Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shifts may need some enhancement.

I Have been using When to Work (W2W) scheduling tool for last a few years. I find Shifts has similar features in it, however; it may need some improvement.
    1. Members in W2W can request time off and put it in the schedule and it goes to supervisor/manager to approve it.
    2. Members can get notification via email when their schedule has changed.
    3. Members can check their schedule via smart phone.
    4. Supervisor/managers receive email when someone put a request for time off.
    5. Shift name edit field should allow more characters input. Currently is limited

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Shifts in Microsoft Teams to be viewable by non-team members in a Sharepoint Web Part

We want employees of the firm to know which service desk technician is doing which shift each day, which they currently maintain through the Shifts app in Microsoft Teams for the Service Desk team. Only Service Desk members are part of that Team at the moment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow exclusion of Team members from Shifts

I added certain Team members to Shifts--but not all--and began adding shifts assigned to those members. At some point the other Team members populated into Shifts even though they will never be assigned to work shifts and we never need to see them in that view. And I can't take them out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Disallow a team owner to edit shift should not remove him/her from the team

It is surprising that the shift edit right is linked with the team owner role.
    And the most unexpected thing is that -- disallow a team owner to edit the shift will remove him/her from the team
    If MS thinks that all team owner should be allowed to edit the shift, then the owner on/off button should be hide when adding an owner into shift. The unexpected kick out result really scares me...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. "Shifts" improvements.

Hi Developers!
    Thank you for your time and everything you've done to make it working. Let me propose a few ideas about SHIFTS app.

As for me it could be very useful app to control working schedule and process incoming requests.

1. Under week view - highlight by grey color (or any other) a column of a current day so it would be easily recognized. Same for working hours that could be set in the settings

2. "Open shifts" row - would be goof if we can hide it in the settings.

3. Set standard working schedule. For now you can just copy\paste…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. allow more templating in shifts and apply to members

Allow more templates of shifts in the settings that automatically apply the appropriate lunch break depending on that template

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Shifts Schedule settings at company level so they apply to everyone.

Currently when you edit Shifts Settings in MS Teams the requests type list only applies to that specific schedule. It would be handy if we could make these admin level so they are generic and everyone has the same options.

It would also be cool if the color coding of each of these was applied at that level too rather than having to apply it every time time someone adds time off. Currently it's quite annoying as people could select "Sick Day" for example and both select different colors for it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Change control en Shifts

Check which of the owner manager makes change to the schedules

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Shifts disappear from Team B when deleting Team A

I am the owner of two Teams (Team A & Team B) and neither has a Shifts schedule created. Create new Shifts schedule and select to be created in Team B. Team A is no longer needed so it is deleted. However the Shifts schedule in Team B has also been deleted, and no option to create a new Shifts schedule in Team B is available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. shifts

Please allow the lunches to be visible in the full schedule. this should be a recurring item.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. iPad MS Teams SHIFTS does not render properly

On my ipad pro using the MS Teams version: 1.0.63
    iPad Version: 12.1 (16B92)
    I click on shifts and it loads like its on my iphone, please could you make it aware I am on my ipad and fill the screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be good to have thee date of the week commencing at the top of the page, near where there is the shifts title

It would be good to have thee date of the week commencing at the top of the page, near where there is the shifts title

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. shifts non licensed user

Allow non licensed users to be added to Shifts. We would like to use the scheduling feature, but do not need Office365 licenses for these people because they do not need email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. shifts adding unscheduled dates

When updating the 'shifts' facility within teams, I noticed a number of shifts had been added which I did not add. This is a worrying error with shifts and needs fixing urgently...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add labour cost to Shifts

Add the hourly or shift cost to an individual and by doing so allow shift costs to be easily calculated. At present we do this using a excel sheet but it requires a duplication of effort. This function is available on rota systems such as When I WOrk.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. document or web page links in Shifts notice area

We use Shifts to schedule our daily regular tasks in the IT area.
    It would be very helpful, if we could use a link in the notice area of a task.

This link would lead to a document or web page, which describes in detail what has to be done in that task.

At the moment you have to copy the link to the clipboard, open a web browser window and paste the link in the URL area. This is especially on a smartphone not really efficient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Debería poderse abrir 2 sesiones para tener ventanas para en un lado ver chats y en otra ver documentos

Deberían habilitar para abrir dos sesiones para en una trabajar en chat a por ejemplo y en la otra ver los archivos.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In Microsoft Teams > Shifts we all need the feature to cancel by the user for confirmed request for shift.

In Microsoft Teams > Shifts we all need the feature to cancel by the user for a confirmed request for the shift. Currently, we have the only manager who has to manually release the assigned shifts to open shifts. This feature is really required for any organization to implement Shifts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Connect the Shifts app to a Team Channel

I have a small group of Project Managers but we all belong to one Team Channel. I would like to be able to connect the Shifts App to the Team Page so anyone whom is associated to that page can see when my team is in office or not at any given time. Allows for less searching as well as whom to contact when an associate is out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams Shifts to Calendar - Subscribable Link

It would be great if not only Teams Shifts would automatically be added to a cal linked to the outlook account.

Ideally - I would love a live calendar that can be subscribed via link so that it is supported on both Microsoft, Apple and Android devices. So that I can see this on my non work devices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base