Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sorting Options For Owners in Shifts

Allow us to sort people by currently having a shift assigned and people who don't have shifts assigned be at the bottom of the screen to avoid massive gaps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Team Owners to edit employee availability in Shifts app.

I would like to manually approve and then enter my team member's availability myself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Set the default as no groups filtered rather than them all - prevents CPU spike and slowness.

By default, all groups are filtered in when opening the app and that causes a massive spike in CPU as its trying to pull in all data. Would it not be better to start with nothing filtered as the user can then select what they want to see without having to wait 2 or 3 minutes for everything to load.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams Shifts Connectors: Add schedulingGroup into ListShifts and GetShift

Please could we have SchedulingGroup included in each shift that is returned using the Logic App Connector - Teams Shifts (List Shifts and Get Shift).
    Shifts are grouped by SchedulingGroup and it would be helpful to be able to identify which shift is within which Scheduling Group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Use Shifts to assign desks (Desk Sharing / Not to many people at the office during Corona)

In our office, due to Corona, we are not allowed to use all desk so we can keep our distance.
    We use Shifts to assign desks to people.
    We use Open Shifts and named them with a desk number. People can request an Open Shift Desk.

It would be nice if it's possible to give an shift (desk in this case) back as Open Shift so someone else can take it.

Or add location to a shift?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Looking for an ability to enter various rotation/roles for 6 months out for the team

In my team we have a shift schedule for 6 different roles. We enter the shift data, person and role for up to 6 months out. Today we use shared Outlook calendar and we can import from an Excel sheet and build the schedule very quickly for 6 month out. Would like to have this ability in Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create Shifts Time Clock Dashboard

I set up a log-in tool in powerapps for our office but would happily switch to shifts as a solution. However, one advantage of the powerapp is that everyone can easily see for what kind of activity (shift/day off etc) and where everyone curently is. If there was a way to have a status dashboard based on the time clock information, that would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Return the Conflict Alert Feature

Please reinstate the conflict alert feature that was available previously. Maybe as an optional feature if some don't want it. My team found it useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Shift pending

Currently if someone requests time off I can view it in request but I have to either approve or reject it at that moment. If someone requests time off I would like to be able to send a message or add a note letting them know what coverage will be needed and leave the request pending until they find the coverage. Is there a way to add a pending approval option that sends a message or note back to the caregiver for the requests? Right now I can’t add any notes about needed coverage unless I also approve or deny…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Grey shades between co-workers in Shifts to create a better overview

The overview of the schedule in shifts would be better readable if every other co-worker would have shade of gray in their line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make it unable to assign open shifts to a person which has a day off

When I would like to assign an open shift to a person, I get a long list with all my co-workers, including the ones that have a day of. It would be nice if I can see already from here which co-workers are still available and which are not. For example: make the ones which are absent with a gray color or something like that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Exclude open Shifts when you share a schedule with the team

When I like to share a schedule with my team, I cannot exclude the open shifts. Once I've shared these open Shifts and I would later like to assign these open Shifts to a person, the open Shift will only disappear from the open Shift once I share the schedule with my team. This make the overview very confusing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Connect a task/shift/activity to multiple persons

Sometimes, there are more than one person that will work on the same taks/shift/activity. It would be nice to connect this to multiple persons.

For example: when you click on a Shift to edit a ****, you cannot add an extra person.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Tasks within Shifts

I use shifts to plan regular tasks for my co-workers. We have tasks that occur every month, week or day. Some tasks only take up to 1 hour (for example, cleaning a desk) and some tasks take up an entire day (for example, answer the door when the doorbell rings).
    It would be nice to plan within a shift a tasks/activity and assign a time to it. I know it's already possible to add shift activities, but these cannot overlap each other. Next to that, It would be great to have an overview of tasks (which need to be done,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Integrate Planner and Agenda to Shifts

It would be great to integrate planner and the Outlook Agenda to Shifts. Now I have to go back and forth from the Agenda and Planner, to see whether someone has a meeting of task to do, when I try to make the schedule for my team in Shifts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Attachements

Ability to Add Attachements to Shifts

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Shifts - Activities - Do not update activity start and end times based on new shift time

When a shift start or end time is changed, Shifts automatically changes the activity times within the shift. This is an issue when you have multiple activities set up that you don't want to change. For example, a team member is scheduled to work 8-4 with an activities from 11-12, 12-2 & 3-4. If I roster them from 10-6 instead, I want to keep their activities as scheduled but Shifts automatically changes the activity times based on the new shift hours.

To fix this I have to save the new shift times, then go back and change all the activity…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow owners to request open shifts

At the moment owners are not able to request open shifts for themselves. Our organization unit's Teams has multiple owners and some owners also do shifts. It'd be preferrable, if they could also request open shifts just like members do.

This is currently possible in the mobile app, but it'd be good to have this one Teams Desktop version as well!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Time count, holiday count in shifts

Can you add an overview per Team member with regular working hours per week, overtime account and holidays account? Approved holidays should update account automatically, time stamp clock should update time account

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Deselect all option when filtering team members in shifts

You can select several members of a team to show just their shifts. It would be good to have a select all option on the menu to clear your selection out and be able to view whole team again

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base