Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow a different channel/page as a starting point

It would be great if it were possible to make the landing page more of a welcome page, to give team members some insight into what channels are available, etc. I find it very confusing to get dumped into the conversations as the landing point.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Microsoft Customer collaboration Site - leveraging the MS ecosystem

Sorry to ask here but I couldn't find another avenue to ask.

Does Microsoft have a community where customers collaborate with MS and partners to share best practices or ideas? If not, I would recommend you consider this type of functionality as we have found other customers or partners as an invaluable source for effective use of applications.

Example: As I try to understand the functionality and limitations of Teams, I have a fairly simple question.

What is recommended best practice for having a team site where you collaborate on documents and a small number of those documents need to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Microsoft Teams Free not usable/accessible

I try to promote Microsoft Teams by recommending the usage of Microsoft Teams Free to my contact partners, especially to use the 'share the desktop' functionality.

But none of the three persons who tried to install the Microsoft Teams Free app on their windows PC were able to get the app run. It stuck in the process of registering or creating an account. There was the massage "Sie sind noch nicht in teams aber Sie können es für Ihre organisation einrichten" and then there was a loop with always coming back to the starting page of the registering process.

These…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Skype For Business

The whole thing needs to be much more user friendly. I've been a O365 user since 2011 and had a look at Skype FB today. Now I need counselling! Why is everything "Microsoft" so difficult?
    I develop software so I'm not an IT-phobe.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. How to create teams?

How to create new team?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. This is so horrible. It takes way too long to log in to Outlook for me email. This shouldn't be this difficult. Why do I get logged off

This is an awful site. It takes way too long to log in and I have to sign in way too often. Plus it doesn't remember my password for some reason. I don't have the time to wait for this each day and sometimes during the day.
    My gmail accounts open very easily. Outlook is horrible. I need all my email accounts open all day long. Closing out the tabs and going back to sign in each day on my teams page is dumb. I would never recommend this program. Unfortunately I am stuck using it because the team leader…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Just make it work! So buggy!

Just make it work. Has issues and the flow still needs to be done better in the Teams app. What about Windows ink in Teams?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. rm -rf /MSTeams

Err. don't restart 10 times a day (and steal focus or alert me - I'm not interested that you've fixed another bug).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Kill this product, it's ****

Kill this product, it's unnecessary for any sane person

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Do a better job of explaining what it does and why I need it.

I'm sure someone finds this useful, but as someone who gets it installed on their PC as part of an Office 365 there's little to no documentation on what it does or why I need it. What does it do for me that I can't accomplish by emailing a file or using a Skype conversation with someone? I shouldn't need to be a rocket scientist to figure this out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Newbie Mode

In group channels, if someone enters a message via "Type a new message" area (instead of replying to an existing thread) Teams will ask if they are sure they wish to create a new thread. (Of course the usual options in the prompt to disable asking again in the future.)

I would also change the "Type a new message" to "Start a new thread"

Perhaps replace the "Reply" button with a "Type a response" box.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Modify You've Been Added to a Team email

It would be nice to be able to modify the initial "You've Been Added to a Team" email to include links to overviews or internal support materials, best practices, etc. This will help us guide first-time users in getting started in Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Let user clearly know he/she can not create teams

Searching half the afternoon for a way to create a team. I think Im not allowed... but doesnt say it anywhere....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How can we add external org contacts in Teams. this was relatively easy to do in skype for business but not in Temas

I have enabled external access in org-wide settings, but in Teams, I still cannot add external users.

The message in teams says, we can't set up the conversation because your org are not set up to talk to each other.

In skype for business, we regularly talk to each other. so both orgs are set up. In teams it does not want to add the same contact

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Where do you get help for this thing?

I've been using Windows apps since way back. I've been able to figure out how to most Windows programs without a manual or help or tutorials. But Microsoft Teams is the first program I can recall that I need to get some help how to use. And the worst thing is, where is the help?

Don't get me wrong, I get the general idea how stuff is supposed to work, but so far nothing is behaving anywhere near to what I'm expecting.

I want to use it in lieu of Skype to have conversations with people, but it appears that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Save Conversations to Outlook

We are moving from Lync/Skype to Microsoft Teams at work. One of the features Lync had was the ability to have conversations automatically saved to a folder in outlook.

This gave me the ability to have a record of a conversation that could be attached to emails as needed.

If Microsoft Teams has this functionality, I have not been able to find it. I can only see the ability to copy and paste a conversation, which is easily editable.

Does Microsoft Teams have this capability or are there plans to add it?

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. looking for the ability to stop the auto load of this program.

When we select to not auto-start and not run in the background, have the program actually not start.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When creating a new team from the Teams Templates Copy SharePoint Lists

When you have created a Team and you have created a SharePoint list in the background it is not copying this list over.

I setup a OneNote with some information about the Template and this was not copied over.
    I setup a Planner tab with some build in tasks and this was not setup and all information gone.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Onboarding on iOS has been a disaster in the free version. I've had challenges

Onboarding on iOS has been a disaster in the free version. I've had challenges Inviting new teammates who share that they cannot see the team grouo I created.

Please improve your onboarding flow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow browsers other than IE to signup for the Teams uservoice forum

When using Edge or Chrome to signup for the Microsoft Teams uservoice forum it's not possible to accept the terms of service and therefore sign up. It's fine using IE.

By comparison, the Visual Studio uservoice forum will allow signup with Chrome and Edge.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base