Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Our organization needs to be able to schedule 24 hour shifts, but at this time will only go from 7a-6:45a the next day for tracking hours.

Our organization needs to be able to schedule 24 hour shifts, but at this time will only go from 7a-6:45a the next day. Otherwise tracking hours is inconsistent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Total Shifts worked

Can you please add a way to total up the amount of shifts an employee has worked over a period of time. For example, being able to select the months January-May to see how many total shifts he/she has worked.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Send message to Staff currently working

In Staffhub there is the "Now" button at the bottom and I could quickly see who's working and send an individual a message or everyone. I find the chat/txt capability in Shifts cumbersome.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change "Theme" to "Category"

Instead of "Theme" call it "Category" and allow them to be editable (at an admin level). I would like to measure work based on different clients, but trying to keep track of who is "white" and who is "blue" is difficult

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shifts- Work Days, like M-F (no Sat/Sun)

You currently have the ability to select the starting day (like Monday), but in our situation, we only work M-F, so this makes creating schedule more cumbersome since I have to skip over Sat/Sun. Seems you could allow ending day of the week or maybe a checkbox for each day worked.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Visibility of next month's shift in Teams to the agents

Being Admin I am able to see the leaves that are planned for the future; however, the agent does not have the visibility for the same. If this is included, it helps the agents to see who is on leave and can plan their leaves accordingly else we end up in conflicts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Clickable Location Field to Shift

If you add a street address to the location field in an Outlook meeting you can click the address in Outlook Mobile to open the maps app to navigate to the address. It would be great to have this same feature in Shifts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable a search function that allows searching through Shifts

When I search for a shift that is posted somewhere in Shifts, I receive zero results. As it is right now, I must manually review each week to find what I'm looking for.

For example, if I have a shift that is called "Shift 3" or "Visit 4", I want to be able to enter those into the search field an population all those shifts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Feature that deletes teams’ schedules in bulk with Shifts app in Microsoft Teams

I would like you to implement features below:
     Feature that deletes teams’ schedules in bulk with Shifts app in Microsoft Teams
     Feature that deletes all schedules
     Feature that deletes groups while their schedules are booked

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. calendar views in teams shifts - when choosing a week or date

views in shifts calendar windows. improve the details in every view og windows with displaying calendar with week numbers. it will make it easier to plan and view more weeks at the same time.
    eg in this view when choosing a week or date:

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Check in staff from multiple locations and make notes from their meeting

My staff are working out in several different locations during one day and would be great to have them able to clock in and out of outreach giving the location and for them to be able to make notes and print timesheet , dreading for it to come:.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want to be able to add/remove holidays that are specific to my region

I want to view federal holidays through shift. I also want the ability to personalize, i.e., add/remove, holidays that are specific to my region.

For example, California recognizes Cesar Chavez Day, but not Columbus Day. I want to be able to add Cesar Chavez Day and remove Columbus Day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Shifts--Page to view all vacation requests

Can there be a page or tab added that allows an owner to view all requests? It would need to be broken down into vacation, or whatever options the user chooses. It would also be nice to select the view, i.e. all requests, unanswered, future, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Easier viewing of Shifts on Mobile

Easily view current and upcoming shifts with mobile app as owner (without having an assigned shift).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Shifts may need some enhancement.

I Have been using When to Work (W2W) scheduling tool for last a few years. I find Shifts has similar features in it, however; it may need some improvement.
    1. Members in W2W can request time off and put it in the schedule and it goes to supervisor/manager to approve it.
    2. Members can get notification via email when their schedule has changed.
    3. Members can check their schedule via smart phone.
    4. Supervisor/managers receive email when someone put a request for time off.
    5. Shift name edit field should allow more characters input. Currently is limited

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. shift notifications once approved/record keeping

send email notification to admin assistants for pay and tracking purposes.
    this should be adjustable to email multiple people including requestor and receiver of shots once the request has been approved. there should also be a way to keep track of all requests, approved or denied, for the team and should be able to filter and print or export requests.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Shifts Shedule in Teams Mobile App

We use the shifts function to track holiday requests / leave / sickness etc for my team. This works great on the desktop app, but on the mobile app (IOS) the shifts schedule only displays my own holidays (I'm the Team Leader). So even though I can see requests for leave and approve them, it doesn't show me what the team is doing. This means that if I get a request on my mobile device outside office hours, I need to go to my PC and open Teams to see who else is on holiday etc. I've searched the help…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support to manage schedules across multiple groups

Excuse the long post as I feel the need to describe what I am trying to do.

I am responsible for managing the schedule for various departments and their staff in my office. Some of our staff split time between multiple departments thus we have schedules who are split between multiple groups. To best manage their schedules I have been using Staff Hub and now more recently Teams and Shifts and have had an issue organizing these various schedules across groups.

For us each department is split into its own group. (HR, Accounting, Recruiting etc.) This allows us to track…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shifts - Hide groups

In the desktop version of shifts, different groups can still see all the other groups. As I work with a lot of different groups it would be better if a person only sees the groups he/she is in. The other groups are irrelevant to that person.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow Shifts in Microsoft Teams to be viewable by non-team members in a Sharepoint Web Part

We want employees of the firm to know which service desk technician is doing which shift each day, which they currently maintain through the Shifts app in Microsoft Teams for the Service Desk team. Only Service Desk members are part of that Team at the moment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base