Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to change location of video tiles when content is being presented

Currently participate video tiles are shown at the bottom of the screen when content is being presented. Give the option to display participate video tiles on the top or side of the screen depending on the consumer's preference. In particular having the videos at the top of the screen allows for more natural eye contact when responding to a question posed by someone during a presentation.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. emergency button

With the push for work at home due to covid and the significant increase in video, there is more of a chance of soemthing happening on one of these video meetings where only the people on the other side of the screen can help. Could an SOS button be created that would allow someone else in the meeting to help with contacting an emergency contact to send help.

Due to global privacy concerns this can be opt in and user sefl identified as all of the movement and remote work makes automating this process technically a challenge.

With the new…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Meeting Popout

It would be great to have a feature similar to chats where meetings can be popped out so I don't have to "minimize" the meeting to look at my chats.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When we join/get-into a meeting, anyway/setting to default mic to OFF?

When we join/get-into a meeting, anyway/setting to default mic to OFF? As of now I am manually muting before entering each meeting. Video is off by default.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Automatic recording option Yes/No

Please give us automatic recording option Yes/No for Teams. So even if I disconnect from that meeting the recording should be still ON

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Function to get detailed setting information from meeting sessions using PowerShell

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    会議セッションの詳細設定情報をPowerShellで取得する機能が欲しい
    Function to get detailed setting information from meeting sessions using PowerShell

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams 管理センターへサインインし [ユーザー] - [ユーザー名] - [通話履歴] - [会議時刻] - [セッションの開始時間] - [詳細設定] より確認できる各種情報を PowerShell で取得する機能がほしい。
    現在、手動で1つずつ確認しているが非常に手間がかかるので、PowerShell を利用して一度に情報を取得できると便利だと思います。

I would like to be able to use PowerShell to get the information found if you log in to the Microsoft Teams admin center and go into User – Username – Call history – Meeting times – Session start time – Advanced.
    At present, we check each one individually, but this takes a lot of time, so it would be convenient to be able…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mute and remove participants is anonymous - it should indicate the name of the person doing the muting or removing

When a user is muted or removed as a participant, a message is displayed to the user muted/removed informing them of the fact, but it does not indicate by whom. The message should indicate the participant that has taken this action - this would improve transparency. Especially in Edicational contexts, where teachers have not made users attendees, students are hiding behind this anonymity to mute and remove fellow students - if the perpetrator was named to the victim, then it would discourage this. Even in a business setting, I cannot think of a good reason why someone that is muted…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 7x7 Grid indicated a presenter with bigger screen space

The same space used on both attached images, more transparent who is leading meeting. Presenter should be highlighted even muted.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Speed dating" feature where you can automatically create micro-breakout rooms to get quick introductions done before meeting?

It would be nice to have a quick teams introduction where everyone could see and say hi to everyone on the call - a la speed dating function. This could be something that could be timed from 15 seconds up to 2 minutes and would automatically cycle through all attendees (up to a certain amount).

Just a cool feature for businesses (and also speed dating haha).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create and edit private Teams meetings.

I would like to be able to create and edit private Teams meetings.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create private Teams meetings.

I want you to be able to create private Teams meetings.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. private chat to external participants

I want to be able to send private chat to external participants as the organizer during a meeting. This will be a great feature especially when you have external presenter and you are able to send reminder on timing and other observations. The organizer should be able to control this feature from setting. e.g. not allow participant to send chat to one another

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Being able to share audio when already sharing your screen.

Make it so that you can toggle audio sharing on and off while sharing screen, instead of having to decide up front.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Prevent the addresses of external users being invited to meetings being seen by other invitees

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    会議招待メールにおいて、会議に招待された外部ユーザーのメールアドレスが他のユーザーから表示されない機能の拡充希望
    Prevent the addresses of external users being invited to meetings being seen by other invitees

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams で会議の招待を行うと、招待メールの宛先に招待されたユーザーのメールアドレスがすべて表示される。
    招待されたユーザー間で互いのメールアドレスが確認できないように、会議招待メールの宛先を BCC で指定できるような機能の拡充を希望する。

Currently, when inviting users to a meeting on Teams, the mail addresses of all invited users appear in the “To:” field.
    Please add a function where invitees' mail addresses can be placed as BCCs so that they are not visible to the invitees themselves.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Only admin and self exit options shoud be available in meeting. Or atleast show the name of person who is removing other person.

Anyone can remove any person and the wrost part is no one knows who is removed person from a meeting. Update a feature that show who is removing, or make a feature that only organiser can remove any one.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Increase Meeting Attendee Capacity

Please increase the meeting attendee capacity from 250 to 500.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Video meeting pop-out function

I'd love to be able to pop out a video conference into a separate window so that I can view all my chats together.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. AWAY During meeting

I constantly have meetings with teammates from all over the world that are hard to set up, and due to the amount of players, complexity and dificutly to have everyone join, these meetings are without video, and run long (2-3hrs or more)

I have always wanted to have a status icon / function that would allow teammates to see I am temporarily away so if they see me in mute (Which we all are most of the time) and no video, they know I cant answer and its not the tipical (Are you there...pause)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Rename meeting chat

There is reoccurring meeting which was renamed. Meeting has corresponding chat. After renaming meeting, rename corresponding chat.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pop out on screen meeting

Allow Teams to pop out my meeting / Call so I can watch the presentation or have the camera on watching someone whilst full screen (Or large window or whatever I want to set it to) whilst continuing to use the the full Teams client other features.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base