Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Increase the break length in Shift

Increase the max limit of break length in the Shifts app. Preferably beyond 500 minutes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. normtime countdown shifts

When planning a monthly shift there should be some kind of Normtime counter per member, so its possible to get an overview and helping you distribute open shifts equally.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. In the shifts app, allow shifts to span more than one day.

I run a feild egineering team that travels often, typically spending 1-2 weeks on the road for a job at a time. The shifts app would be perfect for managing my team, but in my case the "shifts" are multiple days long rather than hours Having a start date and end date field in the add shift screen would allow the app to be used as a sort of travel calendar for teams like mine as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Shift - Manager role & Notifications

Ability to define who's owning the manager role
    Notify the manager by email when a request is submitted

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Export shift

The ability for end users to be able to export their shifts from Teams would be handy. Either with an integration for their shifts to be exportable to Outlook or in some sort of document.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Open shift availability on phone apps and shift change history

Have the ability to add an open shift on phone apps. Shift history would be excellent to see under each individual shift tab as changes are made, rather than email notification.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Block Members from seeing other members shifts.

Block Members from seeing other members shifts. Only Owners should see everyone's shifts

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. shifts

Integrate Shifts with planner so that when I select tasks for a shift I see my Team task's

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Display same shifts over a range of columns

Our employees don't work in shifts. The activities extend over a few days, sometimes over several weeks within a project.

The weekly view is ideal for showing details of a shift (this first line of notes). But in the daily view we miss these details.

And the monthly view is the worst: there is no space to display any information related to a shift.

MS Shifts is structured like excel. Here we want to merge shifts with the same data to enlarge the pattern and slide the information on it - just like the weekly view.

(See attached GIF for…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Microsoft Shifts - Feature Requests

• Add Alphabetize option for team members

• Add ability to pin Shifts into a Team channel tab

• Add settings option for auto-approve shift requests

• Add settings option to auto-approve shift swap/offer

• Add settings option to auto-share schedule changes with the team

• Add search field on top of the group member list

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In the Shift app, can we give different levels of authority to team members.

Example; Supervisors level can create tasks and assign members, and also edit shifts that other supervisors have created. While the employee team members are restricted from editing these tasks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to move person from one Group to Another

As there might be people who move from one group to another in the same Team. We should have ability to move them from one to another as currently it doesn't allow it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow non members to view schedule or shift

It would be great if non-members can view the schedule or shifts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Integrate time-off with Outlook

Outlook should notify if a user is scheduling a meeting/appointment requiring a user during time-off periods

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow manager to set availability for employees

It would be useful in some scenarios for a manager to be able to set availability for employees. Currently only employees can set this, and only in the mobile app. I'd like to be able to set it as well, and it'd be nice to be able to do with from the desktop app in the context of and in a similar way to how I can set shifts.

The way we're using Shifts (mainly for Time Clock, but somewhat for Scheduling) is for student workers, who I already have availability info for, and who we don't necessarily set fixed…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. GDPR compliant about Additional Notes, request history and making approval process private

There is a functionality in Shifts that requester can choose the reason and leave the note (detail reason) to explain why taking the time off. This message is visible for all the team owners. Also the Request History, cannot be deleted and it is visible to all Team Owners.

To comply with GDPR Article 9, we should not disclose sensitive personal information publicly to anyone. Therefore, the ideas are:

1. Make it possible to disable the optional Notes field to ensure the reason information is not exposed to other possible Team Owner that is not the employees' direct report manager.

2. Make…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Be able to copy schedules for individuals or individual groups over a number of weeks. Master schedule location.

I have a number of different groups within my workforce that are assigned different rota periods. I have staff on 1, 2 & 3 week rotas and it is very hard to copy the schedule over. Easy option would be reoccurring shifts but this seems to of been placed on the backlog for some reason.

I have multiple staff who oversee the programming of schedules for different groups in one teams schedule, meaning copying the entire schedule doesn't work. It would be good to be able to copy individuals or groups separately. It would also be good to have a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Tracking

Need to be able to use the time tracking features for all our staff. How can we use an automated way, for when they arrive and depart particular site locations, not just one address. Also using street addresses please.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable end date picker

Currently you cannot select the end date, and the shift is limited to 24hours.

Please enable the end date picker so that tasks that run longer than 24hours can be input onto shifts easier.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Restrict delete for shifts data under teams

I couldnt figure out how could i control the deletion of my shift data. i.e. some other could delete my shift data under shifts which should have restriction/control mechanism.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base