Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Refuse shifts

Allow staff to refuse/reject shifts without having to offer or swap. Still need Manager approval to move shift to open and require a reason from staff.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Filtering Shifts

Should be able to search and filter shifts across individuals based on time or a particular content of the shift i.e. to see who is assigned to a particular duty for the month.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Shifts re-ocurrance button

My staff wants to use Teams scheduling. Since they have 60% the same schedule each week, they want a recurrence button. Can you build one?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Shifts to block out availability on Teams Calendar/Outlook Calendar

Once shifts are uploaded into 'Shifts', automatically block out availability on Teams Calendar/Outlook Calendar to prevent the need to reference multiple days/dates.

:)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add ability to up Shift Activities from Mobile App

Microsoft Teams Shifts within a given shift allows the scheduling of "Shift Activities" to "Add daily activities or any additional breaks you want to track within this shift".

The mobile Teams app will not allow managers to change a shift that conflicts with the "Shift Activities" schedule.

There is nowhere in the mobile app to access the activity tab. This was the same issue in Staffhub. This causes an issue when shift managers need to make schedule change when out of the office. Since we run a 24x7 operation this issue can occur frequently.

EXAMPLE

• Employee is working 10:30a-6:30p

• Lunch…
    6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Reports for Shifts

I'm trying real hard to get my managers on board with using the Shifts Calendar. The only reason they are hesitant is the lack of reporting. We need to be able to pull reports from shifts to:
    1. Show the total hours for the specific shift types
    2. Show each person's total.

The existing export of the weekly calendar is not a very good report.

Allowing Shifts data to easily be pulled using Power Automate and Power Bi would also be helpful with a couple of tutorials.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show status of team members

Show status of team members in Shifts to see if they are online, away, busy, etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Shifts - assign admin / approver per group

It would be good to assign admin or approver per schedule group. So the admin or approver can be responsible and receive notification only for their own group. And also the time-off requests from the same group only send to the assigned admin or approver automatically.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Choose the break down of visible times by hour, 30 mins, 15 mins, etc.

The directors in my organization schedule activities for staff at 15 minute increments, or tasks start at 15 or 45 of the hour. It would be nice to choose the breakdown of the visible time, as the gray vertical bar that moves with the mouse can be harder to pinpoint the time without opening up individual staff shifts.

They need to be able to compare staff schedules in this way to make sure everything is covered.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow team members to request multiple shifts at once

Our team usually works hourly shifts. We can work multiple shifts in a row or when available. We like using the Open shifts so everyone can request for the hours they want, but it becomes tedious when we have to request each shift we want individually. It would be great if Shifts allowed you to select multiple shifts and request them at once.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shift view in SHIFTS

When shifts are viewed by shift, continue to show team member initials in week and month view (currently only visible in day view)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Shifts export : There is no column dedicated to shifts name

When exporting Shifts from Teams...the Excel created in the process doesn't keep the information about the job that was undertaken. Only the cumulative worked and paused hours, by employee.

I need to know what he has done, not only his hours.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable a search function that allows searching through Shifts

When I search for a shift that is posted somewhere in Shifts, I receive zero results. As it is right now, I must manually review each week to find what I'm looking for.

For example, if I have a shift that is called "Shift 3" or "Visit 4", I want to be able to enter those into the search field an population all those shifts.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Person listed in multiple groups

When a person is listed in multiple groups, their shift should auto-populate on the subsequent group. An example of this is when the Manager is listed on all of their groups shifts, their shift (i.e.schedule, vacation, holiday, etc.) should follow so you don't have to enter it multiple times.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Color Coding

Allow owner or user to set the color coding for requests so that any time a user makes a request the color code is standard for all team members. (i.e. all vacations will appear pink on the schedule and it is not up to the owner to set them manually) Additionally, add more color options.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. allow people to request Open shifts on the desktop version

currently the app is the only way for employees to request an open shift. Would like the feature to be available on the desktop for those who don't want to use the app

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams Shift Time Clock Integration with D365 Business Central Time Sheets

Teams Shift Time Clock integration with D365 Business Central Time Sheets to avoid double entry.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cannot offer shifts to members of different shifts group

In shifts you can separate members into multiple groups. I have mine separated into regular workers and managers. Managers have a different schedule than regular workers. I do not want regular workers to be able to offer or swap hours with a manager and vice versa.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. shifts not syncing

Shifts in not syncing to my mobile when updating desktop schedule.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Shifts - Collapsing groups by default option (not always)

Shifts has the capability to collapse groups you don't want to see all the time for your schedules, but it would be nice to be albe to collapse them by defualt (optional check box) or something so we don't have to go collapsing groups every time we open the scheduler.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base