Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. click to dial

Add Click-to-dial for tel protocol. Our staff makes a lot of calls and has to copy and paste phone numbers right now. Would love to see an option for Teams to handle "tel:" protocol or another option for the ability to click-to-dial phone numbers within a web browser. This needs to be supported on Windows and Mac.

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BToE

We need BToE support with our Polycom deskphones. Without it, we will have to always run Skype for Business side by side to sign in our users to the phones.

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Speed Dial for Teams IP Phones

Currently the Teams IP Phones are not useable cause in order to dial a call you have to use the onscreen keyboard to search for a contact to see presence or to dial the call. Teams IP Phones need to be able to place certain contacts on a speed dial tab that will show certain contacts and their presence status on one screen. You should be able to glance at the speed dial tab to quickly see who in your team is online and dial them.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Is it possible to write an C# desktop CTI adapter that observes incoming/outgoing calls over Teams and also starts them?

Goal: Connect Existing .NET desktop CTI client with a running instance of Microsoft Teams

Is it possible with Teams SDK:
    • to observe incoming PSTN calls that go trough Teams client?
    • to accept or deny the incoming PSTN call?
    • to observe the call status of the PSTN call (offering, connected, disconnected)?
    • to initiate a new phone call with the PSTN number?

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 5-7 second delay before calling end can hear when picking up call with Polycom phone

When a call comes in from the Auto Attendant / Call Queue and the call is picked up on a Polycom phone there is a 5-7 second delay before the calling end can hear audio. This delay is pretty long and causes confusion, it should be 2 seconds at the most.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Barge, Whisper, Listen In

I found a similar request for Skype here (https://www.skypefeedback.com/forums/299913-generally-available/suggestions/8900035-monitoring-features-silent-monitor-whisper-bar). I haven't been able to find documentation on implementation of the following so wanted to throw it out there just in case.

1) Whisper - Managers or supervisors can tell agents what to say (advice or answers) without customer hearing them.

2) Barge In - Managers or other users can jump on a call without permission from the original user to help with a call (especially useful in call center situations).

3) Listen - Managers or other users can listen in on a call, given they have the access…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. TEAMS Contacts and Favs with IP Phones

TEAMS Contacts and Favorites need to be able to import into Polycom phones like they do with SfB.

You are pushing us towards Teams only, so we need a solution!

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Use Contacts For Inbound Calls

Use the contact list to look up callers name and company based on the caller ID. Ideally this could also use the global address book from Exchange but would be fine to just use the local contacts.

Also, when creating a contact associate the call history with the contact so the call history list shows name and company rather than just number.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Notify Admins of Firmware updates on phone equipment

Please setup a portal and email offering to notify admins when a tenant will be updating the physical phones (Polycom/Yealink/etc.). We want to allow Microsoft to manage these updates, but would like notification to allow support to better troubleshoot potential issues.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add hang-up / end call confirmation noise

When a 1:1 call ends from the opposite end, there is no confirmation noise that they have hung up, so I always spend a few seconds finding Teams again, opening it up, looking around for a End Call button, only to realize that the other person beat me to it and I'm not on the call anymore. It would be helpful to have a noise confirmation that the call is ended.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. DTMF Tones do not work when in a call

If i use teams to make an external call (using my skype for business phone number) the DTMF tones are not detected. So if i'm on a call that asks me to enter my PIN or some other input, it does not work

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. delete voicemails

Be able to delete voicemails with the delete button on the keyboard

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable Teams to mute all other computer sound when making or receiving a call

It is a nuisance having to manually pause a radio station when making or receiving a call using Teams.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. save phone number for meeting to call me

in skype i have the option to list my most common numbers for meeting to call me. i now have to type in the phone number everytime.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. MS Teams for enterprises - Provisioning

After having over 2 years of enterprise experience with SfB-Online automation, talking about Cloud-only solution for over 50k employees cannot believe it is part of the same MS suite as Azure products.
    I am really keen to see MS Teams supporting Graph API for all types of identity provisioning including telephony management without 30 years old limitations i.e.:
    -throttling (only solution now to use several Admin accounts)
    -lack of object layer transparency (unable to create efficient serialization to build enterprise level solutions)
    -old dog new tricks (SfB supports OAuth authentication only by passing "password" as password and bearer token as…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Simultaneous ring of mobile phone when TEAMs rings

Is it feasible to simultaneously direct a land line / mobile phone to SIM ring the TEAMs Ap? or vice versa?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams Room Display with schedule

Make the room schedule viewable on the room display and MTR panel.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Call should be picked up on multiple device

When I open Team on desktop (Mac), if someone calls me, the call can only be picked up on the desktop. There’s no notification nor the ability to pick up or join the call on my iPhone.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow for one-off calls without creating a contact

Maybe I'm missing it, but it looks like Teams wants me to create a contact in the Chat section before I am able to place a Teams call to someone. I do a lot of one-off calling and don't want to litter my Contact Lists or Groups

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.