Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sort Teams Room Devices in the portal in alfabetic order

Please make it possible to sort the teams room devices in alphabetic order in the Teams portal

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Presenter mode mute

I would like the idea of a presenter mode for teachers

• Mute everyone but the presenter
      --push to talk for the student or attendee, hold down a button to talk
      and releasing the button automatically turns off the mic.

There is too much background chatter of people who join with mics on or simply forget to turn them off after speaking

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. make it possible to add roomlist in the location field from MS Teams app on mobile devices

Please make it possible to add room list in the location field from MS Teams app on mobile devices

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. break-up rooms

I'd like a break-up rooms option, as a school we have group classes and be able to separate this group is smaller groups for a task would be great

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support for 4K Video and Webcams

Improve video quality to 4K and support 4K Webcams for both MS Teams and Meeting rooms

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support for streaming audio (MS Stream) from screen sharing computer

Would like to see the recently added support for Audio / Video sharing for the Teams client expanded to the Teams Room Systems. This way a presenter who shares their screen or plugs in using the HDMI cable to share their screen can stream Audio / Video.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When using Crestron, the 60 second timeout for the room control interface is counter-intuitive in some situations.

The Cresron UC Flex product with Microsoft Skype and Teams provides the programmer a custom interface for room controls. In certain situations such as larger conference rooms and divisible spaces where the custom control interface needs to be the primary control interface for users and the Skype/Teams interface called up when needed. This would allow the Crestron UC Flex system to be utilized in more environment, driving more sales (both Crestron and Microsoft).
    My suggestion is to provide an option for the Custom Room controls timeout to be set to longer times (5 mins, 10 mins, 30 mins, etc.) as…

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mute a new chat.

By having the ability to always mute new chats, you can set up multiple chats without having to mute them each time, eliminating the need for action.

新規で発生するチャットを常にミュートにする機能があることで、複数のチャットを都度ミュートにすることなく設定が出来るので、操作が不要になります。

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support for more than 1 USB camera

SRSv2, according to documentation, supported up to 2 USB cameras with switching using the video icon. I would like this feature also in the new Teams Room Systems.

132 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create bridge between phone app and PC app so I can use phone app for voice and PC app for presentation and not join twice.

Create a bridge between the phone app and PC app so you can quickly connect to audio via phone app. We don't have a conference phone bridge and I find myself logging in via my phone app to use my headphones and my PC app to see the presentation. There are great features for "calling me" if a phone bridge is available, it would be nice to have a button to connect audio via Microsoft Teams app on phone too.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Direct Guest Join on Teams Rooms for Android

Support joining third-party meetings (WebEx and Zoom) on Teams Rooms for Android systems (such as Collaboration Bars). https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/rooms/third-party-join

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. meeting time bar

add a bar indicating the progress of the meeting in terms of consumed time and a bell when only 5 minutes are left

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. عندما اظغط على أيقونة مشاركة الشاشة ثم ادخل على اليوتوب فإن الصوت لايظهر ولا يسمعه المشارك ن وهذا أمر متعب وفي غاية الأهمية، نتمنى اصلاح هذ.

عندما اظغط على أيقونة مشاركة الشاشة ثم ادخل على اليوتوب فإن الصوت لايظهر ولا يسمعه المشارك ن وهذا أمر متعب وفي غاية الأهمية، نتمنى اصلاح هذ.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable Content Camera Feature on Collaboration Bars

It would be extremely useful to enable to content camera feature on collaboration bars like the VC210. In an executive office space or smaller conference room, it’s easy to imagine a configuration where the device and a display are mounted opposite facing a whiteboard.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Be able to pre-assign participants into break out groups or create randomly assigned groups

I'm working to design virtual facilitation for a group of 300. I would love to be able to randomly assign them into breakout groups or pre-assign them for when the join the training. We're currently creating calls via channels with a smaller group but worry that will be unsustainable with the larger 300 group

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams Room Remote Access Control

The ability for admin or support personnel to access Teams Room app UI remotely for service, troubleshooting, or user support.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Control collaboration bar from tablet

Collaboration bars are brillant ideas, especially for smallest room. Unfortunately, all these kind of rooms do not have tactil screens to control/launch a call and idea of this kind of equipment is also to be autonomous. It should be possible to have control tablet available to launch teams meeting/call.
    Note that traditional remote controllers are always broken or lost so seem not a good idea.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams Room Display with schedule

Make the room schedule viewable on the room display and MTR panel.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Multi-Display Support (People and Content)

Multi-Display support is nothing new but when I search teams i see one Display Video, one display Content is not supported. Cisco Webex, and Polycom units have had that for some time. Is this something in the works, have I misread ?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Split "main room" meeting into multiple "breakout rooms"

When being in a meeting and something needs to be discussed in smaller groups, it would be nice to be able to separate the "main room" into "breakout rooms". Either the participants in the "main room" select which breakout room to join manually, or the meeting organizer can form groups and send them to different "breakout rooms" (the later is available in Zoom, and is a very nice feature).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base