Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Attach colour to the "Time Off" options

Can we set a standard colour to the time off requests? At the moment this is being done manually and we are having to remember the colours for each type of leave e.g. Annual Leave = Green, Leave in Lieu = Blue, Public Holiday = Pink etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Activity Feed including Shifts

Shifts activities are showing up in the Activity Feed on mobile, but not on the Teams client for Windows or Mac. This should be consistent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add shifts view bij quarter and year (same as day/week/month)

Now we have the possibility to view bij day/week/month, we like also a view per quarter and per year

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Better Employee TimeClock

I like to see a stationary Timeclock that allow user to punch in at the appropriate destination rather than having the app. I saw some employees that have ancient phone that can barely download any apps.

I was wondering can a computer or a tablet be use as the main stationary clocking in and out.

I also would like to see a live clock in and out function, rather than exporting the report file every time just to see clock in and out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Need to be able to cancel or modify a request that has been approved

allow the front line workers that have submitted the requested time off to change or modify a request that has been approved and then resubmit to manager for approval.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Shifts Master Schedule

It would be helpful if Shifts allowed you to save a master schedule to copy from when building new weeks. I understand there is a template feature but you need to export from Excel. At least with how we are using Shifts, allowing a master schedule to be saved within the program would be helpful for teams that initially have set schedules that are then altered due to time off requests, shift swaps and open shifts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Access Shifts data after user has left business.

It's essential for a business to be able to access historic shift data when a user has left. On many occasions an issue will arise that may involve a dispute long after the user has left.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ROLES | LEVELS | PERMISSIONS SETTINGS | CUSTOM DATA ACCESS | RESTRICTIONS

We should be able to have atleast to

A: Be able to have CUSTOM Access to data or infomation settings PER MEMBER

B: AT least 3 Roles with diferent Security Levels.

" For example My managers can see everyones schedulle, but not all members need to see eachothers schedulles"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can we develop shifts that can be repeated

We build our schedule every 6 weeks, all staff are on track ( 3 12 hour shifts per week). The shifts are the same each week. Example
    Week 1 m,w,f Week 2 s, th,f
    if we can have a DRAFT schedule to populate the tracks we can then post them once populated. Copying the current schedule does not work due to swaps, added shifts etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Drop down option for channels in Shifts

When creating a shift for a team member have a drop down option to select a channel to.
    We create teams as our clients and channels as the projects assoicated with the client, we use shifts as our field techs schedule, we then assign the project to our field techs. Right now we type the project name in the custom label field and any imperative information in the notes

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Use shifts to allocate roles and responsibility - i.e allocate an alias

All the specification of a role/responsibility for each shift that can then be use to identify or @ a user.
    For example lets say I assigned an on-call shift '8pm-8am as 1st floor on-call' then I gain the alias @first-floor-on-call for the duration of the shift so someone can @GeorgeHarvey or @first-floor-on-call, both will come to me, except when my shift ends @first-floor-on-call is then forwarded to the next user, and they can see any outstanding tasks/messages due for @first-floor-on-call

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. My name is Amir and I am a product manager in the Shifts team. Can you please explain a bit more about this scenario? I am trying to understand what is applicable for the Shifts app vs. general group/1:1/channel chat. Thank you!

You are receiving this email because you agreed to be contacted by Microsoft about your product feedback
    Privacy Statement
    Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 USA

12. Use shift to manage equipment

I love the interface for Shifts. It would be helpful to be able to use this to schedule the availability of equipment. Right now I'm looking at either SharePoint Calendars (with overlay) which I worry will be deprecated vs Outlook Calendars, which have a complicated overlay end users complain it's more work to isolate the desired calendars from their calendar). In my example, we would have a group of Biosafety hoods and use Shifts as a sign up. This would also mean non-owners would need to be able to modify.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Save the view options that are selected

in the view options in shifts if would be handy if we didn't have to change the view option every time we went onto shifts, as a company we don't use groups but have to untick groups every time we need to update the schedule

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Time Off Requests

Would be helpful to have Time Off Request have the option of choosing another person to cover/handoff the shift, like Offer, BUT allow staff to choose from the list of reasons (like Time off) AND keep the "shift" with the new Notation of reason (PTO, Sick. like Time off).
    Currently, Time Off Request keeps the shift (and has the notation of why off) and I have to go delete the second copy of the shift or copy it to another person that is covering that shift. Would be helpful to assign that shift to another while keeping the information of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Owner can add time off in mobile app to other group member

Owner can add time off in mobile app to othe group member. Now is only possuble to delet shift from other member.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Shifts right-side scroll bar is extremely narrow in Schedule view

In the main Schedule view. The vertical scroll bar on the right is extremely narrow. Please make it as wide as your standard scroll bars.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Shifts - Filter time-off requests by group

For example, We have a Shifts with 200 employees, and there are only 5 managers that have the access to approve different time-off Requests, and these 5 managers are distributed in five schedule group.

Would be great to have a filter feature to only see all requests from one schedule group. So the 5 managers do not need to read through all requests in the request list one by one to find their own employees' request and approve it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. IOS Shifts APP to manage crew as desktop.

As a team manager, shifts is being a great help.
    However, i always have to seat on my desk to setup the schedules. As a iPad pro user, The IOS shift app it’s not the best tool to change crew shifts. Already try to setup Safari, Chrome and Firefox as desktop mode to access shifts by browser, and it doesn t work well.

please build a special manager app for mobile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Want to show shift schedule in consecutive days

Regarding with the Shifts schedule view, when I add a continuous schedule over the next few days, the schedule view shows it as divided into several days for each slot. I would like to see the continuous schedule in a single sequent, not dividing it for several days.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. tabs

For my work I have to look at A LOT of files in a lot of different teams, while chatting with team members. Every time someone chats me, I lose my place in a file/team. I'll have a powerpoint deck open that I'm looking at, and be talking to someone about and I can't switch between the two. Give us TABS. Let us chat and keep multiple places open until WE choose to close them. It would save so much time. It's frustrating to have to click through 100 things again to find my spot AGAIN and then lose it…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base