Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Team Owners can't export time clock data from Shifts

This is more of a bug than a "feature" request.

If you have created a schedule for a team, then you can export time clock data. However, if you are a team owner other than the person who initially created the schedule, the export function doesn't work. Nothing happens. I have verified this across a number of tenants, and also have just independently had Microsoft Technical Support reproduce the issue on their end independently. Given that MS has no formal mechanism for reporting bugs, it was suggested that I post this issue here, on the Uservoice.

The bug is easy…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shifts: Allow entries over several days

We use shifts for Service assignments which often take several days incl.travel. It would be great to make one entry taking several days i/o copy and pasting every single day, in total it gives a better overview and saves time. Entries over several days a currently only availble for holidays.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams Shifts - Option to allow Manager of schedule to turn off swap

The option under settings to allow the manager who sets up the schedule to turn off "swap" and "offer" of shifts. Not all industries who will be using Shifts wish to allow this to happen.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Blocking Shifts - Off time

If an employee is scheduled to be off, or on vacation, teams should not allow me to assign a shift, or maybe a popup can appear saying so-and-so is on Holiday, do you wish to assign the Shift ... anyway?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shifts (StaffHub) - Email all staff scheduled to work on the current day

Please add the ability to email all staff currently scheduled in Shifts (StaffHub) for the current day. This is important for managers to communicate with all current day scheduled staff in one easy step. This could be a Flow, but current Flow templates don't support this.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow sorting in Shifts

When viewing by Shift, add a feature that allows you to sort the order of the Shifts. We custom name our shifts and need to be able to easily find the shift we are looking for. Currently the shifts do not appear in any discernible order. Thank you.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Delete a member that is no longer employed

Allow owners to delete a member without having to remove each scheduled day. Or allow owners to replace an existing team member with a new team member taking over their schedule.
    We are having a problem removing a member that is no longer employed. Please Help

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. e-Discovery for MS Team Shifts

when e-discovery capability will be added in MS Team shifts?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please let normal users edit shifts in the Teams Shifts app

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    チームのシフトアプリについて
    Please let normal users edit shifts in the Teams Shifts app

■Description(内容):
    現在 Microsoft Teams のシフトアプリでは、チームの所有者以外のユーザーがアイテムを作成、編集することができません。
    チームの所有者ではないユーザーでもシフトの編集を可能とする設定の実装を要望します。
    Currently only the team owner can create and edit items for the Microsoft Teams Shifts app, and all other users cannot do the same.
    Thus I hope that a configuration will be implemented to enable users that are not team owners to edit shifts as well.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Shifts schedule rename

It would be great if it´s possible to change the Shifts schedule name or if the name is adopted by the corresponding team.

At the moment we have amix-up through the Staffhub migration and when a team is renamed

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Intergrate Shifts with Payroll systems and Dynamics 365

Would be logical to compliment Shift as scheduling software/app integrated with Dynamics 365 and payroll systems. So Shift should able generate time sheets approved by managers for payroll data, and have common employee database with Talent/Dynamics 365. Adding AI to generate suggested schedules based on sales result, foot traffic, inventory receiving, etc. would be big bonus too. Adding Time Leave requests would be nice too, to complete front line staff management from single point.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams Shifts offer to multiple users from desktop

Add the ability to offer a shift to multiple people simultaneously from the desktop app. This feature is available in the mobile app.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Able to edit "Custom label" and "Color" when importing schedule

My use of Shift need to be able to edit custom label and color when importing schedule

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Time Off option in Import Schedule

Can we have an option to include Time-Off information when Importing schedules? Currently, we can only input the shift times and no time-off information.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Validate Copying Shifts from One Week to Another

When copying a Shifts schedule from one week to the next, have a verification check that lets the user know if there is already a schedule published or in draft mode for the week being copied TO, that allows a user to either cancel or select a different week to avoid duplicate shifts being created for the same days/employees.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you so much for your feedback! This is Amir from the Shifts product team. We added your feedback to our backlog as feature to manage conflicts when copy-pasting shifts (especially if they are recurring over a longer period of time).

You are receiving this email because you agreed to be contacted by Microsoft about your product feedback
    Privacy Statement
    Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 USA

16. Add ability to up Shift Activities from Mobile App

Microsoft Teams Shifts within a given shift allows the scheduling of "Shift Activities" to "Add daily activities or any additional breaks you want to track within this shift".

The mobile Teams app will not allow managers to change a shift that conflicts with the "Shift Activities" schedule.

There is nowhere in the mobile app to access the activity tab. This was the same issue in Staffhub. This causes an issue when shift managers need to make schedule change when out of the office. Since we run a 24x7 operation this issue can occur frequently.

EXAMPLE

• Employee is working 10:30a-6:30p

• Lunch…
    10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show status of team members

Show status of team members in Shifts to see if they are online, away, busy, etc.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Disable/Filter notifications from Shifts

There should be a way to disable notifications that come from Shifts such as "requesting an open shift". As an administrator I find myself being added to numerous Teams that uses Shifts but I don't have a need to be notified nor see the activity for that particular team in my activity feed.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you so much for your feedback! My name is Amir and I am a product manager in the Shifts team. This must be frustrating to get so many notification and I apologize for that. Did you try to disable your mobile notification for activities coming from the Shifts app within Teams? Is this issue mostly on desktop. We will add your ask to our backlog.

You are receiving this email because you agreed to be contacted by Microsoft about your product feedback
    Privacy Statement
    Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 USA

19. Want to set alarm at the shift start time with Shifts

It would be great if we could set alarm with Shifts. If Shifts might have the alarm feature like Outlook calendar, that would be great.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Your status in "shifts" should be reflected in your main status

If you are off-shift or on vacation in shifts, this should be reflected in your main status. I have just messaged my manager who showed as available(green) in status but was on vacation. I got told off :-(

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base