Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. want to use all contents from excel to shifts for import function

the shifts has a lot of contents(color , additional activity ,day off and vacation etc...) , but import function have not full cover.
    could you please add all possibility contents.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Approved holiday requests overwrite existing shift?

Whenever you approve a holiday or add time off it should replace the existing shift or overwrite that shift as a holiday.

Currently, it looks as though it just adds another shift aside the original.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Assign a shift manager to manage a single group.

It would be great if you could assign a manager to a specific group in shifts. Right now specific shifts have the ability to split out into different groups. It would be great if you could assign a manager to the different groups so they can manage the schedules independently.

Another option would be to possibly allow for a different calendar for a private channel.

I can see multiple uses for this. For example, in a restaurant, you have different managers for FOH and Kitchen and they handle the schedules individually. And it doesn't always make sense you would make…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. MS Shifts, part of MS Teams, the product badly needs better views and show whole words

• it would be nice to be able to zoom in to a tighter window, i.e. 8hrs instead of an entire day.
    • It would be nice to see the entire name for the Shift activity rather than just the code (i.e. ‘Results’ instead of ‘Re’)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow a list of designated approves for time off requests in Shifts

Provide a setting for a designated list of approvers for requests so that everyone cannot approve their own request

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In Shifts - The ability to move a member to a different group

I would like to be able to move a "member" to a different "group" without having to delete a member from one group and start them again in a different group. Similar to how you're able to move members around in the same group.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show Clock in/out times as a tab in Shifts.

Our company would like to keep track of real-time hours that employees are working. It would be nice to have a tab in Shifts to show exact details on employees clocking in/out with Shifts from their phone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show Calendar in SHIFTS requests

I think there should be a calendar for requests to see when other teammates are requesting time or already have time off approved so as to not overlap. this promotes better self management in teams when requesting time off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Shifts - Add settings option to auto-share schedule changes with the team

When a change is made to a schedule it requires sharing it with the team. It would be nice to have an auto-share option to prevent accidentally forgetting to share a schedule change.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Custom time period overview

The ability to view a certain amount of days or weeks starting from any given date would a great addition to Shift.

We have a repeating shift pattern which doesn't line up with months, so for us a 4 week overview would be great. I can imagine all the different kinds of shift patterns other users have, so i believe adding this option would benefit many users

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Preferred breaks

It would be nice to be able to input your preferred breaks into shifts. For example, I start at 6am. My preferred break would be 10/10.30. Rather than the system giving me a 9am break. I really struggle after my break I prefer the shorter time after my break.

Being able to see your break on shifts too would be a help. You could plan things on your break in advance, such as scheduling a phone call on your break or meeting someone on your break.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multi-week View in Shifts

We need the ability to see the shift calendar in 6 week blocks, instead of only day, week, and month. We run a six week rotation and it makes more sense to view it in term of weekly rotations, the month view cuts too many shifts of in the middle. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Vacant Position in Shifts & Changing Person assigned to shifts

Hi, we are reviewing using shifts functionality within our hospital as a possible way of doing our doctor rota. When we have a post which is 'vacant' with no doctor filling it, we need to demonstrate those shifts on the rota (in this case it would be shifts schedule) clearly as an 'employee' as such instead of as 'Open Shifts'. Is there going to be a way to have a 'vacant' employee where there is no one assigned? Also will it be possible to change the person in a post as our staff 'rotate' to another specialty at least twice…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Recurring shifts option in Shifts

Please add recurring functionality to shifts. Our shifts never change from each week in a 4 week rotation. It would be appreciated if we could use the recurring function to have the shift repeat itself instead of making a new schedule every month. Until this happens we will not be able to use this application that has so much good going for it. Until then we will continue to use an outlook calendar that can perform this function. We have the time to make changes to a schedule, not remake the schedule each month.

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Schedule swaps: need away to track who requested, who accepted, and who approved.

Schedule swaps, need to be able to see who requested, who accepted, and who approved. Employee didn’t show up for work and swap says: “one or more shifts was not found and may have been deleted”. How do I show employee that she accepted this swap?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Undo button in shifts

If I accidentally delete a shift it would be great to have an undo option

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. assign colors in Shifts members schedule

I would like to assign default colors to members so they are shown
    in Scheduling Calendar. At this time, when you schedule a shift, you have to select a color. Each member should have a default color. See Attached File

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow manager to edit time sheets

Currently only employees can edit their own time sheet entries. It would be useful sometimes for a manager to be able to edit time sheets.

Granted, this would make much more sense in the desktop app, which would require some way to see time sheets in the desktop app
    See related post:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/39747670-allow-view-of-employee-time-sheets-in-desktop-app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Requests: type of shift

Under request you can only ask:
    - Time off
    - Swap
    - Offer

in our company if we want to work from home we have to ad a request for our superior. At the moment the only option is to add a category under time off to request "Work from home" but this way it then miscount the hours of work.

Would it be possible to add an option to request approval for a special type of Shift and add shift categories?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Shifts in order of time

When looking at shifts, if there is time off and a shift in a person's profile...it is out of order. I would like to see someone's shift at 8am-5pm and then their time off item 5pm-10pm.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base