Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow a different channel/page as a starting point

It would be great if it were possible to make the landing page more of a welcome page, to give team members some insight into what channels are available, etc. I find it very confusing to get dumped into the conversations as the landing point.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Skype For Business

The whole thing needs to be much more user friendly. I've been a O365 user since 2011 and had a look at Skype FB today. Now I need counselling! Why is everything "Microsoft" so difficult?
    I develop software so I'm not an IT-phobe.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Newbie Mode

In group channels, if someone enters a message via "Type a new message" area (instead of replying to an existing thread) Teams will ask if they are sure they wish to create a new thread. (Of course the usual options in the prompt to disable asking again in the future.)

I would also change the "Type a new message" to "Start a new thread"

Perhaps replace the "Reply" button with a "Type a response" box.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow browsers other than IE to signup for the Teams uservoice forum

When using Edge or Chrome to signup for the Microsoft Teams uservoice forum it's not possible to accept the terms of service and therefore sign up. It's fine using IE.

By comparison, the Visual Studio uservoice forum will allow signup with Chrome and Edge.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. go ahead and log in

Hi,
    I've been using teams for a while, but since my last password change I can't log in. The windows application is continually stuck at "Go ahead and log in." I've uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared my credential cache of all msteam* items. I can't seem to get in regardless of anything of tried. I can still log in through the web application, but the windows app is not working at all.
    Thanks,
    Jon

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 10 Minute Rapid sign up

Let's suppose I am in one of the following situations:

* I'm a teacher or lecturer with a class full students.
    * I'm at a conference doing a presentation

I want to create a team and add all the people as members. Which would be doable if I had a list of everyone's email. But often teachers don't have instant access to all of their students email addresses. Rarely would presenters know the emails of all the guests.

At present I could get a link for my team. Then convert that to QR code then project that on the wall…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Explain what the product does

I'd like to learn what the product does. I did not find a Help link within the window of the product. The product was imposed on me through some project within my company. I do not understand the purpose of Microsoft Teams - it seems like a chat application. What is the benefit?!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. interface is vey poor

App will not open to recent chats. It is not customizable in that way. It will not let you delete a channel. When you click "Chats", it won't show your Team chats, only these private ones. The Activity screen doesn't show you recent team chats. The app is called "Teams" for goodness sake. But the hardest thing to get to is the most basic team chat. WhatsApp, Messenger, GroupMe, and basically all text apps have this simplicity. You're Microsoft! You should do much much better with this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams Overview

Why don't you start with a flow diagram or road map of what the product is comprised and what each component in the system is connected and what it accomplishes. Seems I have to draw my own overview diagrams to understand the new app based applications.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Intrusive.

Intrusive. Hard to uninstall. The fact it showed up on my computer without warning meant I deleted it straight away. It was hard to remove. This made me frustrated and mad and thus I will never use it and tell everyone I know not to use it.

Try less aggressive tactics for reaching a user base.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Help should spawn a floating window

Help should spawn a floating window, the way Office programs work. It's annoying to have to go back an forth in a single window while learning to use teams.
    I read the instructions click a link to try a step and the instructions disappear.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams and Sharepoint

We have started using Microsoft Teams to use the collaboration space and created several teams (which turns out to be very useful). but at the same time we have now many different Microsoft Teams and SharePoint Sites. We haven't used SharePoint before and are now considering in using SharePoint for data storage and collaboration for the whole Company. But now we'd like to have one Team Site as the starting page for all collegues. How can we connect the existing SharePoint Sites with each other?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please indicate the app is syncing so it's clear it's not broken

I searched the web for minutes thinking my account was broken but it turns out it was just syncing for the first time, indicating that I was not on any teams or any chats despite being on several for many days before using the mobile app.

PLEASE JUST ASSUME THAT THINGS AREN'T PERFECT IN YOUR APP AND IF IT'S HAVING TROUBLE SYNCING JUST PLEASE TRUST THAT THE USER CAN HANDLE SUCH SHOCKING INFORMATION WITHOUT KNOWINGLY MISINFORMING THE USER AS TO WHETHER THEY ARE OR ARE NOT ON A TEAM

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide recommended computer specifications

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    推奨スペックの明示化

Provide recommended computer specifications
    Teams を始め Office 365 サービスにおいて、システム要件は公開されていますが実際の利用に際し、適切な端末のスペックなど明示的な情報を公開してほしい。
    クライアント PC の導入などの参考になるため、こういった情報があることでユーザーには有益な情報になると考えております。

We would like to know not just system requirement for any Office 365 service, specifically Teams,but recomended PC as well. Provide recommended computer specifications for when buying new personal computers for Office 365 use.

Thank you for your consideration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New user onboarding and training

I am a new user, having used a decade of Skype and others for group interactions. There is no good onboarding support for new users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. coachmark

Coachmark should detect policies assigned to user. Example, don't give a coachmark for calling when calling is disabled for the said user

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Migrate existing notebook to a new Teams

One of the most asked questions to my IT department when helping the org with setting up Teams, it what to do with their old OneNote notebook.

The notebook has usually been used for years, is shared with the team, and stored on an abandoned SharePoint site that no one uses, or worse - someones OneDrive.

The new feature that allows to connect an existing notebook to a new Teams is really useful, but this does not change the fact that the notebook is still stored at the abandoned SharePoint site, not in the new Teams and not connected to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. security sms needs improving

security validation

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Help Videos Start with Sound On (Turn off Auto-Mute)

The Help section's Videos all start with the volume muted. Is there a design reason for this? Why the extra step to click to unmute? I would assume that users wanting to watch these videos (by clicking on them) with sound.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.