Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow planner to assign resource based on shift schedule

I would like to see an option where if i am creating a task in planner that it could look to shifts in a team for the available resource and auto assign. As part of that if the task due date moves have it reassign accordingly. We Use Teams to identify who the assigned resource is for a set length of time and it would be very beneficial to have this functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let my staff clock in when not rostered on

My staff cannot clock in if i call them in to cover a shift without me needing to update the roster first. Staff should be able to clock in for unscheduled shifts without a roster update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to enter an Address Link to a shift

We are a service company and work at different sites. Would be nice to set an address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Desktop app needs a Shifts - Profile view for employees similar to Mobile app

In the Mobile app, I can click on a team member and see a Profile view, including their Shifts info, like "Next Shift", "Shift Schedule", and "View Time Sheet" for that employee.

It would be nice to have a Profile view in the desktop app similar to the Mobile app, for a consistent UI/UX between the two.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow view of employee time sheets in Desktop app

In the Mobile app, I can view the profile of an employee, which allows me to see info like "Next Shift" and "Shift Schedule" for that employee, but most importantly, and missing from the Desktop app, is "View Time Sheet".

There seems to be no way to see time sheet info in the desktop app, other than to export a date range to excel.

A similar "Profile View" in the desktop app would be nice and give a consistent UI/UX, but even in lieu of that, just some way to see Time Sheets in the desktop app would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Set employee hour limits per each employee

I work at a university where international students are only allowed to work up to 20 hours per week and domestic students are only allowed to work 25 hours per week. I would like to set an hour limit based on the type of user to ensure employees do not go over on hours.

Additionally, it would be nice if they offered to cover a shift for someone else that it would automatically decrement the shift so they are only at their alloted max hour limit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Shift Requests Expire after the date has passed

Currently when employees request a day off--like when they are sick, but no one is able to cover, if they take no action on the request it stays clogged in their request queue. When the day of the request comes and goes it should expire into a different queue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Shifts Employee In/Out of office feature

It would be awesome if there was a tab that you could open in Shifts that employees could quickly access and click that they are in or out of the office. It would also be beneficial if the whole team could view everyone's in/out status on the same tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can the same drop down feature for add time off be replicated in add shift?

Hi, Can the same drop down feature for add time off be replicated in add shift?

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shift Allowance

We pay shift allowance to our team, that means each morning or evening shift has fix amount as allowance and is paid per employee per month.

Can we add some options to define an amount per shift one time and it get copied whenever that shift is used. And a total of each month per resourceAs an example- as it shows the total time per month for a resource.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add personnel to shift that are not on org (temp staff or pending credentials)

It seems if new personnel are not on org, they cannot be assigned a shift that's in an open post. It would be nice to be able to assign temps or people waiting for credential setup to a shift that's open.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In SHIFTS we would like to be able to set the default colors in the time off area

Though colors can be changed after the time is entered, we would like for the default option to be configurable specifically under the time off section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pin People list in Shifts

In Shifts, Month view the only way to view the full month in one go is to maximise the window which isn't always possible due to screen size etc.

It would be good if the list of people could be pinned or doesn't move when you scroll across to view other days in the month.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Notes to display when a member creates time off on Shifts

When a member creates a time off request, the notes don't automatically display. The owner needs to copy them in to display. This would be easier to manage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Shifts Color Scheme and Showing Notes

Shifts is a great tool. More color schemes for assigned shifts and something noting a comment in a shift. It would allow more diversity creating assigned shifts and let me know if someone has something going on with that shift. "Activities" is the same, does not show on month view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Functionality to add days off like bank holidays in Shifts that will apply for all team members.

It would be great to add days off in Shifts that will apply for all members of the group. It should be set by Group as we may have people located in different countries.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add the shift key as another line not as a send

It is annoying and to hit the shift key in a chat and have it send the msg. Use only the send for that. I have msgs that need multiple lines!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Display Shifts on screen in office

We would want to show Shifts for the current week on a monitor in the hallway. A "broadcast" mode that can be publically available and be embedded in a webpage without the "windowdressing" - just the schedule for the upcoming week/month/day whaterver. Then reloads to the correct timeframe when time is up. Right now I have created a plugin which does that in chrome, but it would be more reliable if done out of the box.
    Note: we use Shifts mainly to keep track of peoples vacations and out of office for an easy access across the organisation, without making…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base