Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Functionality to add days off like bank holidays in Shifts that will apply for all team members.

It would be great to add days off in Shifts that will apply for all members of the group. It should be set by Group as we may have people located in different countries.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Attach colour to the "Time Off" options

Can we set a standard colour to the time off requests? At the moment this is being done manually and we are having to remember the colours for each type of leave e.g. Annual Leave = Green, Leave in Lieu = Blue, Public Holiday = Pink etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow Team Owners to edit time entries in Time Clock

Allow owners of the Teams to edit time entries for corrections.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. more options on how to view shifts

provide more flexibility when viewing shifts. such as displaying shift details without clicking on a shift. also choosing how many days to view at a time/ an option to "zoom" to view more employees at a time

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hide time off requests

We would like the option to hide time off requests from the schedule. We will be using time off requests for unavailability for an on call schedule and don't want users to see other's unavailable dates.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The printing of schedules on shifts for "teams" does not work

The printing of schedules on shifts for "teams" does not work - certainly not like it used to for staffhub. Only a blank page prints. I have tried multiple times. The issue is not from the printer but from Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Template shift pattern per team

Give shifts the ability to create a set of fixed shift patterns that can't be changed by mistake making it clear where shifts have not been filled.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Shifts Time Clock only works for members who are owners. Let members also punch in using Time Clock.

I just discovered Time Clock in Shifts. Unfortunately, it is set up so only owners can punch in and out. Are you folks working on allowing members to use Time Clock as well?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Shift Availability/Preferences

Hi,

I have some part-time and casual staff who have commitments like college classes and children's activities. It would be really helpful to for team members to be able to specify their availability other than by requesting time off.

Scheduling would be much easier with prompts like - "John is available after 1100".

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable a search function that allows searching through Shifts

When I search for a shift that is posted somewhere in Shifts, I receive zero results. As it is right now, I must manually review each week to find what I'm looking for.

For example, if I have a shift that is called "Shift 3" or "Visit 4", I want to be able to enter those into the search field an population all those shifts.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable a search function that allows searching through Shifts

When I search for a shift that is posted somewhere in Shifts, I receive zero results. As it is right now, I must manually review each week to find what I'm looking for.

For example, if I have a shift that is called "Shift 3" or "Visit 4", I want to be able to enter those into the search field an population all those shifts.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When approving time requests, show the day or week in request window

As a Manager, I go in to Shifts to approve people's time off. When I see the requests, it would be nice to see the day or week in question so I don't have to exit the requests section and go to the calendar to see if anyone else is off.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Embed Shifts calendar on Teams site

It'd be great to be able to embed the calendar/schedule from Shifts into the Teams site.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. shift notifications once approved/record keeping

send email notification to admin assistants for pay and tracking purposes.
    this should be adjustable to email multiple people including requestor and receiver of shots once the request has been approved. there should also be a way to keep track of all requests, approved or denied, for the team and should be able to filter and print or export requests.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Trello cards attached to Shifts

So when someone is on shift for a particular task they know without being told what they're working on that day and what they'll need to complete that task. We have Trello cards with checklists and comments underneath that help us keep on track with what is being provided to whom and when, what equipment is being used, etc. If we could view these directly in Shifts, it would save a lot of copy pasting.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow multiple shifts day to be copy/paste

An employee has an nights hift and an evening shift the same day so teams makes a second row for the evening shift.

If these shifts are copied and pasted to another employee witch does not have two rows already the second shift is added to the employee below.

Please fix.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to move a Shift Schedulke from one Team to Another

We have been "Piloting" shifts and in our initial "uninformed" implementation we have created our pilot schedule in one of our daily Teams. Now that we know a little more about the product and the way it sets up permissions against the team etc, we want to create a dedicated Shift Management team where we can manage Leave, Events, Client Workshops etc. To make this transition a little easier we would like the ability to easiliy Move a Shift Schedule from one Team to another. Thanks for consideration.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change notification from bot when adding user to Shift.

When in Shifts we add a user that did not exist in a Team, then in Teams we get a bit scary message Bot user - very long guid - has added user X to the team. It would be better if we would get information that user was added by the person who did it in Teams. If this is not possible, then at least the message should say "Shifts bot has added user X on behalf of user Y. "

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shifts - Expanded assignee print

When viewing the shifts grouped by shift an option to print out with a view of who is covering that work would be useful for the management. We have shifts but for each shift you are assigned different work, and the management would like a hard-copy listing for each task who has been assigned there, at a glance without having to scan through the by employees view to find out who is assigned what on that day.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. download request(holiday,change) data(history and detail) from teams shifts

when we get teams shifts data via csv file, there is no data about request information such as who apply holiday, who request to change work time and its history.
    it will helps managing our business better
    thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 11 13 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base