Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. shifts - scrolling month view horisontally

Need to see more then one month at a time in month view.
    scroll month view horisontally to view from the middle of one month to middle of next month and even scrolling through more months horisontally.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add shifts to government (and higher education) tenants of Office365 by default

Please add shifts to government (and higher education) tenants of Office365 by default

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello and thank you for the feedback. My name is Amir and I am a product manager in the Shifts team. We have this request high on our backlog. Do you foresee unique needs of government customers for shifts management beyond compliance?

You are receiving this email because you agreed to be contacted by Microsoft about your product feedback
    Privacy Statement
    Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 USA

3. Shifts - Export Options

We need in HR the option to export the timetables of one and/or multiple specific employees.

E.g. let us select in checkboxes which people's timetables we want to export
    - and/or -
    Give us an export option in the context-menu of an employee, where just his/her shifts will be exported for a defined period.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shifts - Collapsing groups by default option (not always)

Shifts has the capability to collapse groups you don't want to see all the time for your schedules, but it would be nice to be albe to collapse them by defualt (optional check box) or something so we don't have to go collapsing groups every time we open the scheduler.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shifts - Add settings options for auto-approve / auto-approvals

• Add settings option for auto-approve shift requests and shift swap/offers

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Shifts - Add Alphabetize option for team members

There should be a member search option as well as an alphabetize members option when viewing the schedule groups.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Reminders for breaks

As a call centre consultant my breaks set can vary each day. To allow for automated reminders I schedule these into outlook.

It would be good if some integration between teams and outlook could be investigated. Or setting up shift reminders for breaks in teams, instead of just shift reminders on the start times

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Shifts Audit

We would like to have the ability to audit who made changes to a shift either through a report or through Power BI.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. printing shifts

Be able to have different options for printing. Be able to select which team members schedule you print

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to move member into different group in Shifts

I have multiple groups setup in Shifts and it would be nice if I had the ability to easily move a member to another group. It appears you can only move members within the same group.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Native Kronos integration

It would be awesome to have a native integration between Shifts and Kronos. The nature of our business requires us to perform clock-in/clock-out using bio-metrics so as an organization we will eventually move to Kronos for timekeeping. There's value in Teams with Shifts on the side of Communications and Collaboration which isn't Kronos' strongest offering. We would love to see the schedules we create in Teams show in Kronos or schedules created in Kronos show up in Teams. Our users maintain a single place for their schedule data (Teams) and we can meet or org's compliance (bio-metric clock-in)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Shifts Planned Vacation

Allow team owners to enable team members to put in vacation without approval requests.

Currently to get this done you would have to make all members owners.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable a search function that allows searching through Shifts

When I search for a shift that is posted somewhere in Shifts, I receive zero results. As it is right now, I must manually review each week to find what I'm looking for.

For example, if I have a shift that is called "Shift 3" or "Visit 4", I want to be able to enter those into the search field an population all those shifts.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Person listed in multiple groups

When a person is listed in multiple groups, their shift should auto-populate on the subsequent group. An example of this is when the Manager is listed on all of their groups shifts, their shift (i.e.schedule, vacation, holiday, etc.) should follow so you don't have to enter it multiple times.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Shifts re-ocurrance button

My staff wants to use Teams scheduling. Since they have 60% the same schedule each week, they want a recurrence button. Can you build one?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Shifts - "Copy Schedule" function applied only to for selected team members

It would be great if it would be possible to select particular team members for the "Copy schedule" functionality in the Desktop version of the Shifts application. In current version, the schedule is copied for all team members. If the schedule changes for a particular group of members, it is not possible copy only their part of new schedule.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams Shift Time Clock Integration with D365 Business Central Time Sheets

Teams Shift Time Clock integration with D365 Business Central Time Sheets to avoid double entry.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Microsoft Teams - Shifts - Overlapping activities

Per https://support.office.com/en-us/article/schedule-daily-activities-on-microsoft-staffhub-0ddad02f-c6cf-42af-9a87-52ea4ff935ce, "A single shift cannot contain multiple overlapping activities."

I schedule overlapping activities for all of my employees everyday because they are required to multitask. I'd like to request the ability for activities to overlap, or at least a per-team setting to control this behavior.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to notify approvers when requests are sent in the Teams Shifts app

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のシフト アプリにて、リクエストが送信された際に承認者へ通知する機能の実装希望
    Option to notify approvers when requests are sent in the Teams Shifts app

■Description(内容):
    シフト アプリにて、ユーザーから送信されたリクエストは、二次承認として承認者による "マネージャーの承認" が必要になります。
    また、リクエストを承認する際には承認者がリクエスト タブを能動的に見に行く必要があるため、リクエストの送信から承認までタイムラグが発生します。
    このため、リクエストが送信された際に承認者へ通知される機能の実装を希望します。

In the Shifts app, “Manager approval” means that user requests need to be approved by an approver as a form of secondary authentication.
    However, since approvers need to open up the request tab in order to issue approval for requests, there is a time lag between requests being sent and them being approved.
    Please add a function to notify approvers when a request has been sent.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Multiple time clock locations in shifts

I have multiple people that work from multiple locations. I would like to have the option to add more than one time clock location .I need to have some shifts with different locations and some staff members with different locations.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base