the shift start time with Shifts

It would be great if we could set alarm with Shifts. If Shifts might have the alarm feature like Outlook calendar, that would be great.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Assign color to type of requested time off

The ability to assign a default color to the type of time you take off. For example, vacation could be pink, holiday blue, sick time red, etc.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shifts - "Copy Schedule" function applied only to for selected team members

It would be great if it would be possible to select particular team members for the "Copy schedule" functionality in the Desktop version of the Shifts application. In current version, the schedule is copied for all team members. If the schedule changes for a particular group of members, it is not possible copy only their part of new schedule.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microsoft Teams - Shifts - Overlapping activities

Per https://support.office.com/en-us/article/schedule-daily-activities-on-microsoft-staffhub-0ddad02f-c6cf-42af-9a87-52ea4ff935ce, "A single shift cannot contain multiple overlapping activities."

I schedule overlapping activities for all of my employees everyday because they are required to multitask. I'd like to request the ability for activities to overlap, or at least a per-team setting to control this behavior.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. allow lunch changes in shifts

Allow custom lunch and break times in shifts

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Full export of Timesheet in Shifts

Full export of Timesheets in Shifts including notes and activities

Referred from: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/shifts/m-p/1866864

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams Shifts to update status message

We use Teams and Shifts heavily. But not always easy to see where someone is working. Be useful for Teams shifts to update the Message status for what the guys and girls shift is for that day. Due to Corona we have 50% in the office and 50% WFH. So really useful to know who is WFH and who is in the office from their status messages. Much quicker than searching through shifts to find the user and the shift they are on for the day

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. have ability to set recuring open shifts in shifts

have ability to set recuring open shifts in shifts

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shifts - Add option to reassign shift within the edit open shift option

When wanting to reassign a shift, current members must do a swap or offer shift; an owner has to go to the view by people and move a shift to open shifts before assigning it. A better option under "edit shift" would be to have the option for an owner to remove a name and replace it with another name for assignment. Alternatively, add an option for reassign shift.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Shifts: Set Availability by date

It would be great for team members to be able to set their availability by date rather than by recurring week.
    This way people can give accurate availability if they don't have a set availability that is the same every week.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please add shifts to government (and higher education) tenants of Office365 by default

Please add shifts to government (and higher education) tenants of Office365 by default

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello and thank you for the feedback. My name is Amir and I am a product manager in the Shifts team. We have this request high on our backlog. Do you foresee unique needs of government customers for shifts management beyond compliance?

You are receiving this email because you agreed to be contacted by Microsoft about your product feedback
    Privacy Statement
    Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 USA

14. Set available holidays for Shifts

Allow users / managers to set the available holidays for members at the start of the year for a good overview of howmuch holiday you can plan etc.
    Good integration with the mentioned suggestions of importing public holidays based on location.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a Location to each shift

I have staff that work in different locations. I would like to see this feature as a selectable option per shift. Currently i use colour coding and a comment.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "View only" shareable link for shifts

There should be a way to share a link of shifts to a third party without a Teams account, so the schedule can be viewed, but not edited.

My organization has a few sites that were running google sheets live on a computer in their staff room to show the most updated schedule without staff always pulling out their phones, and without needing staff to individually log in.

I would like them to keep this ability.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow team members to request multiple shifts at once

Our team usually works hourly shifts. We can work multiple shifts in a row or when available. We like using the Open shifts so everyone can request for the hours they want, but it becomes tedious when we have to request each shift we want individually. It would be great if Shifts allowed you to select multiple shifts and request them at once.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Alert of double booking

Hi,
    I was wondering if there was a way to make for teams to alert you if you are doubling booking for someone.

For example I have created teams for each site we work, but if I book alex for example at site A From 7am-3pm and then Alex at site B from 8am-1pm I want it to alert me that Alex is already booked in at that time.

Any chance this is possibly already something I can do?
    Thanks

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shifts export : There is no column dedicated to shifts name

When exporting Shifts from Teams...the Excel created in the process doesn't keep the information about the job that was undertaken. Only the cumulative worked and paused hours, by employee.

I need to know what he has done, not only his hours.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create a custom list of "Activities"

Create a drop-down of "Activities" on the Shifts App in Teams so that we can track more activities than simply "lunch" or "break".

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base