Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notes to display when a member creates time off on Shifts

When a member creates a time off request, the notes don't automatically display. The owner needs to copy them in to display. This would be easier to manage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shifts Color Scheme and Showing Notes

Shifts is a great tool. More color schemes for assigned shifts and something noting a comment in a shift. It would allow more diversity creating assigned shifts and let me know if someone has something going on with that shift. "Activities" is the same, does not show on month view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Functionality to add days off like bank holidays in Shifts that will apply for all team members.

It would be great to add days off in Shifts that will apply for all members of the group. It should be set by Group as we may have people located in different countries.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add the shift key as another line not as a send

It is annoying and to hit the shift key in a chat and have it send the msg. Use only the send for that. I have msgs that need multiple lines!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Display Shifts on screen in office

We would want to show Shifts for the current week on a monitor in the hallway. A "broadcast" mode that can be publically available and be embedded in a webpage without the "windowdressing" - just the schedule for the upcoming week/month/day whaterver. Then reloads to the correct timeframe when time is up. Right now I have created a plugin which does that in chrome, but it would be more reliable if done out of the box.
    Note: we use Shifts mainly to keep track of peoples vacations and out of office for an easy access across the organisation, without making…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Shift schedule

Shift swap. Option should be there to swap your week offs also. If you have week off on Monday and you want to swap it to Friday which is working day for yourself, this feature should be developed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Attach colour to the "Time Off" options

Can we set a standard colour to the time off requests? At the moment this is being done manually and we are having to remember the colours for each type of leave e.g. Annual Leave = Green, Leave in Lieu = Blue, Public Holiday = Pink etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Activity Feed including Shifts

Shifts activities are showing up in the Activity Feed on mobile, but not on the Teams client for Windows or Mac. This should be consistent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Visible to see all teams assigned to a shift on a given day in shifts

I make a shift for a given day and on this day we have 6 slots but the other team members cannot see who else is working with them on that day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Better Employee TimeClock

I like to see a stationary Timeclock that allow user to punch in at the appropriate destination rather than having the app. I saw some employees that have ancient phone that can barely download any apps.

I was wondering can a computer or a tablet be use as the main stationary clocking in and out.

I also would like to see a live clock in and out function, rather than exporting the report file every time just to see clock in and out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shifts Master Schedule

It would be helpful if Shifts allowed you to save a master schedule to copy from when building new weeks. I understand there is a template feature but you need to export from Excel. At least with how we are using Shifts, allowing a master schedule to be saved within the program would be helpful for teams that initially have set schedules that are then altered due to time off requests, shift swaps and open shifts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Shift Overview

Currently it's only possible to export for 1 month.

I would love to have a overview in Teams where i can see:
    Who have worked how many hours, Holidays etc.

Maybe like:

Name | Should | IS | Holiday | Total
    Lucien | 160 | 100 | 20 | -40

Also, I've someone enter holiday for like 5 Days at the export
    it counts 120hour instead of 5*8 = 40 hour. Maybe it would be nice to set an hour multiplayer for every person, for Full time and Part time people.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Undo button in Shifts

A function to allow you to "undo" the placement of a Shift. There are times when I have accidentally placed a new Shift on top of one that was just added. It would be beneficial to have an "undo" button (or even allow ctrl + z) to undo that action, and not have to delete and then re-add information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. open in new window shifts

I would be very useful to can open shifts page in new window, or as tab

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Real Time Shift Dashboard

To help manage team availability, it will be great if we can see who is on break in real time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. please allow the option of time-off requests to be posted in multiple department schedules

When user A is a member of two departments, Team 1 and Team 2, and he sends a time off request in the schedule of Team 1, after the manager approves the time off request, only members in Team 1 can see this approved time off request, but Team 2 needs to see it as well.

Could there be an option to post a time-off request to multiple department schedules (Team 1 AND Team 2) and choose the which ones?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability for the admin to restrict "sharing" settings for shifts.

We have 10 different people who simultaneously make changes to our full shift schedule. It would be helpful to have a setting that would share ONLY the changes that one individual made, rather than all un-shared changes. It would also be helpful for the admin to be able to restrict the ability for anyone to "share with entire team." My managers regularly share the schedule to the entire team on accident instead of only to "affect members" which always leads to firstline workers texting/calling and asking "it says you changed my schedule but I don't see anything." Being able to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove the character limit on labels for shifts

As there isn't a currently capability to display shifts in the local timezones of the users/members of the groups, we are trying to work around this by identifying the region and shift times through a label, but it has a character limitation that is making it difficult to work well for the team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)