Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. tabs

For my work I have to look at A LOT of files in a lot of different teams, while chatting with team members. Every time someone chats me, I lose my place in a file/team. I'll have a powerpoint deck open that I'm looking at, and be talking to someone about and I can't switch between the two. Give us TABS. Let us chat and keep multiple places open until WE choose to close them. It would save so much time. It's frustrating to have to click through 100 things again to find my spot AGAIN and then lose it…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Swifts - Sceduling reports

As admin you can export a time report in the settings of Shifts.
    I would like to see an option to scedule the report daily each week.

Combinding this with Flow would be amazing!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Option to Hide Group Shifts

Within the team I am a part of, there are individual groups for the various departments in our organization. Everyone's schedule in every group is visible to me, but I do not want to see every other department's schedule, just mine. Having the option to hide different group shifts would be very helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Holiday Acceptance Editing during acceptance

I changed all my granted holiday requests to green so they are easily visible on the planner, when i accept a holiday request they default to grey when accepted, is there a way when i'm accepting a request i can alter the colour and shift times etc.
    Also my team will generally request a full day but really they should just request the hours they would be on shift. If i could alter this to fit correctly and change the colours to the correct ones as i accept it would save me having to do it after the fact?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can’t add users in the Shifts app in Microsoft Teams

We are aware that we are not able to add user who does not have the first name and the last name registered in Microsoft 365 admin center.
    So, it would be great if we could add users without entering the first name and the last name in Shifts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow users to offer a Shift to their entire group

If a user is unable to work a shift and needs someone from their group to cover for them, they should be able to offer the shift to all users in their group. There is already functionality for offering to multiple users, but in a group with 20+ people it becomes a bit unwieldy to select everybody.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to add time off to other users shift in the mobile app

I would like to be able to add Time Off and assign it to a user within the mobile app. Currently it only lets you request time off for yourself. When staff call in Sick or take a holiday i want to be able to make the change whilst on the move.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Default shift pattern

Ability to add a default shift pattern for users that can be updated to reflect different working hours temporarily or holidays

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. automatically add a preset colour .. i.e. Working at home becomes yellow, sick is Grey etc

automatically add a preset colour .. i.e. Working at home becomes yellow, sick is Grey etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can you introduce a thick line/marker in the week view to delineate between users' shifts?

Can you introduce a thick line/marker in the week view to delineate between each users' shifts?
    At the moment it can be hard to see each persons bookings as they blur into 1.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Share schedule changes with affected employee

Share schedule changes with affected employee

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Employees frequently call out when I only have access to my mobile device. I need access to the entire schedule to get coverage.

Employees frequently call out when I only have access to my mobile device. I need access to the entire schedule to get coverage

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reports to track hours utilisation, more colors and

My team is actively using Shifts to schedule teacher calendars. It would be useful:-

1. to be able to set weekly contracted hours for each staff prior to creating a shifts so that utilisation hours can tracked against it. (Eg. A staff is contracted to work 20 hours a week, it would be good to see the shift hours against it)

2. Not have the Shift Name replace the Time in display

3. Have more colour options to code things/ a coding system that allows automated flagging of clashes between shifts/ overtime or even cancellations.

4. More options to extract reports to track hours…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Our organization needs to be able to schedule 24 hour shifts, but at this time will only go from 7a-6:45a the next day for tracking hours.

Our organization needs to be able to schedule 24 hour shifts, but at this time will only go from 7a-6:45a the next day. Otherwise tracking hours is inconsistent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Open Shifts viewable to everyone on the Team

I would like the option for everyone on the team to see open Shifts, not just the people in the subgroup where the Open shift is available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adding notes to shifts

the notes system is incredibly annoying that you can select the middle of text (and it even moves the cursor) but you cant type/amend anything,it just adds it to the end, so you have to press delete all the way back to the error and type it all out again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Send message to Staff currently working

In Staffhub there is the "Now" button at the bottom and I could quickly see who's working and send an individual a message or everyone. I find the chat/txt capability in Shifts cumbersome.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change "Theme" to "Category"

Instead of "Theme" call it "Category" and allow them to be editable (at an admin level). I would like to measure work based on different clients, but trying to keep track of who is "white" and who is "blue" is difficult

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shifts-Time Clock (Mix of Time Clock and no Time Clock employees)

I'm glad you have released the Time Clock feature within Teams. It would be great if we could turn the Time Clock/Shifts off/on per user for those that are Salaried, so it doesn't show in Shifts app. We would want to keep their shift hours (currently viewable in Shifts app. and also have the ability for Requests (Time Off, etc), We also have no need (when salaried) to export their work hours since fixed hours for Payroll.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Shifts- Work Days, like M-F (no Sat/Sun)

You currently have the ability to select the starting day (like Monday), but in our situation, we only work M-F, so this makes creating schedule more cumbersome since I have to skip over Sat/Sun. Seems you could allow ending day of the week or maybe a checkbox for each day worked.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base