Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow channel meeting organizers to prevent participants from adding new participants

Currently, any participant in a team channel meeting can invite other users to join the meeting by adding them directly (if the meeting is in progress and the new invited are internal) or by sending them the link to the planned or on-going meeting via chat or email, even to external users.
    Every participant has this ability, regardless if she/he has the role of "participant" or "presenter".
    None is notified about new participants added to the meeting and none has the evidence about who has added who.
    There are contexts, such as the classes’ teams in the schools, where only…

235 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

35 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Meeting invitation customization

I'd like to see an option to customize the teams meeting invitation sent from outlook add-in the same way it can be done in Skype for business.
    Attached is a screenshot from sfb admin center.

234 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Users To Register for Teams Webinar

Have the ability for a host to create a webinar event page that can be shared externally/internally. This page would contain meeting details and agenda of a Teams webinar.

Those interested could then register for the webinar and receive an email confirmation containing an ics calendar appointment. The Teams host could then view and manage who is registering for their webinar event.

Adobe and WebEx do this.

231 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Participant controls in meetings - block attendee video

Just another Skype for Business feature that hasn't been built in Teams yet - need the ability to block / disable all attendee video as part of standard participant controls (including make all participants attendees, mute all, mute lock etc.) This was done really well in Skype for Business, but for some reason we are starting from scratch with meeting participant controls in Teams.

225 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams meeting - lock the meeting

The meeting host should have the possibility to look/anlock a meeting, so that no one additional can join the meeting after it is looked. Excample: in a director meeting I'm invited to present a special topic. Then, I have to leave and the meeting host can lock the meeting so that I cant't join again. Otherwise I could join and maybe eavesdrop .

224 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OneNote Meeting Details (outlook) integration

Currently there is a "Meeting Details" feature in OneNote or "Meeting Notes" feature in outlook. This feature allows you to link a OneNote page to a meeting, it pulls in the meeting details, and using skype it automatically tracks who is in attendance.

Please expand this feature to Teams so that it automatically tracks who is in attendance. It would also be nice to expand upon this feature to have it automatically create pages when a meeting is scheduled for that team.

223 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 221 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Speaker attribution in captions

During any Meeting in Teams, it could be great if it provides speaker username along with Captions while scrolling and it will be great if those captions within meeting group as saved as history(ex: char history). so, that it will be easy to recollect discussion happened by reading all captions without voice help& without anybody's help.

219 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Video feeds from meeting participants should be at the top of the screen -- not the bottom

To create the feeling of "eye contact" it is ideal if all meeting participants are looking more or less in the direction of their camera while conversing with each other. Ideally, when a user is looking at their fellow meeting participant's video feed, it should appear as if the user is looking directly into the camera.

However, because the video feeds are at the bottom of the screen in Teams, everyone in the meeting usually appears as if they are looking down, instead of at the camera.

Therefore, the video feeds should appear at the top of each user's screen,…

219 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unable to start meeting as organizer. Stuck in virtual lobby.

Unable to start meeting as organizer. Scheduled Teams meeting via Outlook as the organizer. Went to join meeting as the organizer, signed into the desktop/app version of Teams, and was held in the lobby - waiting for someone to start the session/let me in. Unfortunately, given I was the creator/organizer, no one could get in - as I was stuck in the same lobby.

Any ideas on what may be going on?

217 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

163 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This issue is in our backlog, but we wanted to share a workaround that may help in the meantime. You may run into this issue if your Outlook client is logged into a different account than your Teams client.

As a workaround, when you join the meeting, make sure your Outlook client and Teams client are logged into the same account that the meeting was scheduled from.

11. Merge two conference calls/meetings into one

Usually when we dial into a conference call meeting, it requires us to input extension number, meeting room numbers or etc. So when I want to combine two meeting into one, I can merge calls in Skype for Business, but cannot find the same feature in Teams. Is there any roadmap to add this feature back to Teams?

214 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow meeting organizers to turn off attendee's cameras.

During a Teams meeting, it would be beneficial to allow the organizer to turn off certain attendee's cameras (just like how an organizer can currently mute an attendee).

212 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. forward meeting invites within teams

Ability to forward meetings and/or add attendees when you are not the original meeting creator.

Currently if Employee A invites me to a meeting I cannot invite Employee B, C, or D unless I forward from Outlook. This seems to add complexity and restrains my ability to stay within the Team ecosystem. I would like the ability to add attendees or quickly forward meetings to other members from the Meeting room and/or the Chat box.

206 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remote control on linux

First of all I really thank you to create the Teams Linux client. What would be really useful now is having available also for the Linux client the Remote Control feature (during the screen sharing).

203 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow scheduling a meeting as private (hidden details)

When you schedule a meeting in Outlook you can choose to mark it as private so that it does not show up in your calendar. This is very useful sometimes when you have a calendar everyone is allowed to view. This features appears to be missing in Microsoft Teams.

200 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams meeting lobby - allow "selected people" to bypass lobby

With the new "Only me" option for bypassing the lobby, this puts huge onus on organisers who might not normally expect to attend a meeting but where the meeting has a requirement to hold particpants int eh lobby.

For example ...

Person A sets up a MS Teams meeting that we will use to teach a random group of students about a topic. Person A sets the lobby to "only me" and invites person B as a "presenter". They also invite 100 random students.

On the delivery day Person A arrives and admits person B from the lobby shortly before…

192 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to play music while waiting for a meeting to start

It would be very useful if Teams had a built in way for a meeting organizer and/or presenter to be able to play some music at the very beginning of a meeting while waiting for everyone to join in. This would let everyone who is already in know that their audio is working, and would help cut down on potential chatter at the beginning that can sometimes derail the start of a meeting.

We've all heard people join in and start asking if things are working when all they hear is silence, or had to tell everyone repeatedly that the…

193 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Live Events Unmute Presenters

Currently the producer have the ability to mute a presenter but can't unmute him, it would be nice to have for a full control and fluid experience.

189 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adjust the volume of individuals in a group call

Like discord I would like to adjust the volumes of each member in the call.
    This is to adjust volume levels to the microphones they are using, or lower background noise from other participants.

188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Integrate OneNote, Planner into Meeting Notes

1. When having a Teams meeting based on a channel/Team, I want to use OnNote instead of "Meeting Notes" 

2. In OneNote, be able to add the Meeting Invite information 

3. In the note, it should separate who attended and who was invited but didnt not attend 
      3B. Make these actual attendees list editable 

4. Add tasks to the OneNote that you can assign users 

5. From those OneNote tasks, auto create Planner tasks. 

6. When the meeting concludes, you can go to the channel and see the OneNote/Meeting Minutes as a tab 

7. Should see the Planner Tasks from that meeting on a planner tab in…
    186 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base