Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The most useful tool on Staffhub was allowing my staff to request/pick up open shifts. Will they still be able to do that in Teams?

I am trying to learn more about Teams since we will need to switch over. The most useful tool on Staffhub was allowing my staff to request/pick up open shifts. Will they still be able to do that in Teams?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Time Zones for teams working across regions should be adjustable at the individual level

Time Zones for teams working across regions should be adjustable at the individual level. Currently, only the owner is able to set the timezone for the team. If the members in the team are spread across regions, their schedule is not clear and they are not able to view their schedule in their timezones if they are not the owner of the team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Don't allow a Shift to be traded for Time Off

Right now, it seems that Shifts and Time Off blocks are treated equally, but they should have different values so they can't be interchanged or traded between staff members.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bug: Shifts do not appear if spanning more time than the current view

Hey there, I have the issue that shifts do not appear, if they are spanning multiple days (i.e. time off, holidays, sick leave etc) when I am in a schedule showing the week Mon-Sun and that time off has started the week prior. Same with month + day view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Open Shifts viewable to everyone on the Team

I would like the option for everyone on the team to see open Shifts, not just the people in the subgroup where the Open shift is available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Is it possible to add duties to the shift block

Is it possible to add duties to the shift block? I have attached a sample image as an example. The shifts block is entered as a blue block and any additional duties added to the agent are added on a separate line. Is there a way to add these duty blocks within the shift block?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adding notes to shifts

the notes system is incredibly annoying that you can select the middle of text (and it even moves the cursor) but you cant type/amend anything,it just adds it to the end, so you have to press delete all the way back to the error and type it all out again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make the breaks added copy and paste

e.g. copy and past the whole day, not just start/finish Times

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Send message to Staff currently working

In Staffhub there is the "Now" button at the bottom and I could quickly see who's working and send an individual a message or everyone. I find the chat/txt capability in Shifts cumbersome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Shifts-Time Clock (Mix of Time Clock and no Time Clock employees)

I'm glad you have released the Time Clock feature within Teams. It would be great if we could turn the Time Clock/Shifts off/on per user for those that are Salaried, so it doesn't show in Shifts app. We would want to keep their shift hours (currently viewable in Shifts app. and also have the ability for Requests (Time Off, etc), We also have no need (when salaried) to export their work hours since fixed hours for Payroll.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Visibility of assigned shifts for a member across Teams

I have Team members who report into me. The management in the region wants visibility of shift schedules of all the team members in the region, who are all part of 'Team 1'. Now, my team works with teams in other regions who work on the same project, who are together members in 'Team 2'. It is required that the teams across regions working on the same project have visibility into each other's schedule.

I wish for an option for the shifts schedule of my team members to replicate, no matter what team they are a part of. It is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable a search function that allows searching through Shifts

When I search for a shift that is posted somewhere in Shifts, I receive zero results. As it is right now, I must manually review each week to find what I'm looking for.

For example, if I have a shift that is called "Shift 3" or "Visit 4", I want to be able to enter those into the search field an population all those shifts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable a search function that allows searching through Shifts

When I search for a shift that is posted somewhere in Shifts, I receive zero results. As it is right now, I must manually review each week to find what I'm looking for.

For example, if I have a shift that is called "Shift 3" or "Visit 4", I want to be able to enter those into the search field an population all those shifts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shifts doesn't sync Time Off when period extends past one week.

When I log a "Time Off" request for an employee on Shifts - if the time period extends for longer than 1 week (say 2 or 2 1/2 weeks) the entry will not always appear when viewed. Sometimes it is visible for only the first week of the entry, other times it appears not to sync at all. Refreshing the application sometimes works, but sometimes it will just "pop" in after a few minutes. If you add another entry thinking the first one was deleted, two will appear side-by-side.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enter button to create a shift

Allow users to hit enter or ctrl+enter to save a new shift. Currently, you have to use the mouse to manually submit - inefficient process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can we please have the ability to customize the daily view in shifts? My staff works from 9-5:30- I don't need 12 a.m. to 11 p.m., but I do

Can we please have the ability to customize the daily view in shifts? My staff works from 9-5:30- I don't need to see a 12 a.m. to 11 p.m. timeline, but I do need them to be able to see the hourly descriptions in their Activities. It would be nice to be able to arrange the shape of the cells like I would in Excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. View Mode: Team's Shift

When you are at the Shifts view and you scroll down through the page. There are important rows that are not on freeze as you scroll down the page (i.e. options to view as day/week/month). If you have a long list of staff and you happened to be at the bottom of the page, it will be very cumbersome to scroll up just to change how your screen is displayed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Assign Open Shifts to the whole team instead of per group

The group option in shifts is really good for separating logical units, but in some cases these groups will still be working closely together.

Instead og assigning Open Shifts on a group level, it would be nice to assign it on a Team level so members of all groups can take it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Check in staff from multiple locations and make notes from their meeting

My staff are working out in several different locations during one day and would be great to have them able to clock in and out of outreach giving the location and for them to be able to make notes and print timesheet , dreading for it to come:.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want to be able to add/remove holidays that are specific to my region

I want to view federal holidays through shift. I also want the ability to personalize, i.e., add/remove, holidays that are specific to my region.

For example, California recognizes Cesar Chavez Day, but not Columbus Day. I want to be able to add Cesar Chavez Day and remove Columbus Day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.