Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change control en Shifts

Check which of the owner manager makes change to the schedules

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow more settings to be customised

Allow things like the colour palette to be customised for things like shifts, planner etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Shifts disappear from Team B when deleting Team A

I am the owner of two Teams (Team A & Team B) and neither has a Shifts schedule created. Create new Shifts schedule and select to be created in Team B. Team A is no longer needed so it is deleted. However the Shifts schedule in Team B has also been deleted, and no option to create a new Shifts schedule in Team B is available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. shifts

Please allow the lunches to be visible in the full schedule. this should be a recurring item.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. iPad MS Teams SHIFTS does not render properly

On my ipad pro using the MS Teams version: 1.0.63
    iPad Version: 12.1 (16B92)
    I click on shifts and it loads like its on my iphone, please could you make it aware I am on my ipad and fill the screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be good to have thee date of the week commencing at the top of the page, near where there is the shifts title

It would be good to have thee date of the week commencing at the top of the page, near where there is the shifts title

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. shifts non licensed user

Allow non licensed users to be added to Shifts. We would like to use the scheduling feature, but do not need Office365 licenses for these people because they do not need email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. shifts adding unscheduled dates

When updating the 'shifts' facility within teams, I noticed a number of shifts had been added which I did not add. This is a worrying error with shifts and needs fixing urgently...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Define Clock in/out Parameters

The ability to define the clock in/out parameters would be helpful. For example, if an employee is scheduled to start work at 9:00 AM, a manager could set a restriction for the earliest clock-in time being 5 minutes before the start of the shift. This helps keep employee pay in-line with their schedule, and encourages them to start work when their shift actually starts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "conflict" in shifts

there needs to be a more telling marking than "conflict" in the Shifts-Overview or a information, what causes the conflic ... like absentee-time, vacation, other booked shift e.g.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sorting Options For Owners in Shifts

Allow us to sort people by currently having a shift assigned and people who don't have shifts assigned be at the bottom of the screen to avoid massive gaps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sync Shifts Schedule to Sharepoint Online Calendar

I'd like to have the ability to sync our Shifts schedule to a Sharepoint online calendar. This would be very beneficial to our company.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Team Owners to edit employee availability in Shifts app.

I would like to manually approve and then enter my team member's availability myself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Set the default as no groups filtered rather than them all - prevents CPU spike and slowness.

By default, all groups are filtered in when opening the app and that causes a massive spike in CPU as its trying to pull in all data. Would it not be better to start with nothing filtered as the user can then select what they want to see without having to wait 2 or 3 minutes for everything to load.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams Shifts Connectors: Add schedulingGroup into ListShifts and GetShift

Please could we have SchedulingGroup included in each shift that is returned using the Logic App Connector - Teams Shifts (List Shifts and Get Shift).
    Shifts are grouped by SchedulingGroup and it would be helpful to be able to identify which shift is within which Scheduling Group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Scrolling left to right in Shifts

When scrolling left to right in shifts when it is windowized, the staff names do not drag along so you cannot tell whose shift you are editing at the end of the list. It makes it difficult to have multiple windows open and edit the shifts at the same time. The names should detach and move left to right as you scroll.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Use Shifts to assign desks (Desk Sharing / Not to many people at the office during Corona)

In our office, due to Corona, we are not allowed to use all desk so we can keep our distance.
    We use Shifts to assign desks to people.
    We use Open Shifts and named them with a desk number. People can request an Open Shift Desk.

It would be nice if it's possible to give an shift (desk in this case) back as Open Shift so someone else can take it.

Or add location to a shift?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Looking for an ability to enter various rotation/roles for 6 months out for the team

In my team we have a shift schedule for 6 different roles. We enter the shift data, person and role for up to 6 months out. Today we use shared Outlook calendar and we can import from an Excel sheet and build the schedule very quickly for 6 month out. Would like to have this ability in Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create Shifts Time Clock Dashboard

I set up a log-in tool in powerapps for our office but would happily switch to shifts as a solution. However, one advantage of the powerapp is that everyone can easily see for what kind of activity (shift/day off etc) and where everyone curently is. If there was a way to have a status dashboard based on the time clock information, that would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base