Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Vacant Position in Shifts & Changing Person assigned to shifts

Hi, we are reviewing using shifts functionality within our hospital as a possible way of doing our doctor rota. When we have a post which is 'vacant' with no doctor filling it, we need to demonstrate those shifts on the rota (in this case it would be shifts schedule) clearly as an 'employee' as such instead of as 'Open Shifts'. Is there going to be a way to have a 'vacant' employee where there is no one assigned? Also will it be possible to change the person in a post as our staff 'rotate' to another specialty at least twice…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Recurring shifts option in Shifts

Please add recurring functionality to shifts. Our shifts never change from each week in a 4 week rotation. It would be appreciated if we could use the recurring function to have the shift repeat itself instead of making a new schedule every month. Until this happens we will not be able to use this application that has so much good going for it. Until then we will continue to use an outlook calendar that can perform this function. We have the time to make changes to a schedule, not remake the schedule each month.

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Time Report via API/Graph

Really would like to get a final time report via the graph API. This would be so useful from an automation standpoint. Allow me to specify the employee name and the time period and give me total hours regular time and total hours overtime in return.
    This would let me send the data to my Payroll application and/or insert intermediate reports or approvals. If you're not going to do third-party integration yourself, at least let us do it by providing this report programatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A way to post across all shifts at the same time. This would allow everyone to find out about important work related items.

A way to post across all shifts at the same time. This would allow everyone to find out about important work related items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow planner to assign resource based on shift schedule

I would like to see an option where if i am creating a task in planner that it could look to shifts in a team for the available resource and auto assign. As part of that if the task due date moves have it reassign accordingly. We Use Teams to identify who the assigned resource is for a set length of time and it would be very beneficial to have this functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Let my staff clock in when not rostered on

My staff cannot clock in if i call them in to cover a shift without me needing to update the roster first. Staff should be able to clock in for unscheduled shifts without a roster update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. assign colors in Shifts members schedule

I would like to assign default colors to members so they are shown
    in Scheduling Calendar. At this time, when you schedule a shift, you have to select a color. Each member should have a default color. See Attached File

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to enter an Address Link to a shift

We are a service company and work at different sites. Would be nice to set an address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Desktop app needs a Shifts - Profile view for employees similar to Mobile app

In the Mobile app, I can click on a team member and see a Profile view, including their Shifts info, like "Next Shift", "Shift Schedule", and "View Time Sheet" for that employee.

It would be nice to have a Profile view in the desktop app similar to the Mobile app, for a consistent UI/UX between the two.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow manager to set availability for employees

It would be useful in some scenarios for a manager to be able to set availability for employees. Currently only employees can set this, and only in the mobile app. I'd like to be able to set it as well, and it'd be nice to be able to do with from the desktop app in the context of and in a similar way to how I can set shifts.

The way we're using Shifts (mainly for Time Clock, but somewhat for Scheduling) is for student workers, who I already have availability info for, and who we don't necessarily set fixed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow view of employee time sheets in Desktop app

In the Mobile app, I can view the profile of an employee, which allows me to see info like "Next Shift" and "Shift Schedule" for that employee, but most importantly, and missing from the Desktop app, is "View Time Sheet".

There seems to be no way to see time sheet info in the desktop app, other than to export a date range to excel.

A similar "Profile View" in the desktop app would be nice and give a consistent UI/UX, but even in lieu of that, just some way to see Time Sheets in the desktop app would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Set employee hour limits per each employee

I work at a university where international students are only allowed to work up to 20 hours per week and domestic students are only allowed to work 25 hours per week. I would like to set an hour limit based on the type of user to ensure employees do not go over on hours.

Additionally, it would be nice if they offered to cover a shift for someone else that it would automatically decrement the shift so they are only at their alloted max hour limit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Shift Requests Expire after the date has passed

Currently when employees request a day off--like when they are sick, but no one is able to cover, if they take no action on the request it stays clogged in their request queue. When the day of the request comes and goes it should expire into a different queue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shifts Employee In/Out of office feature

It would be awesome if there was a tab that you could open in Shifts that employees could quickly access and click that they are in or out of the office. It would also be beneficial if the whole team could view everyone's in/out status on the same tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Conflicting Shifts in multiple teams

A user is member of 1.2.3-8 teams.
    The user is holding a shift the first of December from 9-17.
    The user is shifting teams in the app. This team owner is requesting someone to take a open shift at the first of December in the peak hours from 10-14.
    The user want’s to help, and takes the shift. This is a conflicting shift – but there is no warning.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can the same drop down feature for add time off be replicated in add shift?

Hi, Can the same drop down feature for add time off be replicated in add shift?

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shift Allowance

We pay shift allowance to our team, that means each morning or evening shift has fix amount as allowance and is paid per employee per month.

Can we add some options to define an amount per shift one time and it get copied whenever that shift is used. And a total of each month per resourceAs an example- as it shows the total time per month for a resource.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Colour Code Time Off Requests

Have each Custom Option for Time Off Requests as a different colour, instead of having to manually change each time you choose an option. This would make things so much easier to see at a glance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add personnel to shift that are not on org (temp staff or pending credentials)

It seems if new personnel are not on org, they cannot be assigned a shift that's in an open post. It would be nice to be able to assign temps or people waiting for credential setup to a shift that's open.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base