Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Post and edit a weekly work schedule for staffing and shifts

Can you create a tab or feature where a weekly work schedule of staffing can be posted so everyone can see when others are available? Have staff be able to add in their shift times and days, or make changes?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Scheduling

The manager is trying to do a feature for self scheduling. We have over 70 employees in our team and she is trying to make it fair for self scheduling. It would be nice to open up the schedule for certain employees instead of all members. Is there a way for the manager to create groups within teams for scheduling purposes to where she can click on one group and they are able to edit the schedule, then she closes that group and opens the next group to self schedule, but they can't edit or remove anyone else's time, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. signal in Shifts when staff runs low

our company uses Shifts also as a "day-off-calender". it would be nice if the team could see in an instant if there is still room for a holidayrequest. In Excel we used coditional formatting to give a immediate signal when there are already to many people absent so that the employee knows that an additional holiday on that certain day is no longer possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Employee can only see their entry into Shifts not the entire groups.

Is there a setting within a group to only allow the person to see their Shift entry and no one else's. Also want to make sure with this the Owner can see view everyone within the group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Biweekly calendar view

Currently, the view only shows day, week, and month. Pay periods are often biweekly which would be beneficial for this view to be available when scheduling.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Requests Print Capability

Currently, you cannot print out the approved or denied requests. Our organization needs to keep track of the reasoning behind each request in case of grievances. A print function that will show all requests, the reason for, and the manager comments would be beneficial.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hours offered vs. Hours scheduled

Currently, Microsoft Teams only tracks time off or hours scheduled. Our government organization needs to know how many hours an employee is offered each week (whether denied or accepted). This will allow managers to know who to offer future shifts to that week. At the moment it only counts employee hours if it is a confirmed shift, and time off requests do not count towards hours offered. It would be useful for a separate section that counts how many hours are offered and hour many hours are actually being worked by an individual.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Break reminder

It would be AMAZING if #shifts had a reminder option, like an #alarmclock feature. We need shifts to remind us #firstlineworkers to punch in and punch out. We keep forgetting, so we need a feature within Teams or Outlook that helps us remember!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Time clock start stop

would be nice to have Time clock start stop shortcut on mobile app when holding on app icon menu. Or an widget for start stop. Timesaver to clock in and clock out for first line workers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow sharing of draft schedules

Add the option to select certain members of a team to share schedules with. This allows for the sharing of drafts between managers to collaborate before publishing the schedule to the team in general or the affected employees.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shifts

Add the functionality to sync Teams Shifts to an Exchange calendar or external calendar application with an iCalendar link

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Import parameters

Please add more parameter columns to import from excel file in Shifts, e.g. Leave, Offs, Shift color, Custom Label

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Send my shift schedule (my shifts only) to family via i.e. 'Whatsapp'

Make it possible to send 'my shifts alone' list to family members without sending the whole workforce's rota (which would breach confidentiality) instead of writing out or printing especially when changes get added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add feature to save different shift assignments

It would be nice to be able to save different shift assignments and when I go to assign a new shift to an employee I can just select from the saved assignments. Snap Schedule has this exact feature, you should follow suit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add option to reply to time off requests without having to approve or deny request

I have employees that request time off through the app but it will not allow me to comment/reply back with questions. I can only comment if I approve or deny the request.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create a way for multiple shifts to role up to a central team or shift so that a manager can see multiple departments

I have a manager who runs multiple departments and we would like to see the ability to role multiple teams up to one shift view so he can see overlap and team usage

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Debería poderse abrir 2 sesiones para tener ventanas para en un lado ver chats y en otra ver documentos

Deberían habilitar para abrir dos sesiones para en una trabajar en chat a por ejemplo y en la otra ver los archivos.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In Microsoft Teams > Shifts we all need the feature to cancel by the user for confirmed request for shift.

In Microsoft Teams > Shifts we all need the feature to cancel by the user for a confirmed request for the shift. Currently, we have the only manager who has to manually release the assigned shifts to open shifts. This feature is really required for any organization to implement Shifts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams Shifts to Calendar - Subscribable Link

It would be great if not only Teams Shifts would automatically be added to a cal linked to the outlook account.

Ideally - I would love a live calendar that can be subscribed via link so that it is supported on both Microsoft, Apple and Android devices. So that I can see this on my non work devices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Exported timesheet with email address or account login

Include Email Address or Account Login in exported Timesheet not just the user's Display Name

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base