Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Polycom Trio Dark Mode

On the Polycom Trio 8800 (I assume 8500 also) it is ******* the eyes, can Dark Mode be made available for the phone please.

This is when running on Team Mode as the base profile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please allow channels and teams searchable

To allow channels and teams searchable in iOS Teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to Press '*' and '#' on Teams Phone Edition Devices to Lock

I would love the ability to be able to press the * and # Keys at the same time to lock my desk phone instead of waiting for the timeout period. This provides users the ability to quickly lock their phone if they are getting up from their desk.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Full Skype delegation abilities

With Skype - when you are added as a delegate, the phone line of the user you are managing calls for shows up on your IP phone and you are able to see when they are on a call, have answered a call, etc.
    On Teams, although the delegate function is available on the app, once added, you don't see the bosses line on your phone automatically (unclear if possible at all). They have to keep me on as a delegate on Skype for this to be available. As long as it is like this, we cannot fully cutover to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Better integration between Teams and OneDrive for Business (iOS)

We have a group of sales employees on the road trying to use Teams. When they are online, things are great. When they go off line they are confused where to find files.
    If we could have OneDrive files exposed within the Channels > Files tab so a file which is synchronised locally can be opened seamlessly it would be great.
    The feature could work by displaying a sync icon for any files found locally. Synchronising can still take place via OneDrive.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. oredring files, folders on mobile apps

how can we order the files, folder on the iOS application

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Auto attendant holiday call flow should use multiple holidays

Per this announcement there are now centralized tables of holidays: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16934143-rename-of-team-channel-doesn-t-rename-associated-s

The problem is the UI for the Auto Attendant only allows you to pick one holiday when setting up a holiday call flow. Even though you can maintain a centralized list of holidays, this means you still have to edit your Auto Attendant holiday call flow and setup a unique call flow for each holiday independently.

You should also have the same options to select for a holiday call flow as you do for the after hrs call flow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Calendar display on teams phone should filter private meetings from calendar display

My teams phone (Yealink T58A) displays all the details of my calendar items including those which have been marked as private. without locking my phone, which I prefer not to do, anyone is able to look through this information which I would like to keep private. I would like to make my phone teams display either filter private calendar items or not display my calendar at all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Importing contact information into teams from O365

How do I add the contact information into teams from O365 so that instead of displaying the number of the person calling it displays the name as well as the number?

How do I do this on a company-wide scale?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make dialpad more accessible on Conf phones (Trio 8800, Yealink c960, etc).

Currently you must click on the small phone icon, only from the calls screen, then the tiny dialpad button to access the dial-pad. This can be challenging for a user to make a call who has not used the device before.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need better support to dial out to another phone #

Use case... I work where the internet connection isn't always stellar (for example a starbucks, Panera, using a broadband connection). I do business calls with screen sharing. When someone calls me through TEAMS, I'd like to have the application automatically dial out to my cell phone (I'll answer), and then I'll do screen sharing through my desktop computer. There also needs to be an option to dial out to another phone that is easily accessible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Custom DSCP option for IP Phone Configuration profile

It would be helpful if you could add additional configuration variables to the Phone Configuration profile such as ability to set custom DSCP values. For better or worse, some organizations use non-standard DSCP values for certain traffic types.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow users to receive calls from call group based on criteria like day of the week.

I have a part time team member who only works Tuesdays and Thursdays. He is a member of a call group that rings the whole team when someone calls it. Part of his job requirements is to have teams on his cell phone. I don't want to have to remember to add and remove him from the call group on days he's working. It would be nice if i could control when he receives those calls and when he doesn't so hes not constantly bombarded with calls on his mobile on his days off. and he still needs to be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Search names via the dialpad (1 is abc, 2 is def etc)

We have a physical yealink handset. With skype for business if I wanted to find the name Nick I would type in 6425 and it would find all the Nick's. In teams, I can only search using the onscreen keyboard which is cumbersome and if I press the physical dialpad buttons it just wants to dial the number I type rather than searching out a corresponding name. There's no point in having the letters printed on the number buttons (1 being abc, 2 being def etc) if they don't do any searching.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. call queues - Prompt to accept queue call.

As an Admin you should be able to disable the confirm accept call prompt for queue calls. Let me provide an example so that the request is clear:
    Customer calls call queue
    Call queue rings user
    User answers the phone
    Teams then ask the user to press one to accept the call.

That is the prompt that as a Teams Admin (Voice Admin), however, the rights get setup, you should be able to disable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Smoother integration of MS Teams with Polycom Desk Phone

I have a Polycom VVX 201 desk phone. Currently, to integrate with MS Teams, I enter my user credentials directly into the Polycom desk phone:

username myOffice365Email
    domain office.com
    email myOffice365Email
    pwd

When anyone phones my MS Teams phone number, both my iPhone 7 rings as well as the Polycom Desk phone.

NEW IDEA: using the the MS Teams app on my desktop PC, setup Polycom Desk Phone. This way, all of my devices ring simultaneously when external person rings my MS Teams phone number

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reduce latency in phone calls.

There is a time lag between transmission and reception (sometimes as much as 0.5s). This is a problem for a real-time voice conversation.

Reduce time to less than 0.1s

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base