Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow users to see number of open slots

Currently only the owner can see how many slots are available in open shifts, but it would be helpful if users could see the number as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create Flexible Shift

Have the ability to have a fully flexible shift to show others in the Team when you will work from home, or when you will be working in another time zone. So not the actual shift that is defined but that you as a user can adopt it during the week.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. assign shifts in day view

You should be allowed to assign open shifts to members in day view. Currently it is only possible in week or month view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change the hours visible.

Along the top of Shifts it lists the hours of the day. Our business only works between 7am and 6pm. We don't want to see the hours between 12am-7am and 6pm to 12am. That would also make columns of 7am to 6pm wider and more information in those shifts will be visible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option to Display Activity Color Bars in Month View on Shifts

My team uses shifts as a forward scheduler for onsite and temporary engagements. Typically these last all day so a single entry is fine. However, we also use it to note when a team member has a doctors appointment, and typically block out that time period in the same day. This can get messy when viewing it in the Month view, since it adds an additional row.

We'd like to input these as Activities within the primary scheduled shift, and then have a color coded tick mark, or box, shown on the monthly view, so that we know to open…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to Swap Activites and Shift, Just Shift, or Activities only.

You can Swap a shift with a team member, but the ability to Swap Activites and Shift, Just Shift, or Activities only would be nice and for Multiple Days. Also, when requesting Time off, ability to choose what days to apply it to if it spans across a different scheduling week. I.E Time Is 2 weeks Monday-Friday, person work M-F, it would include the weekends not scheduled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. shifts show a team for a individual

let me a team member view whole teams shifts as default option under view
    when looking to book holiday i need to know whole team shift pattern - i shouldn't need to have to select Teams Shifts each time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Time-off calendar that shows multiple shifts

We have multiple shifts in multiple teams I would like to be able to see a Master time-off calendar that tells me who is gone without having to look at all of the separate shifts schedules individually.
    It would also work if time off was able to be posted to say an outlook calendar so I could use that as a master time-off calendar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In Shifts, lock the agents names column on the left

In Shifts, depending on your resolution, if you are scrolling over to the last day of the week or last days of the month, you can no longer see the column with the agents names. It would be useful if the names could be locked on the left and not scroll over with the schedule.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. End Of Shift Report (EOS)

We need employees to complete a report at the end of their shift, an EOS report. The Manager would create a template with a series of tasks to be checked off by the employee with the ability to add short notes to each category. Ideally, this report would be an app that lives inside Teams. The most important feature would be an option when the EOS report is completed and the employees submit their report, an email would automatically be sent to a distribution list with a copy of the EOS. I would also like a Maintenance area with a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. sort schedules in shifts

When viewing your schedule with the view set to People, it would be nice if you could sort the schedule in alphabetical order or by start time of the shifts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Open shift availability on phone apps and shift change history

Have the ability to add an open shift on phone apps. Shift history would be excellent to see under each individual shift tab as changes are made, rather than email notification.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Managers to be able to see who is Clocked on

Shifts is great, however there is no way to know who is on a shift or for managers to approve shift/time sheets. Managers also need the ability to end a shift in case someone has forgotten to clock off. I have used other services that are similar and these are key features that the Microsoft shifts is missing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When filtering in Shifts, it would be nice if you could type in the employees name instead of having to scroll down the list

When filtering in Shifts, it would be nice if you could type in the employees name instead of having to scroll down the list to select them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. シフトアプリについて

複数のチームに所属しているが、チーム間でシフトを共有できるようにしてほしい。
    外部に出る業務のとき、別のチームのシフトでは空き時間になっていて困る。チーム間でコピー&ペーストも出来ず1から入力しなければならない。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. shifts app to include shift colour and custom label in bulk excel sample data

Microsoft Teams - Shifts App Hi, Can you please look at including the possibility of including the "shift colour" and the "custom label" when using the bulk excel file to import the shifts. Currently both of these functions can only be used from within the teams app and are not part of the excel (bulk import) sample data. Very time consuming to change all of these. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Time Clock: Allow Owners to Review and Adjust Submitted Hours Before Exporting

We'd like to use Shifts for tracking employee hours. However, there are scenarios in which the employee's manager may need to adjust their hours sending them off to the payroll department (If an employee enters hours wrong, or is trying to sneak in extra hours).

We could try to edit the data in the exported excel sheet. However, however, that is messy and not suer friendly at all. Please allow for the ability to review and adjust hours before exporting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Insert or delete a shift and choose which way to shift

I would like to insert or delete a shift and have the option to shift right or left the way I can in MS Excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Have the ability to change the default view in the Shifts tab from just my shifts to the team. I have to change it every time and it's annoy

Please allow the default view to be changed from just my shifts to the team's shifts permanently without having to change the view each time I go back to the shifts tab. I know my shifts, generally I'm going to this tab to see when the other people in my team are on leave so I can arrange my days as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Include activities in exported excel file for schedules in shifts

When a schedule is exported from Shifts it does not include the activities to see the various tasks done by someone in a shift

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base