Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Standard SIP support for phones

This made the new back in 2020, announcing support in the first half of 2021.

I cannot find any information.

This is a must and can definitely onboard all those companies that have invested in hardware and offset the cost.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable agent anonymity in Call Queues

In S4B Hunt Group you have the "Enable agent anonymity" Button.
    An agent has the option of making a phone call with the hunt group's phone number so that his own number is not shown in the display. I would like to have this opportunity again at TEAMS. I posted this idea here because nobody could tell me if and where you can set this up at TEAMS.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make silent an option for ring tones and allow call screening.

Allow users to silence the ring and enable screening so users can verify that callers with unknown numbers can be screened to determine if they are spam or calls that are important.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Favorite contacts list when transferring call

When transferring a call, you should first be presented with a user managed list of favorites like what is on the home screen (MP56). The process of typing in a name for every transfer is unnecessarily time consuming.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Answering calls presented from another users Call Group via IP Phone

When answering calls presented from another user's Call Group via IP Phone, the software require you to press a button on the touchscreen to accept the call. It would be good to be able to answer the call via picking up the handset.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow ordering of agents for serial routed call queue via Office365 group

Allow ordering of agents in serial call queue when the call queue is sent to an O365 group or distribution list. The current setup the only way to order agents is to add them individually rather than via a group or distlist.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow Third party IPPBX to integrate with Microsoft Teams

Please add new future allowing Microsoft Teams Users to Integrate their existing third party IPPBX such as 3CX IP-PBX System.

When someone call to company office fixed line number or DID number ring to Microsoft Teams application.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Calling from Teams to Phones

Could you please integrate a dial-out to phones funtion. I like Teams a lot but I miss the ability to call someone directly on their phone, which Skype for Business had.

I work with partners in 68 countries. Some of them don’t have good internet connectivity. So being able to dial them from an teams is important. Also, it would be great if you can make that function work even for conference calling.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Instant Contact sync within teams

Contacts should show in Teams the instance you create them in outlook, or at list have a button to force the update

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Set default volume for incoming calls

Our company has recently switched to teams cloud calling.
    When picking up phone calls from within teams the initial call volume that I have currently set within the system may be too low. When those that call me introduce themselves I often miss out their names at the start of their call, which prompts me to quickly adjust the volume on my headset.
    If the volume could be adjusted by default for all incoming calls so that it adjusts itself automatically that would prevent me from needing to adjust the call volume manually within the call and also prevent me…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Better integration of IP Phone with Desktop and Mobile Experience

1) Ability to Transfer from IP Phone to Soft phone and back. (I think now you have to park the call and then pick it up)
    2) Ability to dial call from Outlook, but from the IP phone rather than only the soft client. in other words, if I am on my computer and select a contact in Outlook to call, it calls using the Team app on my desktop rather than the ability to use my IP phone. Shoretel has had this functionality for at least 13 years.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make dialpad more accessible on Conf phones (Trio 8800, Yealink c960, etc).

Currently you must click on the small phone icon, only from the calls screen, then the tiny dialpad button to access the dial-pad. This can be challenging for a user to make a call who has not used the device before.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Assigning a Primary Device

There doesn't seem to be a way for you to choose a primary device. Currently it seems phone calls will come through to my mobile rather than my desktop Teams even when I am using it and my phone is locked. There should be a way to assign Desktop Teams as the primary for calls rather than mobile.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams incorrectly handle VoIP calls - headset/handsfree streams

normally VoIP call is recognized by the app (such as SfB) and stream audio to defined headset/hands-free device connected. Teams can't do that with several different consequences - starting from lack of proper support for headsets and impossibility to stream audio on different devices - e.g. regular audio to speakers and VoIP to hands-free set.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Inventory Report

We are after reporting capabilities to capture granular detail on activity within Skype for Business and would like to have a report with below data captured on a per user basis :

1. Name of Devices logged in From

2. Duration of the Session

3. IP address of the Device

4. Mac Address of the Device (Being able to use this for maintaining inventory - for example Polycom Skype enabled devices)

5. Fimrware of the Device

6. Number of calls made from each device

Understand some information we can get from the call quality dashboard - not all of them

Please let us know if such…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Call Forward Options for Teams Phones in Common Area and Meeting Sign-in Modes

Since firmware updates were released for Teams native phones in January, the calling options (including call forward) were moved to behind the Admin Only settings menu, which is undesirable because we put a password on those settings to stop people messing with them.

See https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/call-forwarding-has-disappeared-from-our-common/aaf4ad07-9e94-4fb5-bf7c-4597b3c5cce5

We have some use cases where users who sign in to phones in CAP and Meeting modes need to use call forward functionality. Rather than arbirarily putting those options behind the the Admin Only menu, this is a suggestion to make it a configurable option using the "CsTeamsIPPhonePolicy" set of commandlets.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Common Area Phone speed dial or favourites list

IP Phones configured in Common Area Mode should support a speed dial or favourites list allowing specific contacts or groups to be dialled with a single button push rather than dialling a person or group's phone number.

Scenarios where this would be beneficial are a lobby phone, hallway phone or reception phone.

Ideally, modifications would be locked on the IP Phone to prevent unauthorised modifications, and access to the dial pad would also be optionally locked the same as with the search and call park features.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make Teams PSTN Calling Plans available in Asia

Please develop PSTN Calling Plan functionality for Asian markets such as Singapore and Hong Kong. These are major financial hubs where many US and European companies have offices, and many of them would no doubt like to utilize Teams calling there. I know that is true for our company. Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base