Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fixed template shifts with central edition as with permissions

Hard to get, if already available, or truly missing, a way to make fixed shifts as to be able of withstanding edition across all equal shifts going forward from a give date. Currently, as soon as a single shift is edited it becomes different from previously equal shifts all around, which in turn makes manually updating each one meant to keep being equal quite cumbersome. This should only be optional, and allow permanent definition for shifts as they remain on permission types, so updating its template model, all sharing the same template get updated. If not possible, the addition of…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to assign slots to group members in Shifts via mobile Teams App

Make it possible to move or allocate an open shift to a group member via the mobile Teams App. Also the ability to move a shift back to open shifts from a user with the ability to comment a reason why as a tracking facility in shifts would be great!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. planing shifts for a whole quarter or year

think about a team that has on-call responsibility for several customers. A team member has then on-call duty for some of the customers at the same day, week or even month. Therefore it would be great if shift is capable of

Enter and showing shifts by week, month, quarter or year and grouped by customer or by employee.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shift - Manage real working time and display real planning

When people ask for a day off (or couple of hours off) it's displayed on another line- many lines if you have more than 2 events on a day.... - and the planning begin to be hard to read -
    Beside that, the counts of people by day (or hour) is false as the shift do not disappear from the planning - the calculation of working hours / days off are not done

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. (Shifts/Staffhub)Allow the ability to modify a current member's schedule permissions

Hello Microsoft's Customer Advocacy Team,

Currently, there is no way to modify team members' Shift permissions without remove and re-adding each member. Please enabled the toggle button; "Allow this person to create or update schedules" , that is showed while adding a new member.

Thank you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Shifts - Adding colors/options to "day notes" on Schedule calendar

On the scheduler, we can note important days on the calendar, but it is so small! It would be nice to have a way to make it bigger, colored, or more prominent if we add things like "suspend day" or "office closed for holiday" , etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to copy schedule into different teams

It would be nice to highlight a schedule, copy it and paste it into another team on shifts. I am apart of multiple teams. We use the shifts portion to show people when we are at the hospital or not. How it is now is I have to input my schedule, each individual day onto 3 shifts. If I could copy and paste that would make life easier.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Shifts: Filter by color or by request type

It would be nice to have the ability to filter by color or by request type since you can already filter by user and date.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Customise visible work hours in Shifts day view

Instead of viewing 24 hours in the day view of a shifts schedule, allow customisation so that you only see the hours that you need to use (e.g. between 0600-1800)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Import "Open Shifts"

It would be great if you could import open shifts in Shifts. An example- We have data that generates predictive shifts needed for each location. It would be great to be able to import those as open shifts and then managers would be able to assign those shifts to their reports.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Name colors

The ability to apply colors to shifts is great, but I need to give the colors labels. Different departments are forced to use the same color schemes but those colors mean different things. If I highlight something in gray in my department, it should not be labeled Gray, i should be able to name that color so it says something like concrete or asphalt. But that gray means something else to a different department so each Group should be able to label it what they need. After that a simple color wheel can allow me to make all the colors…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Location

Currently, for the Time Clock feature, you can only have one location per Team, but it would be nice to have the flexibility of multiple locations.

We have student workers all on the same team, but in multiple locations around campus, so the only way that GPS time punches will work is to split them up amongst multiple teams, which becomes cumbersome.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Share single group schedule

I would love the ability to share/copy an individual team's schedule, not the schedules of the entire team. Currently, when I share/copy a schedule, I need to coordinate with my coworker who manages another group within our large team
    so we do not share our calendars multiple times. If there was an option to share and copy for each group, I would have the option to make updates to the schedules I manage without meeting with my coworker before I share them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Conflicting Shifts in multiple teams

A user is member of 1.2.3-8 teams.
    The user is holding a shift the first of December from 9-17.
    The user is shifting teams in the app. This team owner is requesting someone to take a open shift at the first of December in the peak hours from 10-14.
    The user want’s to help, and takes the shift. This is a conflicting shift – but there is no warning.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Colour Code Time Off Requests

Have each Custom Option for Time Off Requests as a different colour, instead of having to manually change each time you choose an option. This would make things so much easier to see at a glance.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a feature that can edit/delete schedules in bulk in Shifts app

Add a feature that can edit/delete multiple schedules created in Shifts app of Teams in bulk.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show All Assigned Shifts

Show Shifts from multiple Teams in the Scheduled Shifts location within the mobile application.

It does not make it easy if someone is part of multiple Teams to view all of their Shifts.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Import Shift activities

To be able to break down a shift into different activities at the moment i have to click every single shift an add them manually. I would appreciate to have a import function so that the activities can be planned and typed within excel and then imported. This would improve the use of shifts enormously.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Functionality to add days off like bank holidays in Shifts that will apply for all team members.

It would be great to add days off in Shifts that will apply for all members of the group. It should be set by Group as we may have people located in different countries.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Attach colour to the "Time Off" options

Can we set a standard colour to the time off requests? At the moment this is being done manually and we are having to remember the colours for each type of leave e.g. Annual Leave = Green, Leave in Lieu = Blue, Public Holiday = Pink etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 8 10 12 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base