Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Screen is not resume after end team meeting call.

• Open team app

• Join call in teams using team app in iPhone-X

• Team call ended

• Check iPhone

• Screen is not visible

• Press any key button

• Still screen not visible

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide call queues

It would be great to hide some call queues from users so that they cannot be directly called. Currently if someone is transferred to a call queue it will appear in their chat history and will be able to call the call queue. for this case we don't want people to see the queue so they can skip the queue process.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Enable assigning the desired local conference bridge number when we give the Audio Conferencing license to users

It would be convenient if we could assign the default conference bridge number when we give the Audio Conferencing license to users.
    We currently need to change the default bridge numbers by using PowerShell after assigning the license. The given bridge number is automatically assigned depending on the country which has been set in Licenses and Apps in Microsoft 365 admin center > Users > Active users, but the number doesn’t point the country we want.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Port Mapping Emergency Location for IP Phones

dynamic emergency calling is not currently feasible in large scale enterprises without the ability to provide room level data through port mapping. It works for pc's but not IP phones. The phones are displaying their own port information rather than the switch its connected to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Detachable Teams Dialpad

I cannot see or use the Teams dialpad unless Teams is maximized. Therefore, I cannot reference secondary IVR digits to be dialed without writing them down because until I've minimized Teams, referenced the digits, and maximized it again, the call has timed out. The capability to detach the dialpad from Teams would correct this issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microsoft Phone Report for Basic Phone Usage Stats

My company needs a simple report for the amount of calls made/received by users per day/week/month. It would also be great to see active calls. Also, who answered calls sent to Auto Attendants.

I have tried using the report(s)from here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/cqd-teams-utilization-report however, the model is simply too much. It is amazing for something like a help desk or technical resource to trouble shoot issues with availability.

What is needed is a far more simple view/report that would be useful for call center managers who care about who made the most calls and answered the phone the most in a day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. See favorites/speed dials during Teams Transfer Phones

Need to be able to see Teams Favorites and Speed dials during transfer. Users will want the ability to press the button of the desired favorite while customer is being transferred. The delay between having to type out the whole name takes too long.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MS Teams Sub screens do not rotate

Not all screems or sub screens rotate when Ms Teams is rotated on a Phone from portrait to landscape. For example the chats or participants screen does not rotate...it is only the main screen that rotates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Call Forward doesn't retain the original caller ID

When calls are forwarded to another external extension (i.e. mobile) the number that came up on the mobile is the user phone number and not the original number of the person calling who has been forwarded to the mobile. It would be great to retain the original caller so user knows who is calling.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want you to be able to assign the user to be called when the call comes from a specific number.

I want you to be able to assign the user to be called when the call comes from a specific number.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Android App contacts

Office 365 contacts not visible in Android App on S20+?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Need Option to call External Numbers on Team that will be a great option

Teams can only call internal people but If it has External calling option like dial pad that will be on added advantage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When adding someone external to a conference by calling its phone number it will not ring before connecting to the person.

As in any phone system, when I call someone from a conference to conference him/her in, the phone should ring on my side. When I call someone it rings, why not when conferencing someone?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. CX300 Teams driver support

We use a large number of the USB connected CX300 devices. When using them in Teams they work fine, but you get an error about the audio controls not being supported on this device

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to Export Phones > devices list.

Currently the list of IP phones under Phones > Devices in the admin portal can't be exported to Excel.
    It would be ideal if a list of devices can be exported for better reporting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Phone number history displayed in Call answering rules Setting

The phone number history displayed in Call answering rules Setting should be implemented by the user or administrator.

It is also useful to have a function to control the display so that it is not displayed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow users to receive calls from call group based on criteria like day of the week.

I have a part time team member who only works Tuesdays and Thursdays. He is a member of a call group that rings the whole team when someone calls it. Part of his job requirements is to have teams on his cell phone. I don't want to have to remember to add and remove him from the call group on days he's working. It would be nice if i could control when he receives those calls and when he doesn't so hes not constantly bombarded with calls on his mobile on his days off. and he still needs to be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Smoother integration of MS Teams with Polycom Desk Phone

I have a Polycom VVX 201 desk phone. Currently, to integrate with MS Teams, I enter my user credentials directly into the Polycom desk phone:

username        myOffice365Email

domain office.com
    email myOffice365Email
    pwd

When anyone phones my MS Teams phone number, both my iPhone 7 rings as well as the Polycom Desk phone.

NEW IDEA: using the the MS Teams app on my desktop PC, setup Polycom Desk Phone. This way, all of my devices ring simultaneously when external person rings my MS Teams phone number

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Let the user suppress the phone number for outgoing calls

It is confusing for external people if I call them with unknown numbers. In order to test calling functionality, it should be able to suppress the outgoing number. It's better to show no number than a number, that won't exist anymore when we finished testing. The formerly called person would be confused when he uses the number to call back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow incoming / outgoing calls + enable keypad functionality

Our Teams set-up doesn't include a keypad to make outgoing calls. This is problematic. If we are losing Skype, we need to be able to use Teams to receive incoming calls and make outgoing calls.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base