Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share more information with us, please!

"How can you make Microsoft Teams better?"
    > This is no technical feature..

1. More updates on top X ideas. More interaction with the people who are using the App. People who take the effort to post/vote ideas feel left out if you stop providing updates or don't respond at all. This is not just a forum that can exist without a moderator. This is an enterprise corperation's official UserVoice site. Meaning, no voice of the corporation = bad

2. Provide an up to date roadmap. The current roadmap is great, it looks nice (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=Microsoft%20Teams%2CLaunched). Sadly most uservoice ideas with…

217 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Start up Personalization

Allow me to set a start up (home) default page with a picture and content of my choosing. This can avoid carrying last week's old (sometimes not so fun) chats into this week first thing, and instead allow for the launching onto my calendar or a personalized welcome to the day page.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable to modify the Teams Help page

We know there's plenty of Teams resources and help guides. But often an organisation will make their own guides that reflect the context of their organisation. It may include the "why" Teams to your particular organisation, governance, case studies of some project/teams using it successfully, and so on.

Where does an organisation make these Teams resources available
    - on their Intranet would be the most obvious place

But I also think in the Teams help page within the Teams app would also be a good place
    - pity you can't bake in your organisation's Teams resources into this page
    -…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Feature to migrate SameTime contacts to Teams

Sametime permits us to maintain 500 contacts. It's difficult to migrate all those contacts with groups and subgroups into Teams. Hence please provide a facility to migrate those contacts to the same groups and subgroups.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. delete chats and conversation histroy

its not very important but its good to have

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I LOATHE Teams

I LOATHE Teams with an unnatural passion and wish to see it set on an eternal **** fire. In other words....stop just freaking installing it automatically! I will NEVER use a product that does not allow me to purge the entire chat by merely closing the window and forcing the same behavior at the other end. I don't like comments living forever with very few exceptions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Docs.com article for Desktop Client Settings in desktop-settings.json/settings.json

Official docs.com article for Desktop Client Settings in desktop-settings.json/settings.json. There is almost nothing official on these json's which control desktop client behavior. It would be good to understand more about them

Referring from Tech Community thread

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Doh-Something-went-wrong/m-p/862899

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It's confusing

The whole app is confusing and veary hard to understand how to use properly. Adding assignments button is hidden and hard ti fing, what are folders for if i cant ad anything to them ? Why is clicking on a subject just minimasing end opening the general button and why do you need to click on a general button at all ? Mesages are ok but it could be made more redable. It's justa a confusing mess from start to the end.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1. Allow specific replies to specific posts (like Viber), 2) font changes such as Underline, bold, itals, color.

1. Allow specific replies to specific posts (like Viber),
      2) Allow simple font changes such as Underline, bold, italics, color.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. having a setting option in Microsoft Team application

Currently, MS Team start itself and slower the starting process. It would be best to let user select if it can be automatic start at the start of process or user wants to start it manually.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want a feature to let the administrator or organizer approve chat content during team chats or meetings

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    チームチャットや会議通話を実施時、管理者または主催者が許可した人に発言させる機能が欲しい
    I want a feature to let the administrator or organizer approve chat content during team chats or meetings

■Description(内容):
    会議を円滑にするめるため、次の2つの機能が欲しい。
    1.チャットで発言する内容を、管理者または主催者が一度内容を確認し、許可を出した内容を表示させる。
    2.会議参加者が音声で発言する場合、発言許可を求め、管理者または主催者が許可した場合は発言させる。
    I hope the next 2 features will be implemented to make meetings proceed more smoothly.
    1. Chat content will be checked by the administrator or organizer first, and only the approved content will be displayed
    2. If meeting members need to speak, they will need to get approval from the administrator or organizer first, and can only speak if approved

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Delete Microsoft Teams

I want to delete Microsoft Teams but find this is impossible to do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Save Conversations to Outlook

We are moving from Lync/Skype to Microsoft Teams at work. One of the features Lync had was the ability to have conversations automatically saved to a folder in outlook.

This gave me the ability to have a record of a conversation that could be attached to emails as needed.

If Microsoft Teams has this functionality, I have not been able to find it. I can only see the ability to copy and paste a conversation, which is easily editable.

Does Microsoft Teams have this capability or are there plans to add it?

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. can you make this pos work?

Here is my idea: Can you make this piece of **** work? I'm trying to add somebody outside of my organizatio nto a team and it won't let me. I can only add people within my own organization. Make this easy, since you have the monopoly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pop up when someone in particular is online or offline

a notification on the bottom right hand sinde when someone who is explicitly flaged by me (when he / she is online / offline)

This is not micro watch, but its important if I want to get in touch with someone and I create a tag to see once he is online instead of wasting my time multiple times a day to check if he / she is online or not to talk to

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. La mejor manera d que la aplicación sea buena es mejorando esos dos aspec

Es terriblemente lento y consume muchísimo recursos del ordenador. la mejor manera de hacer que la aplicación sea una buena es mejorado esos dos aspectos

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. You can make it "better" by not pushing it into my braincase every time I freggin restart my machine...

Go away...anything you push as hard as Teams I will NEVER USE...thanx for yet another useless click in the expanding journey to simply get to my freggin Outlook inbox.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Неочевидный интерфейс

Неочевидный интерфейс как для нового пользователя приложения. Непонятно где, куда, зачем тыкать когда нужно позвонить, создать канал, ответит на сообщение в конце-концов...
    Непонятно как звонить в каналах;
    когда отвечаешь на звонок - первая эмоция «черт, почему включилась Камера??? Меня что, все видят???» - только потом понимаешь, что это просто возможность выбора ответа на звонок (зачем вообще это дополнительное окно? сделайте настройку по умолчанию);
    Почему нет возможности цитировать сообщения в личном чате? Да и в каналах она какая-то корявая.
    Почему я не могу просмотреть все контакты? Когда перехожу в личные чаты, вижу только «последних», чтобы добавить нового приходится писать в поиске…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base