Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mobile Access

I have the teams app for android and I'm not seeing the option to see my shifts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability in "View by Shift" to see at a glance who's assigned to the tasks

When viewing the shifts grouped by shift an option to show with a view of who is covering that work would be useful.

Currently you have to uncover it with the mouseover event.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. On SHIFTS New Request add one more tab or the ability to add a tab of choice for a request.

The "Request" window needs one or two more options. Add "preference" or "available" and or a "blank tab" the owner may customize for the team. An example: I need a tab that allows my staff to tell me which weekend they prefer to work and then which days off they prefer as time off for the weekend worked. This feature makes the staff happy as they feel they have some control over their scheduling. The window should have Start date, end date, start time, end time and the reasons are "other", "prefered hours", available. And the notes section. and the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Shifts in Microsoft Teams to be viewable by non-team members in a Sharepoint Web Part

We want employees of the firm to know which service desk technician is doing which shift each day, which they currently maintain through the Shifts app in Microsoft Teams for the Service Desk team. Only Service Desk members are part of that Team at the moment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Be able to view a customizable date range in shifts

Right now you can only view shifts by "day" "week" or "month" and it would be more useful to be able to select a date rang. For example if I'm planning from Wednesday-Wednesday and the month changes in the middle of that range, I currently have to switch back and forth between 2 different "week" views in order to see the schedule. I'd like to be able to look at variable (potentially 2 week) increments, or at the very least be able to select the start and end date of the specified increments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. how to add team schedules in shifts? Now it says: It looks like there aren’t any team schedules for you yet...what does that mean?

how to add team schedules in shifts? Now it says: It looks like there aren’t any team schedules for you yet...what does that mean?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Time tracking as on Staffhub is missing

it would be great to see real hours in compare to planned hours.
    And if there would be tracked hours as API-object it can be inegrated into third party systems.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Leave Totals

If we were to move across to this it would be vital to have a tally of leave. I would need a pot with 25 days and everytime someone requests leave it takes a day off that total so they know how much there is left to take. Is this possible?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shifts - Include a "Share All" button or checkbox on the "Share Shift" page

After spending a few minutes entering all my vacation time and otherwise unavailable periods, i click to share and I'd like to be able to share all newly entered dates. As it is, I have to click Share after each addition causing unnecessary notifications to be sent to team members for each addition. Or select ranges of dates on the "Share with Team" page that only allows a two month spread.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show Shifts requests in calendar to make planning easier

Make it easier to plan vacation for the whole teams by showing the requests in the calendar view. It should be obvious when a team member is not available to work because he has been granted or has requested time off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How can I search for a comment, title, or event in Shifts when I'm looking at the calendar view?

For example, I know there is an employee who is going to be out for two hours to attend a class. I entered "class" in the notes so that I'd remember. But when I try to find the employee and date of the class, I cannot figure out how to search without going through each week manually until I find the note.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shifts in Teams and Staffhub should be integrated in to a single app.

Creating two apps for the same purpose is literally very confusing, Instead of creating a new shifts app, why can't you just integrated the staffhub in to teams. This is very handy.

Dump the staffhub android app and integrate the staffhub completely in to teams. Staffhub android app is not usable at all. Make the life easier, don't make it complex please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Availability for specific days and viewable for everyone

We are using Shifts to make schedules for our service desk. We are missing a few features when it comes to availability:

- You can only set a default availability for every week. We would love to see that for specific days so that the shift leader can see when every teammember is available for work.
    - Thereby the teammembers would like to see what the availability of the rest of the team is. With this feature being implemented the team can see with who they can trade shifts when they want to take a day off in a already…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Assigning shifts to users on a varied rotation

Apply a non-standard shift on a rotation. For instance we use 24 hours on, 24 hours off, 24 hours on, 120 hours off

So schedule would rotate as follows:
    M, W
    T, TH
    W, FR
    TH,SA
    FR
    M, W

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. error message when adding person to shifts

The following error message keeps coming up when I'm trying to add a particular person to Shifts (in Teams):

"We ran into a problem saving the member. Please try again later"

I have tried several times and still the same error message. Any ideas?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "Shifts" improvements.

Hi Developers!
    Thank you for your time and everything you've done to make it working. Let me propose a few ideas about SHIFTS app.

As for me it could be very useful app to control working schedule and process incoming requests.

1. Under week view - highlight by grey color (or any other) a column of a current day so it would be easily recognized. Same for working hours that could be set in the settings

2. "Open shifts" row - would be goof if we can hide it in the settings.

3. Set standard working schedule. For now you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Meetings in Teams to sync with Shifts (also in Teams)

In Staff Hub you could use Flow as an "add-on" to sync Staff Hub with your outlook calendar. I know Flow isn't yet available for Teams, but I wonder if there's a simpler way. Meetings on teams syncs with outlook so why can't Shifts and Meetings "talk" to each other and that way the data would auto transfer to outlook?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Shifts

Currently there is no way for a free teams user to use shifts in an integrated way with a paid for teams environment.

I have many users with O365 business essentials or premium and we use teams heavily. We also use staff hub with many free users for our front line workers.

I want to be able for these free users to be able to move to shifts while integrating with my paid user environment. I.e. a manager with a business premium license can schedule a free user in the same team.

I have been through support and the only…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.