Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Approved holiday requests overwrite existing shift?

Whenever you approve a holiday or add time off it should replace the existing shift or overwrite that shift as a holiday.

Currently, it looks as though it just adds another shift aside the original.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shifts

Allow for shifts on mobile app to track location of users on the app rather then fixing the location to one place so you could track employees working remotely. Add the ability to punch into a shift on the desktop not just mobile app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Shifts - Add "more options" function in view by people

When in the view: "by people" option, it would be great to be have the same more options function that is available in the view: "by people".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. let us choose which view we want to open to in shifts

It seems that a week ago this started. when I look at shifts in teams, where our management posts our schedules. I used to see all my co-workers schedules. about a week ago it started highlighting just my schedule. I go into view and uncheck myself then check team. I can then see my co-workers schedules. but if i go to chat or check my email. it reverts back to myself. I had our IT department check. They gave me this like since microsoft made the change. I would like the option to be able to have shifts open up…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shifts Scheduler:

We are a manufacturing facility so our shift scheduling model is significantly different than the existing shifts model. Namely that our machine operators do not "Bid" for their shifts. They are assigned to a line and shift. Also there are multiple people who would have write access to the schedule. Currently only the Team owner can write to the schedule ( as far as I know ). Need the mechanism to assign Schedule readers and schedule read/ writers. The application is that we are using the Teams shift data via the Graph Beta Api to use as a multi time…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. notification email sent to the owners when the team members Clock in and out with Shifts. Also better to know who as clocked using calander

notification email sent to the owners when the team members Clock in and out with Shifts. Also better to know who as clocked using calander

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. SHIFT SCHEDULER LEAVING RECORDS OF DELETED ITEMS

Using the Graph API to PowerBi for to use the Shift Schedule for a multi time slicer.

1) While looking at the data I see there are records for Shift Groups, Shifts, Activites, etc. that were deleted but left in the tables.

2) Month view Shift editor does not retain the multiple rows when transitioning from one month to the other. Have to go to Day view on the first day of the month to get the second row started

3) When picking a schedule from a right click the activities of that shift are not copied. Have to copy…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Taams shifts linked to an IVR, so when you shift becomes active the IVR queue get changed to terminate with your phone number.

Teams shifts linked to an IVR. So when your shift becomes active the IVR queue get changed to terminate with your phone number.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enable a middle manager to only enter their information once so that their shift information is available to their manager and their staff.

Enable a middle manager to only enter their shift information once so that their shift information is available to both their manager and their staff.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Shifts - Add settings option to auto-share schedule changes with the team

When a change is made to a schedule it requires sharing it with the team. It would be nice to have an auto-share option to prevent accidentally forgetting to share a schedule change.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shifts Location Area

Allow a coordinate range to be used for time clock, instead of fixed point (ie. make a geo-fence area). This would allow teams to sign in from within the borders of a larger site with multiple buildings or work areas.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add external users shifts eg volunteers who don’t have an organisation 365 account

The example is to use shifts to rotor staff - so internal staff with 365 accounts AND external staff and volunteers who will not have an organisation 365 account. To send all users whether or not they are internal or external updates on shifts and be able to submit their availability and for the organisation to confirm shifts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Shifts: interaction with Scheduling Assistant

It would be great to have the option to see the Teams or Outlook Scheduling Assistant for all members of a group to allow for Shift allocation i.e. to see free time for each member before allocating a Shift.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Release Shifts

Can team member release their shifts and everybody on the team can see it, same way they can offer their shift to one team member, can they offer it to entire team?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Decrease minimum time blocks in Shifts to 15 mins

Our business model currently requires time blocks of 15 mins. Currently, Shifts only allows for a minimum of 30 mins.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Location

Option to Add a Address Clickable Link in a specific Shift.
    Option to Insert a Link from another site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Recurring shifts option in Shifts

Please add recurring functionality to shifts. Our shifts never change from each week in a 4 week rotation. It would be appreciated if we could use the recurring function to have the shift repeat itself instead of making a new schedule every month. Until this happens we will not be able to use this application that has so much good going for it. Until then we will continue to use an outlook calendar that can perform this function. We have the time to make changes to a schedule, not remake the schedule each month.

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Time Report via API/Graph

Really would like to get a final time report via the graph API. This would be so useful from an automation standpoint. Allow me to specify the employee name and the time period and give me total hours regular time and total hours overtime in return.
    This would let me send the data to my Payroll application and/or insert intermediate reports or approvals. If you're not going to do third-party integration yourself, at least let us do it by providing this report programatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A way to post across all shifts at the same time. This would allow everyone to find out about important work related items.

A way to post across all shifts at the same time. This would allow everyone to find out about important work related items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base