Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add ability to unmute someone you muted

Add ability to unmute someone you muted. I discretely muted someone who had a loud audio whine coming through their system during a meeting and when I asked them a question and tried to un-mute them, I discovered I could not and then had to explain he was muted.

Please make it so if a user mutes someone they can also unmute them. The only person who should be able to unmute a user that muted themselves is themself. But if a another user mutes a user, then either user should be able to unmute. There should be an indication/notification…

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop chat notifications if you leave meeting

Just went to meeting on PC client, and left as my part was done, now I'm still getting chat notifications of that meeting on my MOBILE device (Android) as other people still continue in that meeting. On Android, I see "Meeting in progress" and JOIN - still I get notifications of that meeting's chat.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mutual Screen Sharing

Id love the ability to, in a meeting share up to 2 screens, from seperate attendees.

Use case: I arrange a meeting with a colleague in a different location, attempting to debug 2 integrated applications. I am the master of one, my colleague is the master of the second. Id like to share what I am doing with him, while being bale to see what he is doing on my secondary monitor.

This will allow us to easily and quick understand context around the issue and aid with resolution.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide attendee activity and engagement data post meeting

Currently other solutions (such as Zoom and Clearslide) can provide a report at the end of each meeting which contains information on attendee activity and their level of engagement. Having this capability is essential to drive increased uptake of Teams for meetings, specifically those that are customer facing.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Outlook invites for meetings

As far as I can see when I see up a meeting in a channel there aren't any notifications or invites sent to Outlook calendars of those in the team (channel). Please tell me if I can change this myself otherwise can it be added to a future release please? Thanks

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow scheduling a meeting as private (hidden details)

When you schedule a meeting in Outlook you can choose to mark it as private so that it does not show up in your calendar. This is very useful sometimes when you have a calendar everyone is allowed to view. This features appears to be missing in Microsoft Teams.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Team meeting shared notes

Please allow to link a OneNote shared notes with Teams meeting. The same option is now available in Skype for Business meetings.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mute

Ability to control who has access to muting all other meeting participants.

In other meeting platforms (Webex, GoTo Meeting), only the meeting host or delegates hosts have the ability to mute everyone else in the meeting. In Teams, everyone can mute all other participants and this is a concern for companies switching over from those platforms.

Can we create an option where only the meeting host has the ability to mute all other participants?

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Having more than four video sessions visible within a Teams session.

Having more than four video sessions visible on a Team session when no screen sharing is occurring. Many call this the Hollywood Squares or Brady Bunch affect.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow us to remove the office 365 group from meeting invitation

When creating a meeting in a Teams channel, it automatically includes the Office 365 Group that mirrors the Team on the invite list - and you CANNOT remove it. This has the consequence of sending an actual invite to your meeting to everyone in the entire Office 365 Group. This makes it impossible to just have a small meeting in a channel without disturbing or inviting unintended guests. This seems insane? Even if you must include this Office 365 Group in the list of invites by default, at least let us remove it! But really, it should not be there…

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Upcoming/started meeting reminder with Join button in channel

Currently in order to join meeting that does not have any participants yet, user has to go to Meetings tab and click Join. This creates meeting message in channel with convenient 'Join' button others can use to join the meeting directly from the channel. It would be nice if Teams would post automatic messages about upcoming/started meetings in the channel with the Join button, so everyone can join directly from the channel.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to play music while waiting for a meeting to start

It would be very useful if Teams had a built in way for a meeting organizer and/or presenter to be able to play some music at the very beginning of a meeting while waiting for everyone to join in. This would let everyone who is already in know that their audio is working, and would help cut down on potential chatter at the beginning that can sometimes derail the start of a meeting.

We've all heard people join in and start asking if things are working when all they hear is silence, or had to tell everyone repeatedly that the…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Outlook Join Teams Meeting Button

In Outlook, have the "Join Teams Meeting" button go directly to teams if installed to prevent the webpage from loading first.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 'Add All Team Members' your meeting.

'Add All Team Members' your meeting button!
    Rather than individually inviting people, or hoping that everyone 'Adds Meeting to Calendar' an option to 'Invite All' would be great.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Invite / Add Distribution List to Scheduled Meeting Invite

Currently unable to add DLs to the 'Invite People' field when creating a new / scheduled Teams meeting.
    Would like to add a DL to a Teams meeting instead of adding people one by one.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Rename call in participant

Is there a way to rename a call in user in MS Teams meetings, e.g, if you have someone come in via phone only and you want to associate a name with the phone number. In other conferencing apps you can rename a call in user.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Search Meeting notes function

Having a search feature that searches all the pages under meeting notes for a certain topic or area so I don't have to spend ages looking through past notes for a certain thing.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Parent view

Need to put assignments into pupil's Outlook calendar so that they can share a read only link with parents. This would enable parents to see all upcoming assignments for their child, i.e. a parent view of assignments.

Alternatively, give parents a code linked to their child's account that will allow them to see selective team content including all assignment details. Teachers should be able to select whether parents can see everything, particular channels, or just assignments.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "No One" choice in the lobby.

Please add the "No one" choice to the Meeting Options section, aka. The Lobby.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Migrate Skype for Business Meetings to Teams

When we migrated from Lync to Skype for Business there was an easy to use tool to convert your Lync meetings to Skype for Business meetings.

When moving to Teams it would be extremely useful to have a tool to do the same thing for Skype for Business meetings.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base