Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto add (Ring) all of Chanel members to instant meeting meeting

Add option when starting an instant meeting to add, and call/ring all members of the channel.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please allow a default background for video

It is a pain to set the background in every MS Teams call. Would like to choose the background once and have it come up as default as the video comes on.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Set Teams meetings to be recorded by default

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 会議のレコーディングを既定にする機能
    Set Teams meetings to be recorded by default

■Description(内容):
    現在は会議の際に手動でレコーディングを実施するが、管理者側で組織内の全ての会議を自動的にレコーディングする、しないの設定ができるように、会議のレコーディングを既定にする機能の実装を希望します。

Currently in order to record a meeting, it has to be started manually. Please add a setting on the admin side to specify whether all meetings in the organization should or should not be recorded automatically by default.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Screen sharing in the web version of Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Web アプリのTeams の画面共有について
    Screen sharing in the web version of Teams

■Description(内容):
    Web アプリの利用に際し、下記公開情報の Teams の画面共有について以下改善を希望する。
    ・共有コンテンツの制御を可能にすること
    ・共有者が背景をばかす機能を提供してほしい
    ・複数ユーザーの画面を共有可能にすること

Title : Microsoft Teams の制限事項と仕様
    URL : https://docs.microsoft.com/ja-jp/microsoftteams/limits-specifications-teams

Please improve the following aspects given in the publicly available information about the screen sharing function when using the browser app.
     Give control of shared content
     Add ‘blur my background’ option
     Allow sharing of multiple users’ screens

Title : Limits and specifications for Microsoft Teams
    URL : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/limits-specifications-teams

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. my video blocks another person's video when gallery view

when my complete team is on video, my video is blocking 1 person's video on the screen. I am not able to see the person in the bottom right hand side of the screen.

Can we bring back the bottom ribbon with my video on a separate line?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow users to assign a "Push to talk" button

During meetings, users should be able to push and hold a key to temporary unmute their mic while they talk. Especially with the number of people working from home dealing with background noise, user often have to flip their microphone between muted and unmuted during meetings, and it's a common occurrence for people to start talking without realizing that they are muted, or for excess background noise to be coming through an unmuted microphone. This feature is common among other voice call services (ex. Discord).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow more control over Mic Defaults for presenters and better Mic defaults overall.

BLUF: The issue is microphones being on when they shouldn't be. I think this can be fixed a number of ways, but these are the first things I thought of. I hope you'll take this into consideration as you continue to develop this great product.

A constant pain point for meeting Hosts are the constant 'hot mic' situations where a user joins late and their mic is on. I know that some improvements have already been made, and I'm not sure how this is still happening in the same way, but I've seen people join a meeting with 330+ people…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Downloadable Attendance After the meeting

Be able to capture attendance by downloading the report even after the meeting has concluded and attendees have gotten off the meeting. Sometimes the organizer is unavailable to download during or right after the meeting. This would be vey beneficial especially if the organizer is our on leave when the meeting occurs.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Aks for (legal) permission of attendees when Teams recording starts

Currently the notification "Recording has started. By joining the meeting, you have given consent for it to be recorded." is in most countries not legally correct, since attendees must actually give their consent.

Is it possible to automatically ask for an 'OK' of all attendees when a recording starts?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Meeting Popout

It would be great to have a feature similar to chats where meetings can be popped out so I don't have to "minimize" the meeting to look at my chats.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Custom Background images Fixed Aspect

Custom images to be fixed aspect regardless of video windows showing on screen.

Currently a custom image may be suitable for 1x1 meeting (corporate logo / name in correct place) but as more people join the meeting the image is changed and the logo is moved or lost.

Can the image become fixed regardless of number of video meeting screens.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams recorder name

User A organized a Teams meeting, user B recorded that Teams meeting. When the meeting finished, the Teams Chat prompt that the Meeting Ended with the recorded meeting video. However, it display Meeting Recorded by user A, not user B. I have reported a ticket to Microsoft but the answer is: This is expected behavior. Please help improve this so the meeting recorder name will display the actual recorder user name not the meeting organizer user name under that Teams > Chat part. The rest of the areas display the names correctly e.g Streams and inside the first slide when…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mute and remove participants is anonymous - it should indicate the name of the person doing the muting or removing

When a user is muted or removed as a participant, a message is displayed to the user muted/removed informing them of the fact, but it does not indicate by whom. The message should indicate the participant that has taken this action - this would improve transparency. Especially in Edicational contexts, where teachers have not made users attendees, students are hiding behind this anonymity to mute and remove fellow students - if the perpetrator was named to the victim, then it would discourage this. Even in a business setting, I cannot think of a good reason why someone that is muted…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. export Meeting Notes

Please please PLEASE enable either download, move or export of Meeting Notes! I really appreciate the functionality within the meeting itself but the fact you can't share, send or print the notes is beyond frustrating... and made even worse by not even being able to paste them directly into Word. I know you want to keep us in Teams but please make it a more practical experience!!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Want to adjust the the layout, spacing or wording In the teams invitations

Want to adjust the the layout, spacing or wording In the teams invitations through Teams Admin Portal.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams Meeting Audio Options

Let me first state I was a little shocked that this isn't already available.

1. Provide audio test when joining a meeting and using the mic and speakers for audio.

2. Provide attendee/participant id when joining a meeting and using the phone to dial-in for audio. Pair the dialed in presence with the computer presence and only show that attendee once instead of 2 times.

3. Provide Switch Audio options (Switch to Mic and Speakers/Switch to Phone) after you have joined a meeting. Why should we have to disconnect and reconnect to change the audio option! Idea already mentioned here: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40287709-teams-meeting-in-more-actions-drop-down-menu-sho

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In Skype there is a way to track the people who join a meeting. In Teams there is no such ability. Can that be added to Teams?

I want the ability to record the meeting attendees like it is done in Skype. I don't want to download a file because then it becomes another file to manage.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Switch off video/microphone for all participants

When having calls with sometimes hundreds of attendees, there is often a lot of time wasted waiting for people to mute their mics/switch off their video. Often people mute other participants, who then toggle mute again and don't realise they're un-muted..

As a meeting organiser/host, I would like to be able to mute all and switch off all attendees cameras. With the new hands-up feature this would work quite nicely if someone wants to ask a question, they can ask it in the chat, by raising a hand and un-muting when asking their question etc.

This would also improve bandwidth…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Presentation Mode For Meetings

Microsoft Teams Meetings should have a "presentation mode" that, when enabled, mutes all users except those that have been granted permission by the Meeting Host to speak. This feature would allow users to make presentations without audio interruption or distraction from other users. When the designated user(s) complete their presentation, the Meeting Host can disable the mode and allow the entire audience to speak again (e.g. for audience feedback or group discussion purposes).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Order of who raised his/her hand

when many people raise their hands it is difficult to keep track on the order of hands raised. is it possible to ad an order of hand raising? At least visible for the moderater?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base